WISE instant virtual free VISA debit cards.

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yep, done it, and it works perfectly. 

I wonder if a virtual card would work for a card free withdrawal at an ATM?

Must try it.

Unless there's some new paradigm happening, card free withdrawl in Thailand is bank specific using your bank balance to fund and bank app to authenticate, you don't stand at the ATM punching in 16 digits of any Visa and flip the card over (or 'show details' in wise app)... Have I missed something?

Edited by circa02
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also be careful using these cards at places where you need to prove purchase medium.  VbV and SecureCode (them prompts where you have to enter further details, sometimes an SMS OTP, sometimes tap app, sometimes personal questions etc..) should have eliminated the need for airlines  demanding "present credit card at checkin" for direct bookings, but time moves slowly in Asia, and logic isn't a player,  thus in 2023 many are still asking for this and I very much doubt sticking your Wise app in their face will help given they don't understand the objective for such.

Edited by circa02
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, circa02 said:

Unless there's some new paradigm happening, card free withdrawl in Thailand is bank specific using your bank balance to fund and bank app to authenticate, you don't stand at the ATM punching in 16 digits of any Visa and flip the card over (or 'show details' in wise app)... Have I missed something?

No, it is me being silly. Sorry, and thanks for the answer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Noticed this new offering this morning in my WISE app.

Create virtual VISA cards instantly, looks like you can have as many as you want.

I've only created one ........ but the app offers another creation immediately. 

Freeze, delete, change limits all instantly.

Very useful.

Just press the 'card' button at the bottom of the WISE app to get one.

The virtual card has been available since Wise changed from Mastercard to Visa a couple of years ago. I opened my account just as they changed and a bit surprised that a Visa card came through the post, thought at first I may have been a scammed.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Nothing appeared for me about virtual cards. If I click on cards same old message not available in TH.

Yup, same with me. I believe the OP is based in a part of Thailand that is 'forever England' :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, circa02 said:

The app offers a physical debit card which, which will be delivered in 11 days, and can be used everywhere in the world

1 hour ago, Tom H said:

is this a real visa credit card or just a debit cart with visa logo?

Wise does not offer a Credit Card, with which you can spend money you do not have. It is simply a Debit Card on which you must put money first. A bit like a Thai Credit Card.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Wise does not offer a Credit Card, with which you can spend money you do not have. It is simply a Debit Card on which you must put money first. A bit like a Thai Credit Card.

Still very useful though I imagine, when people are being debanked left, right and centre simply for living overseas.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

Still very useful though I imagine, when people are being debanked left, right and centre simply for living overseas.

I am now using Wise as my main current account as it is so easy and efficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nothings for FREE if you read what is on their site, as opposed to what the original poster posted on here, please do correct me if I am wrong.

https://wise.com/gb/pricing/card-fees?sourceAmount=1000&sourceCcy=GBP&targetCcy=EUR

Says digital card free.

Screenshot_2023-10-14-09-25-09-484_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BenStark said:

The app offers a physical debit card which, which will be delivered in 11 days, and can be used everywhere in the world

Yes I got the physical card when they changed over to Visa, think I had to pay £5 at the time. I created a virtual card at the same time but never seen the need to use it, contactless is much more convenient. Been a godsend when travelling.

For online payments I would use a credit card rather than a debit card, much easier to get your money back.

• Thanks 1