Global Warming just a way to force everyone to buy Electric Cars?

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Had you been around 120 years ago, you would have similar thoughts about the cars vs horses debate.

How do you know? Was that your reaction 120 years ago?

It seems you are one of those people who think a skeptical reaction is a negative reaction. I am just not so blind not to see all the problems with EVs - even when they have some advantages. 

In ten years perhaps electric cars will be the norm, batteries will not explode, battery chargers will be found every 5 km, purchase costs will be at the level of a third of the current purchase price, the distance traveled on a single charge will be at least 1000 km, the pollution will be the same but with a clear conscience, so I will wait another 10 years to buy an EV.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How do you know? Was that your reaction 120 years ago?

It seems you are one of those people who think a skeptical reaction is a negative reaction. I am just not so blind not to see all the problems with EVs - even when they have some advantages. 

i am convinced that every electric car user is aware that the car also has some disadvantages.

in any case, i have not found anyone who only speaks positively about BEV's. you imply that

BEV owners  want not acknowledge this and ev owners are blind ...

criticism is good and welcome, but if possible, it should be supported by facts!

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

i am convinced that every electric car user is aware that the car also has some disadvantages.

in any case, i have not found anyone who only speaks positively about BEV's. you imply that

BEV owners  want not acknowledge this and ev owners are blind ...

criticism is good and welcome, but if possible, it should be supported by facts!

It seems to me there are too many fanatics out there.

1123.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Is Global Warming just a way to force everyone to buy Electric Cars and put pressure on Russia and the Middle East?

Not really.  It's just the WEF-types, the billionaire-class, and their political proxies slipping on "the boot."

“There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always— do not forget this, Winston— always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever.
― George Orwell, 1984

• Haha 1

If World governments were serious about global warming they could mandate and subsidise:-

Domestic, commercial and industrial solar power - CO2 savings with rooftop solar (no batteries) go well beyond those of EV's

17 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Is Global Warming just a way to force everyone to buy Electric Cars and put pressure on Russia and the Middle East?

Did global warming bring an end to steam locomotives or force railways into electrification?

Modern science has highlighted the dangers of pollution generally, global warming is an issue along the same lines.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/feb/10/ellas-law-rosamund-kissi-debrah-air-pollution-death-london#:~:text=Ella's fame is tragic%3A she,as a cause of death.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bandersnatch said:

It is clear that many posting here are totally unaware just how foul and toxic internal combustion engines are.

Can I suggest you try locking yourself in the garage with the engine running. I am sure you will find the experience very educational 

Stupid comment, how many things have you driven,  bought, flown in that have used or indirectly burned oil.

Your garage thing is daft to the extreme, but expected...????

15 hours ago, SuperSaiyan said:

Bro, the earth always changed it's weather. You climate deniers and climate crisis hoaxers are always so hilarious with your stats only showing a few decades. Did you know that we are at the end of an ice age? There's no emergency, nobody stole Greta's life.

When climate changes, there has to be a forcing factor such as increased solar activities, or changes in the Earth's axis. Since you admit the climate is changing, please describe the forcing factor causing the current warming.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In the UK many insurance companies are stopping offering insurance for Electric cars.

The few still offering want 400gbp/month to insure a Tesla 3.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/bills/insurance/john-lewis-stops-insuring-electric-cars/

In response second hand prices have dropped by 30% in the last 6 months.

That's pretty much the end of electric cars for private sales in the UK.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/used-electric-car-prices-still-falling-fast-as-buyers-continue-to-shun-evs/284735

September saw the UK EV share at 23.4% of the auto market, up from 22.4% year on year. Full electric sales grew in volume by 19% YoY, slightly less growth than the overall market.

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Your comment, as expected is ludicrous.

You may not be a fan of EVs, that’s fine, that’s your prerogative. But you cannot possibly think that ICE fumes are good for the environment and that the zero emissions from EVs are a definite improvement. Sound pollution is also significantly reduced with EVs. Unless you’re living in the middle of Nakhon Nowhere, you must have surely been irritated by loud engine noises roaring by.

But you missed the point of my post to "another's" post.....????

• Sad 1