Ear Buds.

NoshowJones

47 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

i bought this from Lazada, cannot get it to work, no instructions. the + - button will not move. The other button just alternates between red and blue when you switch it on, and yes, I have tried to charge it, but it makes no difference.

I will charge mine up and take a look. I haven't used it for a while.

I also bought these:-

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4469412699-s18035470073.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&tradePath=omItm&tradeOrderId=754922848992234&tradeOrderLineId=754922849092234&spm=spm%3Da2o42.order_details.item_title.1

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, paddypower said:

looks quite an attractive option. can you provide a link? and yes, I do hear reports about fake electronic products on Lazada. Its reliable seller of ''soft'' products, like shoes, vitamins for my dogs. Ive just bought a Kingston product and the advice i got from a learned friend is, in order to avoid fake electronic products, is to buy on Lazada (i) from the genuine/official store, not the ''mall' and (ii) if it says ''warranty by vendor'' - run. 

I think I grabbed the pic from AliExpress. Search for sports earbuds and you'll see 1000s.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

i bought this from Lazada, cannot get it to work, no instructions. the + - button will not move. The other button just alternates between red and blue when you switch it on, and yes, I have tried to charge it, but it makes no difference.

Mine is working fine.

After charging I get a green light and I move the on/off switch, at the bottom, up .

Then it says "pairing" and pairs with my nearby phone.

Could contain:

On 10/22/2023 at 12:08 PM, NoshowJones said:

have posted about this before, am I the only poster who cannot keep earbuds in my ear?

No you're not, which is why I haven't bought any 'free hanging' wireless buds. Thanks' for following up about the 'other' pair you bought from Lazada. My best earbuds, which came with wires, where Sony and they had 'hooks' that fit over my ear (sort of like the pair suggested, but with wires). Sadly they quit being stereo a while back, so I bought a cheap 'wired' replacement. There is no sense in me buying wireless when they won't stay in. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I had a similar problem with a set of earbuds, and it turned out that they were latching onto (via Bluetooth) a tablet when I wanted them to latch onto my cell phone.  Almost binned them, but finally figured it out and turned off the Bluetooth on the tablet before I pulled them out of the battery case.  I don't recall even syncing them with the tablet, but apparently I did.  Maybe accidentally, maybe just to try them out.  I also have the same issue when I want to use the Bluetooth earbuds with my laptop to avoid disturbing others.  In those cases, I have to turn off the Bluetooth on all my nearby devices in the room and then they'll latch onto the laptop.

Years ago, I got so frustrated with a cheap set of earbuds that I did bin them.  Now, I'm sure they were fine- just latching onto the wrong device.  Fortunately, I usually buy the 300 baht Bluetooth earbuds so it didn't hurt too bad to figure out I was the idiot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Mine is working fine.

After charging I get a green light and I move the on/off switch, at the bottom, up .

Then it says "pairing" and pairs with my nearby phone.

Could contain:

The top switch + - does not move at all, the bottom switch changes between red and blue when switched on. and stays like that for a little while when charging.

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

The top switch + - does not move at all, the bottom switch changes between red and blue when switched on. and stays like that for a little while when charging.

I have a red light until charged, then blue. As I said, if I nudge the bottom button up  it says "pairing" and pairs with my nearby phone.

I have never used the +/- buttons, I assume they are volume control.

Just now, hotandsticky said:

I have a red light until charged, then blue. As I said, if I nudge the bottom button up  it says "pairing" and pairs with my nearby phone.

I have never used the +/- buttons, I assume they are volume control.

That's what I thought too. Looks like I have been sold a dud by one of Lazada's dud sellers.

40 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

That's what I thought too. Looks like I have been sold a dud by one of Lazada's dud sellers.

Nothing to do with Lazada - they are just the sales platform.

As for the seller, he has a 95% rating.

There is a returns process if you don't want to write off the 117 Baht. 🙂

Out of interest what did you pair the device with?

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Nothing to do with Lazada - they are just the sales platform.

As for the seller, he has a 95% rating.

There is a returns process if you don't want to write off the 117 Baht. 🙂

Out of interest what did you pair the device with?

My All in One desktop. I have had to right off a lot more than 117 Bt with Lazada. Thanks a lot for your help.

16 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Thank you!!

I forgot to mention... Avoid the Lenovo branded (fakes). I bought a couple of different ones last year and they both crapped out. Worst case one side became much quieter than the other, and it wasn't consistent so I couldn't fix it by adjusting the balance. Thankfully it wasn't very expensive.