Protesters come out to show support for Gaza - and almost universally blame Israel for hospital blast and the US for backing it

Social Media

image.png

The contrast with the heavily choreographed trip by the US president to shake hands and stand in solidarity with key ally Israel could not have been sharper.

On the streets leading up to the US embassy in Beirut, which had been shuttered behind rows of razor wire, protesters seethed with anger.

Carrying flags and stones - which were hurled at the embassy - they tried to storm the building, but were repelled by volleys of tear gas and rubber bullets.

The militant Shia group, Hezbollah, had called for a day of "unprecedented anger" after the hospital bombing.

His face covered by a kaffiyeh - an Arab scarf - Wissam told me he'd come to support the people of Gaza and make the world understand what was happening there.

"Because of the massacres carried out by the Zionist enemies with the full support of the United States, the demonstrations may escalate due to the massacres carried out by Israel, the latest of which is the bombing of children and women in the Maamadani Hospital.

"America's support to Israel is clear after US President Joe Biden adopted the Israeli scenario that Hamas was the one that bombed the hospital."

And it is a refrain that is almost universal in the Arab and Islamic world.

There is disbelief at the Israeli explanations - no one accepts the carnage at the hospital was anything other than an IDF air strike.

And the longer the bombing of Gaza goes on, the greater the chance of this furious reaction escalating into something much worse.

In the Jordanian capital Amman, people turned out in their thousands to support the Palestinian cause and vent their anger at Israel and America.

FULL STORY

SKY NEWS.png

15 hours ago, Purdey said:

Read an article today about how it is still not certain who bombed the hospital, as both sides quickly tried to blame the other side. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/18/what-is-israels-narrative-on-the-gaza-hospital-explosion?traffic_source=rss

Doesn't matter who caused the explosion at the hospital now. The number of those hating israel increases by the hour as images of israeli caused Gazan dead are played on television screens around the world, and there is no doubt that the israelis did cause most of them.

The indiscriminate israeli bombing campaign may kill many Gazans, but is creating millions of pro Palestinians around the world, and IMO israel , america and britain will come to regret it.

Just heard netanyahu say it's going to be a "long" war. I can only surmise he means that he wants as many dead Palestinians as possible.

Attacks on US embassies happening now, Perhaps the british PM 's visit to israel will make british embassies targets as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't matter who caused the explosion at the hospital now. The number of those hating israel increases by the hour as images of israeli caused Gazan dead are played on television screens around the world, and there is no doubt that the israelis did cause most of them.

The indiscriminate israeli bombing campaign may kill many Gazans, but is creating millions of pro Palestinians around the world, and IMO israel , america and britain will come to regret it.

Just heard netanyahu say it's going to be a "long" war. I can only surmise he means that he wants as many dead Palestinians as possible.

Attacks on US embassies happening now, Perhaps the british PM 's visit to israel will make british embassies targets as well.

More nonsense.

Seems the claim is that facts don't matter when uncomfortable. Mass ignorance and biased views should be embraced and bowed down to.

Indiscriminate is not what you think it is. In this context, and legally, it is doubtful most of Israel's attacks would fall outside of what's allowed by international law. Rockets launched on Israel though, would. Unfair? Perhaps.

Netanyahu said that. Other politicians said that. Many commentators said that. It's a fact. That you make it about wanting more casualties is not. If Israel wanted more casualties, there would already been many more dead Palestinians.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The war is being fought on the ground and on the media.

The war is indeed being fought on the media and IMO the Palestinians are winning the propaganda war.

Many people already despised israelis because of the oppression, illegal collective punishment and illegal land theft by israelis.

At least you accept there's such a thing as Palestinian propaganda.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A counter balance to the pro israel western media.

I'd argue you can't counter balance the lies of one side with lies from the other side. Lie plus lie does not equal truth. All you can do is assume that the truth will be somewhere in the middle between them but that doesn't give us a good understanding of what the real situation is. I'm not sure if there is even a way to get a clear neutral understanding during wars. But people need constant reminders of the biases in the media as they believe what they see or read as presented, so much is clear.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I'd argue you can't counter balance the lies of one side with lies from the other side. Lie plus lie does not equal truth. All you can do is assume that the truth will be somewhere in the middle between them but that doesn't give us a good understanding of what the real situation is. I'm not sure if there is even a way to get a clear neutral understanding during wars. But people need constant reminders of the biases in the media as they believe what they see or read as presented, so much is clear.

I believe that when war starts truth vanishes. IMO it's all propaganda, on both sides. Only thing I believe is the VDO of the destruction of Gaza, given no one is denying that it has happened. When that much destruction happens loss of innocent life is inevitable.

I also believe the number of deaths in Gaza as reported by neutral sources such as the UN.