Incredibly smart or incredibly stupid? What we learned from using ChatGPT for a year

Social Media

image.png

Next month ChatGPT will celebrate its first birthday – marking a year in which the chatbot, for many, turned AI from a futuristic concept to a daily reality.

Its universal accessibility has led to a host of concerns, from job losses to disinformation to plagiarism. Over the same period, tens of millions of users have been investigating what the platform can do to make their lives just a little bit easier.

Upon its release, users quickly embraced ChatGPT’s potential for silliness, asking it to play 20 questions or write its own songs. As its first anniversary approaches, people are using it for a huge range of tasks. We’ve all heard about uses like crafting emails, writing student essays and penning cover letters. But with the right prompts, it can take on jobs that are more esoteric but equally useful in everyday life. Here are a few that might come in handy.

Jargon demystifier

You’re at a work meeting, and the accountants are talking about GAAP operating income for Q4 of FY22, the design people are panicked about kerning, and the CEO wants you to circle back to drill down on some pain points. On top of that, your British boss says your work is “quite good” but strangely doesn’t seem happy with it, while your US colleague claims everything anyone has ever done is amazing. Users say they’ve turned to ChatGPT for help as an intermediary, employing it to translate workplace jargon so everyone’s on the same page about the concerns you flagged, tnx.

FULL ARTICLE

Guardian.png

It has moved on dramatically with the ability to produce amazing images and videos with justa sentence or two of text ChatGPT is just one  provider of AI access,Bing and Dall-e seem to be moving ahead.

The next few months will be amazing for sure.

A Search on Chet GPT  should always be suspect. any result should always be further researched on traditional search  engines. 

several times It has given incorrect answers.  When i did a search for tax reciprocity agreement between Thailand and the US because I wanted to get the actual document and read a specific provision. it told me  that Thailand did not have a tax agreement with the US , "I replied yes it does it was signed in  1996" 

To which it replied " apologies ! it seems I was wrong, Indeed ........................... I will update my records"  

A New york lawyer was suctioned for using incorrect  AI information as his own.  

https://www.reuters.com/legal/new-york-lawyers-sanctioned-using-fake-chatgpt-cases-legal-brief-2023-06-22/

• 2 months later...

I was very surprised when I came to know about Chat GPT. To me it looked like something unearthly. I was in college at the time and often had to write essays on various topics. I once tried Chat GPT for this, but then it did poorly. Since I was not creative, I looked for an alternative and found this resource showed itself much better. But I think Chat GPT will evolve and one day it can become very intelligent. I wonder when it will become paid?