Shutdown Averted - McCarthy Sides With Dems

Well we all knew it was coming. McCarthy slapped the weirdos in the house and sided with Dems to keep the govt functioning for another 45 days. What it means? Nothing other than the govt functioning will happen between now and the presidential election. Why can I hear tears? 

• Confused 3

I don't know where to find information showing why government spending in the USA increases by more than inflation and population growth. I found this so far:

Between 2013 and 2022, aggregate annual spending by the 50 state governments, excluding federal funds, increased 51.7%. Total annual federal spending rose 69.4% during the decade, more than three times as fast as the 21.6% increase in the rate of population growth plus inflation. https://www.livemint.com/budget/the-data-prove-government-is-spending-too-much-11696443626605.html#:~:text=Between 2013 and 2022%2C aggregate,of population growth plus inflation.

Does it outstrip population growth due to infrastructure costs or something else?

On 10/1/2023 at 2:53 PM, mikebike said:

Well we all knew it was coming. McCarthy slapped the weirdos in the house and sided with Dems to keep the govt functioning for another 45 days. What it means? Nothing other than the govt functioning will happen between now and the presidential election. Why can I hear tears? 

I might be wrong but it wasn't McCarthy siding with the Dems but the Dems supporting McCarthy in what is known as a bipartisan supported bill.

• Thumbs Up 1