Norwegian man murders his Thai boyfriend in Chiang Mai

webfact

image.jpeg

Police arrested a Norwegian man on Tuesday for the alleged murder of his Thai boyfriend at their home in the northern province of Chiang Mai.

A resident of Wang Singha Kham village in Pa Dad district of Chaing Mai province reported the death of a 39 year old Thai man named Charit to Mueang Chiang Mai Police Station on the night of October 3.

The villager said he had seen Charit’s boyfriend, a 50 year old Norwegian man, outside the house. The foreign man was seen crawling outside the house in fear, so the locals offered to help him. The Norwegian man asked the local to help him check inside his house, saying that someone had died there.

Upon entering the house, the local discovered the body of Charit in a pool of blood. The foreigner told the neighbour that he had found his boyfriend dead when he came out of the bathroom. He said that Charit had been murdered and that he had seen the killer running away from the scene.

Police and rescue workers later arrived at the house to investigate the death further. They reported that Charit had a severe deep-cut wound on his neck. A bloody cleaver and two kitchen knives were found near his body.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ คนล้านนา

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

RIP young man. Peace for you. I am sad to think of the violence towards you and from your partner ????????

I was once surprised, I was simply ignorant (perhaps even somewhat naive as a young therapist) of the factual nature of some, some gay relationships and that fact was/is that domestic violence by one against the other partner was/is high per capita compared to DV in heterosexual relationships. In other words it appears to be quite common.

I learnt this over many years of providing therapy for gay and straight folks and having access the lots and lots of session time, and emperical data on the subject of DV and morbidity factors.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

For those lazy to read the whole article. The Norwegian guy at first said there was an intruder then he changed it to suicide. But later on confessed that he killed the Thai bf but not giving any motive. Norwegian guy is also HIV positive with many illnesses and often argues with his bf. They have been together for just over a year. 

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Does seem that no week goes by without some farang or other wanting to enjoy the delights of a Thai prison. Jesus! just walk away!

hard to just walk away when they deliberately scheme and plan then cheat and lie and disrespect you after providing a house, car and money over the years.   Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hard to just walk away when they deliberately scheme and plan then cheat and lie and disrespect you after providing a house, car and money over the years.   Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The Norwegian man has just dug his hole deeper by not walking away. In a hypothetical case he may have lost a lot of money and suffered emotional pain but if he walks away he still has his freedom but now he still has the loss and the pain (compounded by being a murderer) and lost his freedom with no hope of a new beginning. Emotional responses are ego driven and don't end well. It is better to realize that things don't happen to me, they happen in the space of me and the 'I am' is the patient observer, detached but still playing my part on the stage but I am simultaneously also in the audience. No harm can come to the actor once he realizes he is only playing a part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

For those lazy to read the whole article. The Norwegian guy at first said there was an intruder then he changed it to suicide. But later on confessed that he killed the Thai bf but not giving any motive. Norwegian guy is also HIV positive with many illnesses and often argues with his bf. They have been together for just over a year. 

What a sad and terrible situation...and it led to this

• Thumbs Up 1