Another " suicide"

morrobay

11 hours ago, bignok said:

Old news

It was on here before

Ok but the point is  why another "suicide" couple is not in news. Yesterday.  And also wonder what the is going on here. Time to drop agendas and call spades spades.     https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/swiss-and-moldovan-couple-found-dead-in-thai-rental-home-police-suspect-murder-suicide

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Ok but the point is  why another "suicide" couple is not in news. Yesterday.  And also wonder what the is going on here. Time to drop agendas and call spades spades.     https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/swiss-and-moldovan-couple-found-dead-in-thai-rental-home-police-suspect-murder-suicide

What is your point?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

Do we have to read about all the suicides?  Not sure there's enough bandwidth.     Bad enough all the scooter & MVA gets posted, whether people killed or injured at all.

People off themselves, and not really on the priority list of what people care about.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The suicide rate in Thailand is the highest in the region.

It is not 'news' as you seem to want to call it, because it happens a lot.

From the  aseanpost

Thailand, also known as the Land of Smiles, has the highest suicide rate in Southeast Asia. It is estimated that on average, at least one attempted suicide occurs every 10 minutes.

And that is just Thais. More than 5,000 Thais commit suicide every year in the latest published figures that I could find. (2020)

Thailand also has a large aged expat community. There are no official figures for suicides in this group, but maybe it becomes a consideration when looking at medical costs and more importantly 'quality of life'.

Having watched my 38 year old son die slowly from brain tumours over a two and a half year period, 'quality of life' figures high in my 72 year old body.

I am still active (sort of) and busy running a business, but I have a 'living will' (do not resuscitate order) registered with the local hospital and close friends also have a copy.

For me, suicide is not a very high priority. But it could be plan C or plan D under different circumstances.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The suicide rate in Thailand is the highest in the region.

It is not 'news' as you seem to want to call it, because it happens a lot.

From the  aseanpost

And that is just Thais. More than 5,000 Thais commit suicide every year in the latest published figures that I could find. (2020)

Thailand also has a large aged expat community. There are no official figures for suicides in this group, but maybe it becomes a consideration when looking at medical costs and more importantly 'quality of life'.

Having watched my 38 year old son die slowly from brain tumours over a two and a half year period, 'quality of life' figures high in my 72 year old body.

I am still active (sort of) and busy running a business, but I have a 'living will' (do not resuscitate order) registered with the local hospital and close friends also have a copy.

For me, suicide is not a very high priority. But it could be plan C or plan D under different circumstances.

If there was an easy way lots would do it..millions.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Do we have to read about all the suicides?  Not sure there's enough bandwidth.     Bad enough all the scooter & MVA gets posted, whether people killed or injured at all.

People off themselves, and not really on the priority list of what people care about.

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

The points are both of these couples "suicides"especially with the younger Belgian, if you read the link, are probably not suicides. And since it's bad publicity maybe not in this news . 

Edited by morrobay
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, morrobay said:

The points are both of these couples "suicides"especially with the younger Belgian, if you read the link, are probably not suicides. And since it's bad publicity maybe not in this news . 

Guessing murder based on no evidence.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, morrobay said:

both of these couples "suicides"especially with the younger Belgian, if you read the link, are probably not suicides.

Nothing in the links suggest that they were not suicides, although both articles stated that the police are still investigating to determine the cause of the deaths.

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing in the links suggest that they were not suicides, although both articles stated that the police are still investigating to determine the cause of the deaths.

Seems it is in Issan news. Baffled how anyone could read how they were found and not heavily suspect they were killed. Unless you are one of these people that thinks everything on ko tao is normal.

Edited by morrobay

On 10/17/2023 at 7:13 PM, morrobay said:

Seems it is in Issan news. Baffled how anyone could read how they were found and not heavily suspect they were killed. Unless you are one of these people that thinks everything on ko tao is normal.

People die every hour. Whats your point? Murders happen, suicides happen. Just mind your own business.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

There is a long pattern of foreigners starting a business in Thailand and then being found dead.  That Thai silk guy was the first one.

Really ..

"Declared dead in absentia by a Thai court in 1974 (aged 67–68)" - wiki

"The case generated worldwide publicity and intense speculation, with most press reports and analysts contending that Thompson had been kidnapped (although no ransom note was forthcoming); had been murdered (although no body was ever found); had voluntarily left to do secret work in resolving the Vietnam War (although no evidence was presented); or was eliminated by business rivals (although no evidence on this emerged)."

Edited by KhunLA