What do we think of this from MG ?

Just now, retarius said:

No when MG were British they were a by-word for low quality crap, same as anything from British Leyland. I had a 1968 MGB for about 25 years in the US, 144,000 original miles, great fun to drive in the summer with the top down, but what an awfully hard drive and foul suspension. You were totally exhausted after driving it for 10 minutes around the post-winter, pot-holed US roads but nice on decent roads.

Eeeeer, you never drove a Jag XK 120 or 50 then..........🤗

Plus, you are referring to a sports car from over half a century back.........😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Eeeeer, you never drove a Jag XK 120 or 50 then..........🤗

Plus, you are referring to a sports car from over half a century back.........😂

I had a 1988 Jag XJS 12 cylinder in the US. Fabulous engine, very poor electronics, but the power in that engine had to be driven to be felt.....enormous and the styling was beautiful. A real head turner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

I had a 1988 Jag XJS 12 cylinder in the US. Fabulous engine, very poor electronics, but the power in that engine had to be driven to be felt.....enormous and the styling was beautiful. A real head turner.

I have had lots of Jags, one of which was the XJS V12, I had lots of XJ6's, XJ12's in saloon & coupe form and a Daimler Double Six Van den Plas.  In my early 20's I used to deal in them.

The 12 cylinder engine has a problem with oil pressure.  You have to check the pressure when the engine is hot, if it's low it's a very expensive engine rebuild.

I think they were superb cars and I loved driving them, healthy margin in dealing in them too.

I would love another with an EV conversion.

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

Yes, things did move on a bit at that time.....😋

20 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Under Chinese instructions..... bwahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah built wiv chinese stuff, just like every other modern day car !

Er - AFAIK the Japanese and Korean build their cars with domestically produced steel.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Here was the instruction that was given to Carl by the Chinese:

"You come up with a brilliant design over there in London, we’ll build a fantastic car here in China and, voilà, we will end up with the best car ever to bear the MG name."

They will say MG stands for "Mein Gut"...........😋

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1