Thai Workers Stuck In Israel’s ‘Red Zone’ Appeal For Help

webfact

image.jpeg

EVEN AS repatriation of Thai workers from Israel is continuing with two flights scheduled for today (Oct. 17), some Thai workers stuck in the so-called “red zone” where fighting between Israeli troops and Hamas militants is raging appealed for help, TV Channel 7 said this morning.

As soon as the Thai embassy in Tel Aviv posted a message on its Facebook page that workers who want to return home should confirm this by travelling to the arranged shelter – a hotel- messages seeking help flooded in.

The embassy also said it would arrange for them to fly back as soon as possible and that they should travel to the shelter in groups and keep their transportation receipts for refund in Thailand.

by TNR Staff

TOP picture: Some of the 130 Thais who returned home on an air force Airbus A340-500  flight that landed at Don Mueang Airport at 6.50 a.m. yesterday, Oct. 16, 2023. Photos: Matichon

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-10-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

The first paragraph refers to "Hamas militants". Can we stop this!? I see it on Reddit, I see it on mainstream news services, the UN probably loves that expression. They are terrorists! They don't wear uniforms, they don't follow any recognized rules of war, their stated goal is the death of all Jews in the middle east, they lack any shred of human empathy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just curious, if anyone knows....

What kind of jobs are all these Thai guys like those shown in the OP photo typically doing in Israel? Agricultural workers?

Before this recent outbreak of violence, I had no idea there were so many Thais working in Israel... many thousands is the number reported elsewhere?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just curious, if anyone knows....

What kind of jobs are all these Thai guys like those shown in the OP photo typically doing in Israel? Agricultural workers?

Before this recent outbreak of violence, I had no idea there were so many Thais working in Israel... what, 40,000 is the number reported elsewhere?

Yeah, the vast majority in agricultural jobs, I think. Nepali the same. Nursing, cleaning is more a Philippines thing. Chinese in construction, Turks as well.

Palestinians with work permits are usually in construction, agriculture, and factory work.

Edited by Morch
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yeah, the guys in the photo above don't exactly look like IT types.

Was at the camera/photo shop in town last week, turns out the wife's cousin actually does just that, in Israel.

Then again, their son is a pilot, and his sister just graduated from med school. 

• Like 1