Bangkok Bank app PITA setup when using a new phone

13 minutes ago, ianguygil said:

Actually I have no idea, let me ask my team. When I did it recently I did not really take note of all the steps but it was really quick. I will ask and get back to you. I used to have 4 or 5 phones registered before this BOT regulation. 

Thanks.   

39 minutes ago, ianguygil said:

OK. Here is the answer I got from the guy who is the overall Tech Lead for MB. I run Digital overall, not just Mobile, and have hundreds of staff (who are 99% Thai). This guy lives and breathes Mobile Banking.

"You can use a second phone to register/activate mBanking app. During the activation process, users will be asked to remove the previous phone (to confirm whether they want to use a new phone instead)."

So you can do it as a part of the setup of the new phone. I thought it must be this otherwise you could end up with no functioning device for some period in time, but I will only ever tell you what I know, not what I think.

Thank you for your interest in Bangkok Bank

Thanks.  As mentioned earlier I'm going to get a new smartphone in the near future.  And when it comes to activating the mbanking app on the new phone it use to be ready straight forward in Thailand...even have the mbanking app could activated on multiple devices.  

But now that Thai bank mbanking can only be on one phone I was simply unsure if I needed to go into that menu area in the Bangkok Bank mbanking app and "first" delete my current device which will kill my mbanking until I can activate mbanking again on the new phone.  And with my luck I figured one of Murphy's Laws would zap me to where when trying to activate the mbanking app on the new phone (right after I had deleted the old phone) the app  would not activate for some other reason which means I now do not have any mbanking since I had also deactivated mbaning on my old phone.

But since the Bangkok Bank mbanking app automatically deactivates the old phone "while activating on the new phone" that should ensure I end up with mbanking at least on the old or new phone.  But if during the activation process on the new phone Bangkok Bank "first" deletes the old device before continuing a few milliseconds late with the remaining activation process versus after a new device is successfully activated I guess a person could still end-up with no mbanking if the activation on the new phone fails. 

Thanks again for the update.

what I understand from Bangkok Bank, it stopped working on my Android 9 and Android 10 smartphones = had to go into a Branch = still will not work.

REASON they say.. For security, Bangkok Bank Banking can be used with a mobile phone or tablet with supported operating system version 11. or above .. 

I do not need a newer Android phone  !! ?? .

So far NO problem with my SCB app.      just a pain have to go to ATM and transfer money into SCB  to pay water + electric and Internet every month

21 minutes ago, ignis said:

what I understand from Bangkok Bank, it stopped working on my Android 9 and Android 10 smartphones = had to go into a Branch = still will not work.

REASON they say.. For security, Bangkok Bank Banking can be used with a mobile phone or tablet with supported operating system version 11. or above .. 

So far NO problem with my SCB app.      just a pain have to go to ATM and transfer money into SCB  to pay water + electric and Internet every month

Know what you mean. Hate dispensing with something that is otherwise perfectly functional. My 2017 Android 'phone won't go above operating system version 7. No good for the newer 'Neo Banks'. Presently using iPhone 8 plus (also dates from 2017) as my main 'phone which, at the moment, seems to accept installation of all the apps that I need.

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Know what you mean. Hate dispensing with something that is otherwise perfectly functional. My 2017 Android 'phone won't go above operating system version 7. No good for the newer 'Neo Banks'. Presently using iPhone 8 plus (also dates from 2017) as my main 'phone which, at the moment, seems to accept installation of all the apps that I need.

i use my old phone as a kinda tablet in the condo, use it for setting up a hotspot, tv apps and any dodgy websites

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Without any specifics I can't really answer, ANDROID is a hard one because it is Open Source. Most (80%) of our customers use ANDROID and the vast majority have no problem. If you look at SCB or KBANK on Play you will see many issues with it not running on certain devices too. 

I would call 1333 to get some more expert help or I would send me your details I can get someone to help you. Please do so ONLY via PM not on this public forum. 

SCB uses FLUTTER for ROBINHOOD which is designed to use a Canvas to prevent such problems, but even that App has problems if you look on PLAY. So as I said, ANDROID is a challenge

We support from ANDROID 7 up I believe. 

4 hours ago, ignis said:

My phone and the wife's runs Android 9....we both have the Bangkok Bank mbanking app running just fine on it. 

And looking at the info on Google Play store the app says the required OS is Android 7.0 and up.   

image.png.8efa3ae8024b64cd7568482b533e81dc.png

On 1/9/2024 at 11:36 AM, ignis said:

It is iOS 11 for APPLE and ANDROID 7 and up for other phones

40 minutes ago, ianguygil said:

It is iOS 11 for APPLE and ANDROID 7 and up for other phones

Odd, maybe need to go into another Branch, my local Branch said cannot...  I took both phones into the Branch....  Samsung Android 9 and Vivo Android 10

Bit confused been with Bangkok Bank 24 years !!  it did work on both phones but suddenly stopped about October last year

Looked on Bangkok Website updated 20 Dec 2023.......  

