WISE instant virtual free VISA debit cards.

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Pal of mine, last night no debit card, had Thai address.

This morning changed address to UK, immediate debit card.

That is what could be new, previously you had to have account and physical card to create virtual cards.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm with Queen Victoria, "Make every country England".

That's only to facilitate looting them.

I suppose there is a point to having a WISE debit card if the banking routes are shut down by government fiat for people living overseas. That event seems to be a long way off in Australia, anyway.

40 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Only a handful of countries are eligible.  Great option for Brits  but most others won't be eligible.  Americans could opt for the physical card but it has to activated within the USA. 

So just change your account to a Brit address, once account opened they don't check.

• Thanks 1

So many ways nowadays to transfer money. I must use Wise as I need a Euro account to get paid. To get that to Thailand I can send it str8 from WIse or to  Revolut, where I can buy crypto, send to bitkub, or my crpto.com card, where I  get 3% cashback, Muchbetter, etc.

Remittance is so easy. SCB now use crypto between Japan and Thailand.

On 10/13/2023 at 10:11 AM, noobexpat said:

I guess you set up wise with a thai address?

Well now if one lives as an Expat in Thailand then ones Address Is in Thailand .

I tried it for fun but couldn't get one ,Same .

Why would one want one living in Thailand .The more cards one has the more trouble one can expect.

I Transfer /Import money in to Thailand With Wise , no need for a card ,using I banking on Laptop .I never use the Phone for that ,Not Safe no matter what people say.

Scams going on with every thing on the phones  even now with the QR code people losing money with that QR code .

• Sad 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:34 AM, Sigmund said:

May not work or be offered by Wise in every country.

I just tried with the Wise app here and it says cards not available in Thailand.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:03 AM, BritManToo said:

Pal of mine, last night no debit card, had Thai address.

This morning changed address to UK, immediate debit card.

Can't find any address on the app to change, pretty sure I just signed up with phone number and email address.

9 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Can't find any address on the app to change, pretty sure I just signed up with phone number and email address.

To see mine I select my profile (top left of home page) and then a green background details button at the top right of the next screen.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:33 AM, BritManToo said:

So just change your account to a Brit address, once account opened they don't check.

Could i change it back to the previous address.  How do you know this works? Interesting and would like to give this a try but seems "to good to be true".

Edit ----- Ignore above.  I just read the last few posts that answered my questions.

Edited by atpeace

From the website:

Shop wherever in the world contactless payments are accepted using Apple Pay, Google Pay or another digital wallet of your choice, all at the real exchange rate.

Is this possible in Thailand?  For example, checking out at Big C or 7 Eleven.  Thailand digital wallet?

50 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

But there seems to be a rather complicated 2% fee to fund transactions?...

More info please. I just got my card a minute ago and need to transfer money to my Wise account.  If there is an added 2% fee probably not interested.

It seems to only apply to topping up external accounts and would not be charged for transactions at Lazada for example.  Has anyone used at Lazada, Shopee, etc?

image.png.43a938f3341c7039daba7f14a46665cb.png

Edited by atpeace