High Season Stirrings

Danderman123

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Note for purists: yes, I know that "High Season" is usually defined as the 2 week period around Christmas and New Years. But, business in Pattaya starts to perk up in October, and stays busy through Songkran.

I got used to calling that peak season.....

• Confused 1

Perhaps the OP should start barfining his women LT as well.

I don't know that two swallows ( double entendre intended ) can be correlated with a high season summer.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Some signs that High Season is coming:

Incoming Immigration at Suvarnabhumi was jammed yesterday, post midnight. 

I have already had 2 no-shows from ladies scheduled to meet me (due to their being barfined LT by other customers). 

The only exception is the Gaza war, which is precluding Israelis comibg to Thailand. Bummer for bargirls depending on their Israeli "boyfriends". 

I believe the upcoming High Season will be the biggest ever.

Note for purists: yes, I know that "High Season" is usually defined as the 2 week period around Christmas and New Years. But, business in Pattaya starts to perk up in October, and stays busy through Songkran.

Yeah of course. Thank you.

On 10/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, Danderman123 said:

Some signs that High Season is coming:

Incoming Immigration at Suvarnabhumi was jammed yesterday, post midnight. 

I have already had 2 no-shows from ladies scheduled to meet me (due to their being barfined LT by other customers). 

The only exception is the Gaza war, which is precluding Israelis comibg to Thailand. Bummer for bargirls depending on their Israeli "boyfriends". 

I believe the upcoming High Season will be the biggest ever.

While I'm sure it will be busy, in pure number terms the continued absence of the Chinese is unlikely to make it the biggest high season ever, far from it. Just as an indication monthly numbers are running at 70% of the same month in 2019, I can't see that dramatically increasing in 2 or 3 months time.

Edited by kinyara
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/14/2023 at 3:55 PM, JackGats said:

If high season in Thailand didn't coincide with the European cold damp winter, I would avoid being in TH in December-February.

I gave up playing regular golf after I arrived here. Pity, because I thought with low land prices and wages golf would be dirt cheap. The owners must be coining it.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 3:47 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Golf prices up imminently 

Yes, expecting a rise at all courses from next month.

Surprised they haven;t already done so, but as most only reduced from last high season by 100 bt for this current "low" season,  they are already seeing lower numbers.

Expect the already busy courses around Sattahip to be even busier soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LALes said:

Jomtien doesn't need Chinese in winter to pack it out.  Its the same snowbirds year after year after year that does it.

The cabinet have just approved the increase of visa free stay for Russians from 30 days to 90 days starting Nov 1 to April 30, I can see that boosting numbers in the Jomtien/Pratumnak area. Should ease high season pressure on immigration from last year and their 30 day extenders.

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

The cabinet have just approved the increase of visa free stay for Russians from 30 days to 90 days starting Nov 1 to April 30, I can see that boosting numbers in the Jomtien/Pratumnak area. Should ease high season pressure on immigration from last year and their 30 day extenders.

Racist

On 10/14/2023 at 4:02 PM, Pattaya57 said:

How do you know how many incoming were coming to Pattaya instead of Bangkok?

And you think high season is coming because you had 2 ladies knock you back. Laughable that Pattaya high season is linked to your sex life ???? 

For me, I haven't seen any signs of high season stirring. Just lots of old expats drinking in bars with hardly any younger tourists. A mate just arrived from Phuket however and he said it was absolutely rammed with tourists

Tourist or Conscripts on the run  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, jesimps said:

I gave up playing regular golf after I arrived here. Pity, because I thought with low land prices and wages golf would be dirt cheap. The owners must be coining it.

Yep 6X the price here vs back home, most people don't even realise, it's the compulsory caddy fee that does the damage. We switched to playing 9 hole courses twice, pretty good courses for 200-300 baht no caddy yippee

Must be getting on to high season as I saw 2 crimes this morning in the space of 10 minutes

(1) waiting for baht bus soi bukhao and this young thai guy sprinting towards me with a huge guy chasing him yelling to stop. Chaser had to stop when all his stuff started falling out of his pockets. Funny thing was he had 2 tourist wallets still strapped on so don't know what the guy stole (maybe phone?)

(2) got off baht bus at Witherspoons and waitresses going crazy. A guy had wallked out without paying his bill (he put 40 baht in bin and left)

Edited by Pattaya57

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

i don't feel it at all. my guess is it's a dead "high season"

Prices will need to drop if people don't return. raising prices to make up the difference does not work in any culture.

If you read the OP, I am not claiming that High Season is here, only that there are signs of High Season approaching.