Have you ever had trouble in Pattaya?

georgegeorgia

22 minutes ago, newnative said:

No, nor in Bangkok, or anywhere else I have been in Thailand.

Absolutely! Another safe Thailand city !

Compare it to other Asian countries eg Philippines and walking thru the slums of Bangkok is a piece of cake !!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

And just saw another post on here where the poster a farang said he was robbed or attempted to be robbed by 2 Thai guys in Pattaya of his phone and when he reported it the police apparently laughed 

I don't disbelieve it but I have never had this experience in Pattaya and maybe the Thai guys just wanted to borrow his phone?

• Sad 1

No. Never anywhere in the world - even not in the slums of Manila.

But they stole 2 times money from me. In both cases it was my fault. But this was more than 20 years ago - and even the standard procedures that I have learned now: In Bangkok at the notorious spot at Asoke while back from Cowboy to my hotel ("the ladyboy embrace attack") and once on a market in Pattaya (wallet in the side pocket of the pants).

Typical newbie mistakes at the time. But now I know how they do it. Wont happen again. I reported the Ladyboy embrace even at a policestation and the friendly officer in charge wrote a lengthy report (about one full DIN A4 in handwriting) which I translated. My househod insurance which included theft outside of the house did pay back the full amount.

This were other times.

Edited by moogradod
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

by a foreigner or Thai in Pattaya ?

By that I guess you mean ANYONE. My answer is NO, but I was chased by a soi dog once in 2009.

And I find this post to be a totally useless waste of time.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

By that I guess you mean ANYONE. My answer is NO, but I was chased by a soi dog once in 2009.

And I find this post to be a totally useless waste of time.

You must have plenty of time on your hands then to sit there replying to it 😂

Edited by georgegeorgia

17 minutes ago, newnative said:

And why, pray tell, are you addressing your response specifically to me, and not to the OP, who asked the question in the first place and was seeking responses, or to others who also answered no?   I don't own a motorcycle, I could care less where you park your car,  I don't take steroids, I am not huge, I am not tattooed, heavily or otherwise, I don't run a resort with the name PARADISE in it, and, finally, I am not named Matt.  

Can you prove this?.….....Matt 😳

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

I've stayed in Pattaya / Jomtien many times over.

Never had a problem.

I never did much at night though so...

I mean it becomes usually dangerous when alcohol is involved.

Walking street apparently in my guess would be the area where assaults would occur most but even then it's caused by drunken farangs 

Look let's face it ,most if not all these "altercations" between farang and Thai people are caused by the farang not showing respect and swallowing their pride 

I had a few Thai guys earlier this year push in front of me at 711 , they just walked Infront of me , I immediately apologised to them and let them in ,it's not worth getting into trouble over it ,I had to wait a few more minutes in line but so what ,it's their country, 

Even Wai them 🙏if you have to ,it's called swallowing your pride 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

OP with yet another meaningless hypothetical thread question in Pattaya forum. 

What's next, have you ever:

- passed out in a bar?

- woke up with girl you don't remember?

- had your junk felt up by a ladyboy?

- been hit by car crossing the road?

- etc, etc

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1