If you do any or all of these can you please explain why you think any of them are acceptable?

Will B Good

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

So noise is haunting you still from the time you were building your wife house in the village with that opposite neighbor ?

Time to call a group of monks to free you from that curse...555

Inconsiderate <deleted> morons that like to abuse others with their <deleted> noise are the curse of modern life.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, david555 said:

So noise is haunting you still from the time you were building your wife house in the village with that opposite neighbor ? ????

Time to call a group of monks to free you from that curse...555 ????

PS a portable  jammer could help you a bit...????

None of these are okay, but you have to understand that we live in a culture where people are totally fixated on themselves with no regard for their fellow man. It's all about me, me and me. If they are male, then they have the additional indoctrination of being raised as a spoiled brat, so the whole world is centered around themselves. There are no more moral absolutes, so each person determines for themselves what is right or wrong. We are surrounded on all sides by evil in this country, so naturally, the choices they make are slanted toward the evil that lies within them. There is no accountability, and no one takes responsibility for their wrongdoing. If you do try to correct someone, then they have effectively "lost their face", and it could be the death of you for pointing out their error. What amazes me is how they can expect to "lose" something that they never had to begin with. In a normal society you earn trust and respect, and it takes years to build a good reputation and character. In Thailand, they expect you to give them "face" when they've done nothing to earn it. Good luck with trying to change them. It's only going to get worse!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

Out to dinner last night..  party of 8 came at sat at table next to us , 3 ladies in the group pulled out thei phones and decided to watch 3 diff  Lakorn all at considerable volume .....

I waited for 5 mins then whipped out my phone an treated them to AC/DC Thunderstruck with a stare down

they got the hint pretty quick ! 

Good!

I thought about doing something similar a couple of times. But it seems my parents made sure that my inner voice tells me: Don't do that. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Inconsiderate <deleted> morons that like to abuse others with their <deleted> noise are the curse of modern life.

Like the new myth beer bars that have a horrible band that cranks up at around 9 pm til 2 am or later and is so loud in rattles the windows in nearby condos and hotels keeping people awake night after night?  Now they want to extend til 4 am?  Just great. 

22 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Just been travelling for 10 weeks on public transport.......why do people think it is okay to..........

1. Play games on a console with the speakers on full blast.....usually war games.

2. *Put their smart-phone on speaker to talk to a friend*.

3. Put their smart phone on loudspeaker and listen to their music or watch a movie.

I also have a real problem with these first three.  Lately in restaurants in Bangkok, I find myself surrounded by people at other tables doing some combination of all of these.  The tinny sound that phone/tablet speakers produce is much more annoying than ordinary voices. 

In part, though, I blame phone producers (especially Apple) for no longer having wired earphone jacks in their newer models.  People who can afford cheap wired earphones often cannot afford the much more expensive wireless bluetooth ones so they just use the phone speakers.

There's a way of dealing with phone nuisances. I was on a train going from Vienna to Linz, and about three rows in front of me a girl was talking loudly on her phone. I hoped she would get off at the first stop. She didn't, so I walked up to where she was sitting and just stared at her. She got the message, said sorry (in English, which was strange as she'd been talking German) and hung up. I didn't say a word. The couple across the aisle from her smiled at me.

Of course, if was a train in the UK you'd probably get a 'What's your problem, pal' and the threat of a thumping (from a man or woman). It might work in Thailand though.

On 10/13/2023 at 11:17 AM, Will B Good said:

* Someone did explain to me that women do this to avoid smudging their makeup.

Apparently Trump refused to wear a mask during COVID for the same reason.

On topic, not guilty your honour. I have Bluetooth earbuds.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 11:17 AM, Will B Good said:

Sit in an aisle seat, but put their bags on the window seat.

I do this on buses where seats are purchased and traveling solo...only because I've purchased both seatsDon't want some stranger sitting next to me. I don't dare take that chance as my luck is such that it would never be the PYT, but rather some stinking Trump lover. ????

On 10/13/2023 at 2:17 PM, Will B Good said:

Just been travelling for 10 weeks on public transport.......why do people think it is okay to..........

1. Play games on a console with the speakers on full blast.....usually war games.

2. *Put their smart-phone on speaker to talk to a friend*.

3. Put their smart phone on loudspeaker and listen to their music or watch a movie.

4. Put their feet up on the seat opposite.

5.  Sit in an aisle seat, but put their bags on the window seat.

6. Speak as loudly as possible to a friend sat right next to them in a packed, but otherwise totally silent, train carriage.

7. Press their knees hard up into the seat in front on an aircraft.

Confessions of a grumpy, miserable, old expat........or understandable complaints?

* Someone did explain to me that women do this to avoid smudging their makeup.

Where did you go in 10 weeks?

33 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

I do this on buses where seats are purchased and traveling solo...only because I've purchased both seatsDon't want some stranger sitting next to me. I don't dare take that chance as my luck is such that it would never be the PYT, but rather some stinking Trump lover. ????

Or you are just fat.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, bignok said:

Or you are just fat.

Not an ounce of fat. 181cm, 72kg. Just assuring that someone such as you never plops down next to me. That ain't ever happening, thank you very much. ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not an ounce of fat. 180cm, 72kg. Just assuring that someone such as you never plops down next to me. That ain't ever happening, thank you very much. ????

Well yes I dont hang out with losers on buses to Pattaya

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bignok said:

I see why nobody sits next to you.

I see you very recently started a topic asking why the arguments on this forum never end. Then, on another thread, you immediately start an argument.

Truly pathetic. I assume an argumentative, defensive response to follow.......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keeps said:

I see you very recently started a topic asking why the arguments on this forum never end. Then, on another thread, you immediately start an argument.

Truly pathetic. I assume an argumentative, defensive response to follow.......

No buddy. The guy abused me. I never started the argument.

Normal people arent afraid to talk to people about life or politics.

This guy has issues. I see you do too. I hope you wake up to yourself.

Good luck.

49 minutes ago, bignok said:

No buddy. The guy abused me. I never started the argument.

Normal people arent afraid to talk to people about life or politics.

This guy has issues. I see you do too. I hope you wake up to yourself.

Good luck.

Mr "L"...you outdo yourself every single day as the most bizarre and absurd poster across all topics. Including the stupid ones you initiate. You're #1 bar none. And that is quite the achievement, considering.

Congrats buddy

????:cheesy:????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Mr "L"...you outdo yourself every single day as the most bizarre and absurd poster across all topics. Including the stupid ones you initiate. You're #1 bar none. And that is quite the achievement, considering.

Congrats buddy

????:cheesy:????

Thanks.

12 hours ago, JTXR said:

I also have a real problem with these first three.  Lately in restaurants in Bangkok, I find myself surrounded by people at other tables doing some combination of all of these.  The tinny sound that phone/tablet speakers produce is much more annoying than ordinary voices. 

In part, though, I blame phone producers (especially Apple) for no longer having wired earphone jacks in their newer models.  People who can afford cheap wired earphones often cannot afford the much more expensive wireless bluetooth ones so they just use the phone speakers.

USB-C to 3.5mm adapter for Android or an Apple equivalent costs £10-15, a tiny fraction of the cost of the handset, so it's not much mitigation tbh. 

Edited by MarkyM3

On 10/13/2023 at 12:42 PM, Stocky said:

Only when the person in front reclines there seat to maximum leaving me little option 

I never recline...find it quite uncomfortable, unless lay flat.....not sure why airlines even allow seats to recline in economy.