AN forum recently removed reputation scores next to members user names.

SAFETY FIRST

3 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Why would yo need to  identify the "newbies"? 

Some posters like to talk down to them. A "newbie" may have lived here for years but if he/she has only recently started posting on here they are deemed to know nothing.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

Some posters like to talk down to them. A "newbie" may have lived here for years but if he/she has only recently started posting on here they are deemed to know nothing.

I can tell you're not a 'newbie', your comment is unsubstantiated and unconfirmed information. 

Nice theory mate.  😂😂😂😂😂

I reckon there would be some newbies that have been here long term, those newbies would be the banned members returning under another user name. 

Have you returned on an alias ? 

👍

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

More useless information 

Could contain:

This information has always been attached to topics.

Previously it was at the bottom of the page in small print. It's just been moved to a more prominent position and had the presentation jazzed up a bit.

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Hey Mr 'lives in his own world'.

I care. That's why I posted it. 

Narcissist have social issues. 

Its a forum, everything is up for discussion 

Well then ignore them as I have. But the reputation score shouldn’t dictate whether a poster is valid or not. Some have been here for years and years with only a handful of posts, others somehow or another probably lost their email password and had to sign in on a new account. And others have been here for a year or two and are well into the thousands

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

+1👍 ignore the silly poster, the poster is a over wordy blowhard of nothingness 

The reputation scores aren't there to identify the Newbies, that information can be found on your profile page.

I just visited your profile page, you've been an AN forum member for 2 years. 

Welcome to the club Newbie 😂😂😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The reputation scores aren't there to identify the Newbies, that information can be found on your profile page.

I just visited your profile page, you've been an AN forum member for 2 years. 

Welcome to the club Newbie 😂😂😂

Right, long time user, new profile. But whatever gives you a personal superior feeling, then just go with that debased notion of false validity, after all isn’t that what you’re after?…validation on the internet 😃

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, novacova said:

Right, long time user, new profile. But whatever gives you a personal superior feeling, then just go with that debased notion of false validity, after all isn’t that what you’re after?…validation on the internet 😃

Do you have 2 usernames here........?  🤔

34 minutes ago, novacova said:

Geeze, lots of hate here. 😠

I'm not bothered by the newbie thing (I sure did stir the pot mentioning it 😂), I'm just a numbers guy.

Its interesting and intriguing to see the reputation of some members.

I regularly search members for different things, if I remember George has one of the highest counts and he's been doing it since day one by the looks of his profile.

Not far off George was my mate above, transam, huge count 👍

I remember searching for Somchai, the name with Somchai in it had the highest number of banned members.😊

So sorry for making you miserable people more miserable. 

Have a nice day 😁

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

44 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Geeze, lots of hate here. 😠

I'm not bothered by the newbie thing (I sure did stir the pot mentioning it 😂), I'm just a numbers guy.

Its interesting and intriguing to see the reputation of some members.

I regularly search members for different things, if I remember George has one of the highest counts and he's been doing it since day one by the looks of his profile.

Not far off George was my mate above, transam, huge count 👍

I remember searching for Somchai, the name with Somchai in it had the highest number of banned members.😊

So sorry for making you miserable people more miserable. 

Have a nice day 😁

No hate projected. 

From this perspective, anymore, this site is for the most part for entertainment purposes. It’s difficult to take most of what individuals put out here seriously, unless of course we hear about other members unfortunate fate.

Personally I don’t have interest on viewing other profiles here, it virtually has no value for me here in digital land given that people here are diverse and have different perspectives and backgrounds whether true or false. 

No misery here😃 life is too much of a joy. And from here on out is all a bonus.

Wish you a pleasant day as well and don’t forget to smile and d-krup to strangers 

9 minutes ago, novacova said:

Personally I don’t have interest on viewing other profiles here

In my searches I didn't view members profiles. 

Sure the occasional profile would pop up if you go deeper. 

I searched for numbers of members, easily accessed in the search page, no profiles viewed. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

14 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

In my searches I didn't view members profiles. 

Sure the occasional profile would pop up if you go deeper. 

I searched for numbers of members, easily accessed in the search page, no profiles viewed. 

I see, got it👍. I imagine there’s quite a few now. If I recall correctly, the only member I’ve ever searched for was UbonJoe🙏

Edited by novacova

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, I know that but it's useless information that remains on the forum. 

What's your point? 

I apologize. When I read "more useless information" I took it to mean "there's now more useless information" as opposed to "here's another example of more useless information". Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Watchit said:

How many have you got? At first i had you down for Dick_smith237 but then i thought even you couldn't be as boring and self opinionated as him

Just the one, ol' bean, just the one, never needed a back-up, as some do here........😉

15 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I can tell you're not a 'newbie', your comment is unsubstantiated and unconfirmed information. 

Nice theory mate.  😂😂😂😂😂

I reckon there would be some newbies that have been here long term, those newbies would be the banned members returning under another user name. 

Have you returned on an alias ? 

👍

I've never been away or permanently banned.