Friendly Africans in Sukhumvit.

bob smith

Been a few years, but I used to go to African disco's in a side-soi across from The Grace Hotel.

I'm a world music fan and they def had the afro-beats. I gave them some cd's a couple of times. It would be hard to visit an African nigh club in Africa as a solo-whitie.

Super-friendly people. All kinds of downers like like Xanax for sale in the bathroom. A few marriage proposals from women who really need to lay off of the all grease and yucca diet.  

• Haha 2

Did you get the well dressed Indian guy a bit further up the street with... Sir, wow, sir, I tell you are lucky, you want to know why?

Always an interesting gauntlet run from Nana to Asok on the odd side number of the street

Edited by circa02
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, circa02 said:

Did you get the well dressed Indian guy a bit further up the street with... Sir, wow, sir, I tell you are lucky, you want to know why?

No.

But I did get plenty ‘heyy buddy’ and ‘you want suit brother’ … 😄 

• Love It 1

23 minutes ago, bob smith said:

bro, brother, brethren, you name it!

I feel like going out and buying a 100,000 dollar gold plated ring today!

How thick / thin would the gold plating be?

Edited by scorecard

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

if anyone's wondering, i don't think these guys are offering anything in particular. it's more of a handyman situation where they help you out with whatever you need at the time.

kinda like the people that work at asda with ‘happy to help’ badges?

• Love It 1

Many years ago I was with 2 friends from work and a couple of Thai women at one of those after hours places that pop up after the regular businesses close. They even had a truck mounted bathroom system with sinks and flush toilets.  It was off Sukhumvit between soi 13 and 22 if I remember correctly.  

What was less good was the number of Africans hanging about for no discernable reason, eyeballing us.  One of our group was a filthy smoker.  One of the Africans used "can I get a light?"  as a segue to try to weasel his way into our conversation and work one of their scams.  Maybe he was an exiled prince.

After the second request for a light,  I asked my friend for his spare lighter and handed it to the African and told him it was a gift.  Well, the ungrateful bastard flew into a rage!  He now had no excuse to approach our group and try to work his grift. 

After the Africans left the lady who owned the pop up bar told the Thai women with us that the Africans were scary men who had stabbed someone two nights before. She was terrified of them, but the police and immigration did nothing about the situation. 

• Confused 1