Everybody says Thais don't like it when you complain...

bob smith

We've complained to the bastards next door about cocky the cockerel making a racket while they are out at work, promise it will be gone by the next holiday. I know it pissed others off but they 'don't want fighting'  and put up with it. Lucky the Mrs is not like that.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, proton said:

We've complained to the bastards next door about cocky the cockerel making a racket while they are out at work, promise it will be gone by the next holiday. I know it pissed others off but they 'don't want fighting'  and put up with it. Lucky the Mrs is not like that.

cook it on the bbq. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

you do enough of it yourself.

is your ex wife english and did the dirty on you?

the english women are known for their promiscuity I would not entertin the idea of marrying one.

They whine to much.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bob smith said:

but have you ever taken a look inside a thais only Line group, say for a housing project or condo community group?

My god.

I've never seen such petty arguing/complaining/bickering in all my life!

They will literally complain about anything

the smaller the issue the bigger they blow it out of proportion it seems.

there was a woman on there this morning threatening to call the police over a banana skin that had been left outside her front door!

The language she was using was so colorful I had to reach for my shades!!

So it seems that Thais don't like it when farangs complain,

but for them they can complain to high heaven.

it also seems that complaints here are handled differently.

A Thai will never tell you straight to your face, but will talk about you all day belong behind your back..

They are the biggest grasses i've ever come across. 

double standards much?

Yes, we have a group of 7 or 8 who are constantly whingeing about very minor details. I call it the Whine LINE. Their comments are rather like those I imagine are made by schoolgirls about their classmates, teachers etc, (and I'm probably being unkind to schoolgirls). I have discouraged our manager from participating, because however he responds, they are encouraged by those responses to double down. It is important that he follows the chatter, but not participate in it. Sure enough, ignoring it seems to make it die down. I am on the board of the condo, so I get informed. The magnificent 7 (or eight) wouldn't lift a finger to improve the condo for the good of ALL residents, but boy, they love to complain when the management makes changes designed to do just that. And these people are rich, (dare one call them HiSo?), but devoid of any grace or thoughtfulness.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, samtam said:

Yes, we have a group of 7 or 8 who are constantly whingeing about very minor details. I call it the Whine LINE. Their comments are rather like those I imagine are made by schoolgirls about their classmates, teachers etc, (and I'm probably being unkind to schoolgirls). I have discouraged our manager from participating, because however he responds, they are encouraged by those responses to double down. It is important that he follows the chatter, but not participate in it. Sure enough, ignoring it seems to make it die down. I am on the board of the condo, so I get informed. The magnificent 7 (or eight) wouldn't lift a finger to improve the condo for the good of ALL residents, but boy, they love to complain when the management makes changes designed to do just that. And these people are rich, (dare one call them HiSo?), but devoid of any grace or thoughtfulness.

Most Thai people are like school children. Mentally I mean.

• Thumbs Up 2