Thailand-Russia relations remain strong, but at what cost?

webfact

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

What part are you not understanding Srettha Putin is a wanted war criminal for untold amounts of terrorism around the world you should be chining him not sucking him you have gone Ruble blind and its disgusting 🤔 

What a shame those in the US govt can't be held to the same standards in the ICC.

from HRW

'US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on March 17 threatened two staff members of the International Criminal Court (ICC). He called them out by name, claimed they were putting Americans at risk, and intimated that the US could act against them, as well as other ICC personnel and their families'

Can anyone really take the ICC seriously.

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

How about Committing Genocide on another country's population? ratariouse. A war crime in it self. Destruction of Civilian infrastructure is another war crime want me to carry on but the Thais don't seem bothered about that. Instead, they are welcoming a leader who has an international arrest warrant on his head.

But the ICC seems to be quite OK with what Israel is doing in Gaza, no charges or arrest warrants out on anybody.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Up to Thailand and their elected leaders. Nothing to do with non citizens and foreign expats poking their noses everywhere.

it's a topic to be discussed and a web forum to discuss anything going on its not sticking in one's nose in. You do realize these are foreign Expats expressing their opinions on here.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Des1 said:

My thoughts on this are not about trade, but rather the dark road we are going down with the rise of authoritarian regimes. We are a species of warring tribes, history cannot be denied and we are long overdue for another global conflict and we are moving in that direction. Thailand may try to take the position of neutrality. They held on to that idea while capitulating to the Japanese in our previous world war, or they may decide to hitch their wagon to Russia and China. No one is fooled by that. As I said, it’s about choosing sides when deciding what sort of world we want to live in. China has no friends in Asia, aside from Russia and North Korea. That speaks volumes. Actions have consequences. Just my opinion.

I disagree. Thailand has been a military dictatorship for most of the last 10 years yet the rest of the world turned a blind eye, other than a few feeble comments here and there. Thailand is unimportant on the world stage, so staying neutral in this conflict will be of no consequence at all. They'll fly under the radar like they always have.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, retarius said:

On wanted trumped up charges about removing unaccompanied children from a war zone. Grow up will you? Read something about these issues instead of swallowing BBC or CNN propaganda hook line and sinker.

Grow up? you very funny and smoking to much green.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2023 at 2:42 PM, gearbox said:

Big success for who? The Vietnamese don't have multinationals and big brands. It will be used by the Chinese and others to set up manufacturing there and funnel goods to EU tariff free,  same way as Australia gets a lot of "Thai" cars.

You have no clue about FDI from EU to V.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I answered a post about FTA, not FDI.  Do you know the difference between these two?

Your nonsense becomes bigger and bigger. EU-V, China is in Asia located:).

We leave it like this because the FTA was followed with a tremendous EU investment in Vietnam.

Documented in Eurocham Vietnam:).

😉

Edited by Tom H
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tom H said:

Your nonsense becomes bigger and bigger. EU-V, China is in Asia located:).

We leave it like this because the FTA was followed with a tremendous EU investment in Vietnam.

Documented in Eurocham Vietnam:).

😉

FDI and FDA are not closely related, Vietnam attracts investments due to its educated workforce and work ethics, not whether a country has a FTA with it.

Anyway, straight from the official Vietnam sources about the FDI in first half in 2023:

https://www1.mpi.gov.vn/en/Pages/tinbai.aspx?idTin=58156&idcm=122

Singapore first, Japan second, China third, South Korea forth, EU doesn't even get mentioned.

Tremendous seems to be only your imagination.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just steer clear of Zelensky, a con man if ever I saw one and I saw a lot when I was inside. He'll try to chat you up for arms and money, then he sells the arms to Hamas and pockets the money for villas around the world (a new charity he's setting up). Thailand cannot afford to be friendly with this chap even for the magic of a photo-op. Incidentally looks like the Yanks hare dumping him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I see ASEAN and many of its followers are following the US propaganda line with this "Russian invasion" story of Ukraine. After a US facilitated coup in Ukraine installing a "NAZI" government that went to war within its own country killing it's own Russian speaking people, who didn't want anything to do with the unelected government that seized power. Then this government wanted to join NATO, and its on the border with Russia. Putin didn't want this, and put up with the "ethnic cleansing" going on in its neighbouring country so put forward a peace proposal thas was rejected. Anyone remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? Similar analogy. Thank goodness for Putin!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am a senior Belgian. I'm pro-Putin, pro-Russia. 100%.

The hatred Europeans and Canadians have developed for Russia is a great US propaganda success.

My Lord, be a former SS volunteer having fought on the side of the Nazis against Russia in WWII and the entire Canadian Parliament will applaud you!

Goebbels is smiling, wherever he is now. 

The Canadian Armed Forces: Casualties

42,042 men and women of Canada's armed forces died during the war

BTW, I fought in Vietnam in the US ARMY.

Extended tour. Honorable discharge. Bronze Star.

I like the USA.

But this war in Ukraine is a US proxy war that's destroying Europe.

Deindustrialization. Weakening of the Euro.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/23/2023 at 1:57 AM, bannork said:

Settha, the kowtowing salesman

The long quote from the Polish body language analyst in the Khaosod article is devastating. Srettha, he says, actually tries to make himself smaller and put himself phsyically underneath Putin in a craven subserviant position.

• Haha 1