• Android 7.0 or higher required

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Odd, maybe need to go into another Branch, my local Branch said cannot...  I took both phones into the Branch....  Samsung Android 9 and Vivo Android 10

Bit confused been with Bangkok Bank 24 years !!  it did work on both phones but suddenly stopped about October last year

Looked on Bangkok Website updated 20 Dec 2023.......  

• Android 7.0 or higher required

To enhance transaction security and application efficiency as well as support new features, upcoming Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking versions will only be supported on iOS version 13.0 & above and Android version 7.0 & above from September 21, 2023 onwards.

Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking

18 hours ago, ianguygil said:

To enhance transaction security and application efficiency as well as support new features, upcoming Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking versions will only be supported on iOS version 13.0 & above and Android version 7.0 & above from September 21, 2023 onwards.

Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking

Yes looks like Staff at my Branch have no idea....  so need to go into another Branch, my local Branch said cannot must be Android 11 or above....

Would understand if they sold smartphones = want a sale, but they do not, so one day will take both phones Android 9 the other Android 10 into a bigger branch [think there is one at Westgate ? or Big C Extra there was last time I went must be about 2 years ago] maybe better than the 2 staff at my Branch.

Edited by ignis

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Be1st card from Bangkok Bank. A Bangkok Bank bualuang banking app that works on my old phone (but not on new phone). I got the card some 10 years ago and got it renewed last year. I have no problems using the app, but I like also to use Bualuang ibanking aka. web login. The problem is that I don't remember to ever have got a User ID. Can someone here help me and enlighten me what I maybe have missed? What could a User ID be? I tried with my passport number, which didn't work. I'm abroad at the moment and not going to Thailand for the next 6 month. Any help is appreciated.

4 hours ago, umbrellahead said:

I have a Be1st card from Bangkok Bank. A Bangkok Bank bualuang banking app that works on my old phone (but not on new phone). I got the card some 10 years ago and got it renewed last year. I have no problems using the app, but I like also to use Bualuang ibanking aka. web login. The problem is that I don't remember to ever have got a User ID. Can someone here help me and enlighten me what I maybe have missed? What could a User ID be? I tried with my passport number, which didn't work. I'm abroad at the moment and not going to Thailand for the next 6 month. Any help is appreciated.

the answer is in the thread, the ID is an issue especially if abroad

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

the answer is in the thread, the ID is an issue especially if abroad

Thanks. Found it. I guess I just never signed up for the iBanking account. That's first on my to-do list when I return.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:07 PM, jaywalker2 said:

At least Bangkok Bank customers still have Internet banking, unlike the rest of us

And long may that happy state of affairs remain as far as I am concerned. The Bangkok Bank mobile app always proved hit and miss in firing up on my smartphone and over time proved increasingly more miss than hit. So I then jacked it in disgust - and this thread exemplifies very well why I have no intention of returning to it any time soon. Long live internet banking, say I!

• Agree 1

I have a new phone AND I need to get a new Thai phone number when I arrive later this year.

So how to get the 2-factor authentication code on the new Thai phone number? after entering the User ID/PW to activate mBanking app

Will I have to visit the **original bank branch** where the account was open to get that sorted? (oh God no, please...)

48 minutes ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

I have a new phone AND I need to get a new Thai phone number when I arrive later this year.

So how to get the 2-factor authentication code on the new Thai phone number? after entering the User ID/PW to activate mBanking app

Will I have to visit the **original bank branch** where the account was open to get that sorted? (oh God no, please...)

Need to update your details at the bank. Try first at a branch near you.

From BB website https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/hint/hintib/IBMySettings

My Contact Details

1. What is "My Contact Details"?
    Information collected from you at the time of your registration for Bualuang iBanking is presented in the "My Contact Details" page.

2. How can I change "My Contact Details"?
    To change your Bualuang iBanking personal information including details like your title, name, surname, mobile phone number, and email address, please download and print an Amendment form (PDF) at http://www.bangkokbank.com/download/iBanking_amendmentform.pdf and then fill out and hand into a staff member at your nearest Bangkok Bank branch.  Please remember to bring your ID card/passport and a Savings Account passbook or Current Account Cheque Book/Cheque Order previously registered with Bualuang iBanking.  Please allow 3-5 business days for the number to be updated.

Please allow 3-5 business days for the contact information to be changed. Some information, home phone number, work phone number and fax number can be changed via Bualuang iBanking. You can do this by following the procedure below:

1) Go to the "My contact details" sub-menu on the "My Settings" page and click "updating" to change your personal details.

2) If you want to change your home phone number, enter "New Home Phone Number".

3) If you want to change your work phone number, enter "New Work Phone Number".

4) If you want to change your fax number, enter "New Fax Number".

5) Click "Update" to proceed or click "Cancel" to clear the whole page.

6) After you have verified that all information is correct, click "Confirm". If it is incorrect click "Back" to revise your information.

7) Your Contact Information at Bualuang iBanking will be changed within 3 business days.

SMS OTP Authentication

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 2:50 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Bangkok Bank you need a new ID so have to go to a branch, 30 mins later done, but not possible if abroad?

maybe I need to get a new phone to get my second BB account added to mobile banking, my branch has told me (and backed up by other posters here) that foreigners can only have one account.