If you do any or all of these can you please explain why you think any of them are acceptable?

Will B Good

38 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

why do people think it is okay to..........

Because no one confronts them, however No: 7 happened to me when I was on an airplane and I got up and asked the guy sitting behind me if he wouldn't mind pressing his feet up against my seat as I have a bad back and his feet pressed against my seat was causing me discomfort.

He apologised which I accepted and that was the end of it, when we were disembarking, I did want to go up to him and say I didn't have a bad back, but then said to self STFU.

With regard to the rest, ear pods with music and not looking at what other do, does help, suffice to say, live and let live, we cannot change the society that it has become.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

On the rudeness on public  transport totally agree but since lockdowns, and people including me mainly working from home, 3 days a week, trains are rarely full on the other 2 to be a concern.

On plane issue I am tall and I had a guy in front of me putting his seat back as far as possible recently and seemingly purposefully pushing back and moving in his seat to the detriment of my knees. I politely made him aware but he gave zero <deleted> so forgive me if I did knee his back a couple of times not on purpose or maybe on purpose. He said he had a bad back and I said sure but I am tall and you having your seat back makes it impossible for my knees not to go in your back a bit. Made me think if the seats with space are booked I might upgrade on longer flights as not fun. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

555.....pretty close!

Did have a guy, obviously quite ill, sat near us. I thought very considerate that he was wearing a mask.....until I saw he removed it every time he wanted to cough....555.

I was on a songthaew at the height of Covid and the  woman opposite me pulled down her mask, sneezed loudly into the air and put it back up.  Lol

• Haha 1

If that happens in a (cheap) public bus, then I am not surprised.

But just this morning I was in an expensive bakery. The (I think Chinese) guy next to me was talking on his phone and tablet with speakers on and he made sure everybody around him would be "entertained".

Two waitresses served other people on tables nearby and didn't care at all.

I looked at the noisy guy a couple of times and I am sure he knew he was annoying, and he didn't care.

Next time I go somewhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Just been travelling for 10 weeks on public transport.......why do people think it is okay to..........

1. Play games on a console with the speakers on full blast.....usually war games.

2. *Put their smart-phone on speaker to talk to a friend*.

3. Put their smart phone on loudspeaker and listen to their music or watch a movie.

4. Put their feet up on the seat opposite.

5.  Sit in an aisle seat, but put their bags on the window seat.

6. Speak as loudly as possible to a friend sat right next to them in a packed, but otherwise totally silent, train carriage.

7. Press their knees hard up into the seat in front on an aircraft.

Confessions of a grumpy, miserable, old expat........or understandable complaints?

* Someone did explain to me that women do this to avoid smudging their makeup.

5 - occasionally, but need to read the situation. If it's a busy bus certainly not. If it's a half full bus ok. With intent to move if needed. Nice to have your bag next to you. Train has more floor space so it can go on floor. Another is busy aircraft gate with no spare seats and bags on seats. This is unacceptable.

7 - Some airlines have very minimal leg room. I'm 190cm with long legs. There have been some flights where this is unavoidable as I barely fit in there. Sometimes it hurts if the seat has metal inside or the person tries to recline it. Perhaps other normal people do it too, I don't know. In that case I'd say disrespectful.

Most of the other things you mention piss me off. Particularly the having a loud call on loud speaker. I've heard someone say it's to protect them from radiation but I think these people just want attention or something

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Just been travelling for 10 weeks on public transport.......why do people think it is okay to..........

1. Play games on a console with the speakers on full blast.....usually war games.

2. *Put their smart-phone on speaker to talk to a friend*.

3. Put their smart phone on loudspeaker and listen to their music or watch a movie.

4. Put their feet up on the seat opposite.

5.  Sit in an aisle seat, but put their bags on the window seat.

6. Speak as loudly as possible to a friend sat right next to them in a packed, but otherwise totally silent, train carriage.

7. Press their knees hard up into the seat in front on an aircraft.

Confessions of a grumpy, miserable, old expat........or understandable complaints?

* Someone did explain to me that women do this to avoid smudging their makeup.

So noise is haunting you still from the time you were building your wife house in the village with that opposite neighbor ? ????

Time to call a group of monks to free you from that curse...555 ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1