British Teachers Not Hired! Thai School Clarifies Drama

webfact

On 9/29/2023 at 6:54 PM, Sydebolle said:

Well, the local alternative might be a touch of mishandling the kids by slapping, whipping, dashing, lashing or flogging.

Those semi-divine teachers, Khun Kroo, are - by all accounts - not native speakers of the language.

Explains the present disastrous level of foreign languages spoken by the 20 - 30 years old and much worse among the younger ones ???? 

The following entertaining clip wraps it up quite nicely on what might go on in Thai classrooms when English is being taught ???? 
https://youtu.be/Ep-l8B8nNb8?t=60 

Very funny. Just send it to my Thai partner who is a retired teacher of English. She was not impressed.

Edited by norfolkandchance

8 hours ago, Deserted said:

I think they should either kick them out or not kick them out.

it would come down to the girls catching h*ll.......but of course is just a "thai misunderstanding"...and in very small print the site they use to find these gigs is profiting and has the legalese to do so......and of course the thais dont want to pay or do the proper paperwork..

I worked legally here and took forever to get a visa and work permit and i was upset no one ever asked to see it as it was a PITA to get....also had to go to BKK to apply and PAY for a volunteer visa to work for free!!!!     as i did Vol work in CM.....

workaway charges you $25 usd for a year to access the "opptys" avaible  aka slave labor...

On 9/29/2023 at 3:29 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

nope...this is a common scam.......school gets free labor and site get membership money

https://www.workaway.info/

now find the fine print about doing this without visa....as I did this in vietnam....slave labor

It's called building up international working experience, that can be helpful, when later on graduating, and starting career. But yeah, depends how you look at it, why would one apply anyway if it is not benefiting or nice. 

Did always surprise me how expensive it was, only due to cost, I had to turn it down myself in younger student years. But this was somewhere in africa.

And no, not as a teacher, just in IT.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

At least they can speak English not like the Yanks do

well, so many incomprehensible accents in england that they had to come up with received pronunciation or else you would have been doomed. BTW i aint a yank

16 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It's called building up international working experience, that can be helpful, when later on graduating, and starting career. But yeah, depends how you look at it, why would one apply anyway if it is not benefiting or nice. 

Did always surprise me how expensive it was, only due to cost, I had to turn it down myself in younger student years. But this was somewhere in africa.

And no, not as a teacher, just in IT.

could be called illegal in eyes of IMM officers