400k in the bank for two months - cutting it fine!

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure of forum rules....

Rather than post link to thread here is post from ubonjoe...

"It is 2 months before the date you apply for the extension now. The 60 days for the first extension no longer exists in the police order."

Correct, the 60-day requirement in order 327/2557 (2014), was amended to 2 months in the updated order 548-2562 (2019). My apologies.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I wrote that Guideline for another AN member using the requirements documents of his specific Imm Office, and providing comprehensive comments on how to deal with each of those requirements.  

When the OP provides me with the requirements for his Pathum Thani office, I will customize the Guideline to address those requirements (since the detail requirements for every Imm Office differ). 

Not very 'comprehensive' if the list doesn't cover every office.

Comprehensive - complete; including all or nearly all elements or aspects of something.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Melpomene said:

It's going to be pretty tight and annoyingly the two month seasoning date is a Saturday (25/11), so potentially the earliest I could apply is 27/11 which is the day before my permission to stay expires - is this cutting it too fine given it'll be my first experience applying for this extension and there's a chance I'll have some document missing/incorrect ?

OP, applying on 27th is fine.

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Comprehensive - complete; including all or nearly all elements or aspects of something.

That's impossible.

For anyone that has a road map then most likely best to base that on CW requirements.

There are ~ 75 immigration offices.

Best to ask for roadmap and then check with your own immigration office..

Plenty of Rogue offices out there. 

Again thanks @Red Phoenix for all your efforts. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

A document that would cover all the detailed and DIFFERENT requirements for the 1-year extension application for reason of Marriage as applied in all +76 Thai Imm Offices, would be both massive, impractical and unreadable. 

I requested the OP to provide me with the requirements document as provided by his local Imm Office, so that I can provide detailed comments on how to deal with these specific requirements.  And that Imm Office specific Guideline document would be quite comprehensive. 

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

OP, applying on 27th is fine.

Only quoting to give OP a heads up.

His immigration office can be anal re requiring bank statements, even for first extension.

Could ask for bank statements..

If bank is Bangkok Bank ...that could be an issue

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

His immigration office can be anal re requiring bank statements, even for first extension.

Could ask for bank statements..

If bank is Bangkok Bank ...that could be an issue

Only for 12 month statements. (retirement)

The requirement for extension based on marriage is 2 months, as you pointed out.

Any Bangkok Bank branch can print, stamp and sign a statement up to 6 months on request.

Edited by Liquorice

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

A document that would cover all the detailed and DIFFERENT requirements for the 1-year extension application for reason of Marriage as applied in all +76 Thai Imm Offices, would be both massive, impractical and unreadable. 

Well UJ (RIP) used to post a comprehensive document checklist that never received a complaint, and I've PM'd multiple members in the past with a 'comprehensive' list, and they were successful. Nobody is refused for submitting a document they may not request, and there is a limit to what can be requested.

What's the point of a forum if you request members to PM you all the time for information.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

Yes, I fell for that idiotic post…to complete all the forms and the maps x 2 cannot be done in 15 minutes…and who would go in for a marriage visa w/o having PP photos done in advance was BS…actually, I don’t think they even do photos on site? And no mention of specific family photo requirements, specific color ink, Bank and letter statements etc…

I had already done the photos and photocopies last week. All I needed today was the bank letter and 6m statement ( which I did this morning). And the 4 forms from the tray 1,2,3 trays at immigration + map form.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

IMG_20230929_213826.jpg

Fine..

Your previous post was a joke re attending immigration with zero forms and preparation.

You did not even mention bank letter etc etc. In previous post. 

Now you mention photos, bank statements etc etc 

You organized previously

Your first post is misleading or rubbish at best

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lady said they only had 1 family application this morning, and mine was the second for the day.

Perhaps because they just recently start to turn people away who are not married, but do have a family, same as I had, wanting that additional document now. I

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Fine..

Your previous post was a joke re attending immigration with zero forms and preparation.

You did not even mention bank letter etc etc. In previous post. 

Now you mention photos, bank statements etc etc 

You organized previously

Your first post is misleading or rubbish at best

Maybe you just read it wrong, I understood from it that he was prepared except for the casual forms that you get from the trays there.

9 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Perhaps because they just recently start to turn people away who are not married, but do have a family, same as I had, wanting that additional document now. I

No, you were just fortunate previously.
Other IO's may have refused an extension based on Thai child earlier.

You have no parental rights nor are you the legalised Father, but just keep moaning instead of doing something positive.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

No, you were just fortunate previously.
Other IO's may have refused an extension based on Thai child earlier.

You have no parental rights nor are you the legalised Father, but just keep moaning instead of doing something positive.

The amphur actually confirmed I am, and we can get a docment. Again, we were never asked it in 3-4 provinces, in over 4-5 years, that is a lot of extensions with different officers, in different offices. Same for people I know doing this since years.

Same for it to not make sense to then do handing out a specific non-o child visa at embassies or consulates. 

You clearly also failed to read I have already resolved it in the south. So nothing fortunate about it, no bribes either.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I requested the OP to provide me with the requirements document as provided by his local Imm Office, so that I can provide detailed comments on how to deal with these specific requirements.  And that Imm Office specific Guideline document would be quite comprehensive. 

I'll send these over to you over the weekend. Apologies for the delay ????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:52 PM, Cardinalblue1958 said:

You need to have a minimum of 2 months of bank statements and also a bank letter stating that the money is in the bank on the date you apply for visa…

in CM, if you don’t get to Immigration early in the morning, they move you to the next day…

Ok, I always assumed and was told that at CW it was 3 months. Maybe I should speak to a visa agent about this as I am now confused as I always went on the 3 month 'rule'. Another question then. Since I expire in mid November can I then renew the visa mid-October? How does then change my renewal dates - still November or October afterwards? 

27 minutes ago, Top33 said:

Ok, I always assumed and was told that at CW it was 3 months. Maybe I should speak to a visa agent about this as I am now confused as I always went on the 3 month 'rule'. Another question then. Since I expire in mid November can I then renew the visa mid-October? How does then change my renewal dates - still November or October afterwards? 

Using money in bank method the rules are clear.

For extension based on retirement funds 800k in bank for 2 months prior and 3 months after day of application.

Not below 400k in other months.

At CW you can apply up to 45 days prior to expiry of your permission of stay.

Note applying early does not alter your "annual extension date" 

The 12 months starts from expiry of current permit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully can sneak in a question rather than start a thread.

So off to CW next week for 12 months extension retirement.

Normally have everything prepared. 

This year I plan to obtain photos etc done at the photo print stall lower level.  Is that possible?

In regards photocopies can you just hand your pp to shop and say "retirement".

Finally anyone had experience with obtaining 12 month bank statement at Kasikorn Bank at CW..

I do have a reason for not preparing in advance

TIA....

Edited by DrJack54

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Melpomene said:

So I received the under consideration stamp in my passport today with one day to spare!  I tried doing the renewal on Friday, but was advised to return this morning which we did.  

Everything else went fine and immigration have called already to say they're visiting the house tomorrow, which is a lot faster than I expected.  Frantically ringing round the neighbours to find someone who'll be in!

Huge thanks to everyone who helped with this application and for all those who sent direct messages offering advice.  Particular thanks to Red Phoenix who took the time to go through all the specific guidance provided by Pathum Thani immigration and offer tailored suggestions based upon this...the help was absolutely invaluable in getting this application submitted.

~

Thanks for your kind words, and glad to hear that your application went smooth!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1