Re Entry Permits Conditions on: Education Visa and Chiang Mai University Visa?

Ok so I am looking to get a Chiang Mai University Visa for 15 months for 65,000.

During the 15 months I want to go on holiday maybe two or three times for maybe One week at a time.

Has anyone done this with these types of Visa. I know I need a re entry permit.......But do i need to pay a bribe to Immigration when I come back into Phuket Airpot?
Or Do I pay for fast track and if so how do I that?
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, hydraides said:

Ok so I am looking to get a Chiang Mai University Visa for 15 months for 65,000.

During the 15 months I want to go on holiday maybe two or three times for maybe One week at a time.

Has anyone done this with these types of Visa. I know I need a re entry permit.......But do i need to pay a bribe to Immigration when I come back into Phuket Airpot?

Don't do it ...you will surely be DENIED entry into Thailand upon arrival... even with a re-entry permit and the Ed Visa. You will be on Thai Immigration radar with that fraudulently acquired Ed Visa.

2 hours ago, travelerjim said:

Don't do it ...you will surely be DENIED entry into Thailand upon arrival

Why have people been able to do this previously. 

Read the thread I posted above.

Granted you are most likely correct about trying to do it multiple times as the OP has outlined. 

It will depend on which ed Visa you have if its to learn thai they will ask you a few easy questions in thai at the airport. If it's for cooking or something else if you have a letter from the school you should be ok, but they are revising the number of times you are allowed reentry 2 maybe 3 should have no problem 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why have people been able to do this previously. 

Read the thread I posted above.

Granted you are most likely correct about trying to do it multiple times as the OP has outlined. 

Do you also think that multiple times on a Chiang Mai ED visa, with the entry at Phuket not ring the alarm with immigration?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 5:22 AM, travelerjim said:

Don't do it ...you will surely be DENIED entry into Thailand upon arrival... even with a re-entry permit and the Ed Visa. You will be on Thai Immigration radar with that fraudulently acquired Ed Visa.

Nonsense. It certainly takes some consideration (a student cannot be absent from class for too long without a valid reason), but a few short holidays over the course of 15 months as outlined by the OP isn't a problem. Preferably during times when there aren't any classes (term breaks, public holidays), or having a letter from the university explaining the absence.

Your statement that the OP's visa is "fraudulently acquired" is defamatory. While I won't deny that education visas are being abused by certain people, where's the evidence to back up your claim in this particular case? The OP can be a bona fide student AND STILL want to go on a short trip abroad occasionally. 

If you can show that the trips were during official breaks in the course; or you have a letter from the university stating that the absence is approved and does not affect your adherence to the course requirements: then there will be no problem.

Otherwise, it becomes up to the Immigration official at the airport. They may question how a full time student can possibly be adhering to course requirements when missing classes. If this should occur, do not rely on being able to bribe yourself out of trouble.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, hydraides said:

Oh, great topic! I have similar questions - I was told that if you intend to leave Thailand for a short time during your stay in the country, you must first obtain a re-entry permit. Without it, your current visa may be invalidated upon departure. Fortunately, you can get a re-entry permit at the Immigration Office in Chiang Mai. There are two types of re-entry permits: single entry and multiple entry. Choose the one that best suits your travel intentions. Hope this is helpful.

On 10/6/2023 at 9:12 AM, BritTim said:

If you can show that the trips were during official breaks in the course; or you have a letter from the university stating that the absence is approved and does not affect your adherence to the course requirements: then there will be no problem.

Otherwise, it becomes up to the Immigration official at the airport. They may question how a full time student can possibly be adhering to course requirements when missing classes. If this should occur, do not rely on being able to bribe yourself out of trouble.

For those seeking assistance in crafting well-argued essays or understanding the nuances of argumentative writing, Edubirdie's Argumentative Essays https://edubirdie.com/examples/argumentative-essays/ can be a valuable resource. Back to the visa issue, having evidence of official breaks or university-approved absences is key to smooth re-entry. It's essential to ensure that any travel aligns with course requirements to avoid potential challenges with immigration officials. Remember, transparency and adherence to regulations are the best way forward in these situations. Stay informed and prepared for a hassle-free academic journey!

That's a great point. I think it is important to have all the documents ready and to avoid any questions from the migration service. 

Edited by LarryChenard