One month into 90 days of my first Non O retirement Visa - If I leave before 12 month extension (home to Europe for very ill family member) can I pause?

Hi I am one month into the 90 days of my first Non O (retirement) Visa. My need for a 12 month extension will come up on about 4th December, but I need to go home to Europe for a few months (family member quite ill). Can the 90 day 'clock' be paused while I am away (requesting permission to leave etc) or will it run out while I am away. If I apply for my extension in mid November, will I need to remain here until 4th Dec to get it in my passport. Any ideas, suggestions, info greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Omta

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

You're thinking multi entry non-imm O which does that.

OP you can get a re-entry permit for your non-imm O but that will only be up to your current 90 day stay date. If you come back after that date you will have the start the whole process again.

Glad I put the "I think" bit in....5555

1 hour ago, omta said:

Can the 90 day 'clock' be paused while I am away (requesting permission to leave etc) or will it run out while I am away.

You cannot "pause" your permission of stay stamp.

Given that you state you mention FEW MONTHS in Europe you will need to start over.

If your country provides eVisa for Thailand you could obtain a non O retirement while in Europe or return to Thailand visa exempt and apply for new Non O based on retirement using TM87 form.

You must have a bank account in place with funds in that account so simple process to start over..

You can apply for your 1 year extension of stay 30 days early (some immigration offices allow 45 days and I believe Chiang Mai  it is 21 days).  So you can apply any time from early November and depending again on the immigration office you will apply at, you will get the extension either that same day or the next day or so.  You should then apply for a re-entry permit that will allow you to travel and preserve your extension of stay date.

22 minutes ago, Scott424 said:

You can apply for your 1 year extension of stay 30 days early (some immigration offices allow 45 days and I believe Chiang Mai  it is 21 days)

Thinking the OP exits prior to window for obtaining 12 month extension.

If it was not his first extension he could provide evidence of applying early.

He needs to season his funds in bank so guessing applying early is not an option.

Re the 21 days that you mention for CM.....that is about applying for Non O.

He already has that 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking the OP exits prior to window for obtaining 12 month extension.

If it was not his first extension he could provide evidence of applying early.

He needs to season his funds in bank so guessing applying early is not an option.

Re the 21 days that you mention for CM.....that is about applying for Non O.

He already has that 

In the OP's next to last sentence he asked abut doing his extension in November, so it seems he does not need to leave immediately and can apply within the normal time window.  Thanks for the clarification on the 21 days in CM.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scott424 said:

In the OP's next to last sentence he asked abut doing his extension in November, so it seems he does not need to leave immediately and can apply within the normal time window.  Thanks for the clarification on the 21 days in CM.

Good point.

I see this now. The OP states the following.....

"If I apply for my extension in mid November, will I need to remain here until 4th Dec to get it in my passport" 

Clearly not aware of the process.

He will receive extension on day of application and can also obtain reentry permit on same visit or at airport. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1