I Need some thing to help me sleep .

I suppose others before me have recommended this. Try Melatonin, 3 mg. I bought mine from Lazada, but any pharmacy/drug store should have them. It's a supplement, not a sleeping pill. Your body makes it naturally, but makes less as you grow older. Tourists use it to reset their body clocks after travelling across several time zones. I haven't used it in a couple of years. It helped my body adapt to the new level.

• Thumbs Up 1

What has happened to the good old Xananax. Half a tablet and you will sleep for around 6 hours. I know its techically a banned substance now in Thailand but its freely available if you enquire around. Failing that an Atarax tablet works just as well. Available cheap from the pharmacy.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, tomgreen said:

Thanks, the '' Gummies '' sounds ok for a newbie like my self, any recommendations as to make / type / seller .

Tom 

Sorry, I don't know of any brands in LoS.  I suggest that you visit some vendors near where you live and see what they have.   

THC-infused gummies usually contain 5-mg doses each, see what is available.

Be Careful!  It is really easy to treat these like regular candy, so don't eat the whole bag while waiting for it to take effect!

• Thumbs Up 2

Your options are...

- THC oil - which I find a bit hit and miss due to the amount of time you need to let it sit under your tongue

- gummies - which I prefer as you can better control the dose. There's plenty of imported gummies from CA here. For a first timer, 20mg of THC should be sufficient to help you sleep. So it should be fairly inexpensive. It does take an hour or so to properly hit you, more if you take on a full stomach

- smoke/vape - which is the fastest way to get the effect. When you buy the weed, make sure you get Indica and not Sativa as Sative can keep you awake, whereas Indica will have you nodding off nicely. If you can't get a pure Indica strain then get a hybrid that is 80/20 Indica/Sativa.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2023 at 9:20 PM, Acharn said:

I suppose others before me have recommended this. Try Melatonin, 3 mg. I bought mine from Lazada, but any pharmacy/drug store should have them. It's a supplement, not a sleeping pill. Your body makes it naturally, but makes less as you grow older. Tourists use it to reset their body clocks after travelling across several time zones. I haven't used it in a couple of years. It helped my body adapt to the new level.

Op already said melatonin doesn’t work for them. 
There was a thread from a few months back on this subject. Samui Grower particularly switched on. Regards oils, they say CBD oil alone doesn’t cut it…. should be CBN/THC cross: oil, gummies or otherwise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/6/2023 at 11:07 AM, tomgreen said:

As some one who has never tried any forms of cannabis before

according to some sleep experts, cannabis may help you fall asleep.

however, it disrupts REM sleep.

if you are deprived of REM sleep for long periods of time, this can increase risks to major health issues such as diabetes, heart disease ...

• Thumbs Up 1

I find the ganja I have sampled here is high in THC but low in CBD. Here in Switzerland I can smoke CBD (but not THC) quite legally and am just stripping a (legal) plant of its' buds and the (high)  CBD-only is quite pleasant thankyou.

VERY mellow. yeah, man... mellow.

My point is that the high-THC low-CBD will not give you the mellow feeling that helps sleep. Try and get some high-CBD stuff.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/17/2023 at 4:14 AM, nglodnig said:

I find the ganja I have sampled here is high in THC but low in CBD. Here in Switzerland I can smoke CBD (but not THC) quite legally and am just stripping a (legal) plant of its' buds and the (high)  CBD-only is quite pleasant thankyou.

VERY mellow. yeah, man... mellow.

My point is that the high-THC low-CBD will not give you the mellow feeling that helps sleep. Try and get some high-CBD stuff.

Agreed. Especially for non-smoker and first time users. I would recommend CBD first and if it doesn't work enough continue with THC (edibles).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A couple of questions.

Isn't THC illegal in Thailand? 

Would THC by itself not cause paranoia and hence not get you off to sleep and sleep well?

I believe THC is a psychotropic substance so those in recovery can't take it but could take CBD? 

Then again coffee and nicotine are psychotropic too😂

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing easier than that:

start counting 1, 2 3, 4, 5 ........ etc.

Next morning, when you wake up, you remember, you stopped unwillingly at ---- 29.

No drugs, no medication ... and very healthy for your brain 🙂.

• Haha 1

Before wanting to take something to sleep, OP may want to consider what not to take and avoid in order to get a good night's sleep.

The classics to avoid pase Noon are any soda drink, booze, coffee, tea, fruit, certain vegetables with any vitamin C base, any spicy delicious food...try to eat some horribly bland and plainly boiled say fish with bland rice. No salt or sauce, onions or anything else.

Try for a few days a and then if it does not work obviously you take another path.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/25/2023 at 3:41 PM, Neeranam said:

A couple of questions.

Isn't THC illegal in Thailand? 

Would THC by itself not cause paranoia and hence not get you off to sleep and sleep well?

I believe THC is a psychotropic substance so those in recovery can't take it but could take CBD? 

There are legal alternatives similar to THC products.
I use the CB9 Distillate, a cannabinoid that's different from others like CBD and Delta-9 THC due to its chemical structure.
And if you ask about the legal restrictions, its unique structure helps with the legal standards.

Regarding THC potentially causing paranoia, CB9 Distillate was recommended to me as a safe way to explore THC's benefits with controllable effects. So, it has all the advantages for a beginner to use.