Chiang Mai condos

Fortunateson

I used to be an owner at the 24 floor Floral Condominiums, I love the location and the size of the units (100 or 150 square meters). But the building is not new and the design not modern in the same way that Peaks is. Still worth a look, pool, gym, brilliant location, mix of farang, Japanese, American and Thai...great management.

https://www.floralchiangmaicondo.com/

11 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I used to be an owner at the 24 floor Floral Condominiums, I love the location and the size of the units (100 or 150 square meters). But the building is not new and the design not modern in the same way that Peaks is. Still worth a look, pool, gym, brilliant location, mix of farang, Japanese, American and Thai...great management.

Thank you.  Just looked at the website and will pay a visit.  I find the older buildings are a better deal in Thailand as long as they are well maintained 

38 minutes ago, Fortunateson said:

Thank you.  Just looked at the website and will pay a visit.  I find the older buildings are a better deal in Thailand as long as they are well maintained 

Maintenance there is very good, the on-site manageress and her staff are excellent.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Fortunateson said:

If you are looking at Floral may as well check Rimping 10 minutes walk away. Condos 90-220sq mts.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

No prices on their website. Any idea?

59 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Is that a month or a year?

OP was talking about renting, methinks.....

OP was  but it wasn't the OP that asked how much, rental prices will vary as will sales prices. Many units are occupied by owners, only some are available for rent.

Rental price is usually determined by sales value. 4-6% of 8.5 mill. is around 28k-42k month, depending on condo size, furnishings and floor, higher floors are more expensive. It's been a few years since I owned there but that range seems about right.

• Like 1

OP, your question is very vague. There is a very large number of condos in CM, given the city size. You want to "move to CM", does that mean indefinitely? Do you work? What are your preferences with your free time, what activities? Do you want green around you or are you happy with a concrete landscape? Do you mind traffic, dogs, airplanes? What apartment size would you want? You mention you don't have a car. Keep in mind there is no public transportation in CM worth of this name. Will you be using Grab or similar all the time? Perhaps a 2-wheel? Personally, I would avoid the area around Chang Klan (Peaks Avenue) but that's me, others might love it.

Unless you are very familiar with the city already, in which case you shouldn't ask the question, I would advice you rent short term initially, and make up your own mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

We used 66 Realty. Owner pays the fee. Service was above and beyond. Diana was our agent. Take a look at their website.

Def prefer the older buildings for larger rooms and details like marble flooring. I live in The Boonymas Mansion. Def some vacancies at the moment. No gym or pool ect. but a super location in low-traffic, very walkable Nimman.

You def want to live on the Nimman1 Mall side of Nimman Road, since crossing that very busy road is stressful.

• Thumbs Up 1