Were you ever (or never) swoon worthy beautiful at any point in your life? (All genders)

Jingthing

3 minutes ago, JackGats said:

I was ravishingly handsome when I was an early teenager. Had my parents boarded me out to Michael Jackson then, I'd be rich by now. I missed a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I have to ask.

If that had happened would you lie to defend him or rat him out?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that said, I have been told that I am a hanhome man for the past 17 years coming here, the girls even calling that out to me from the other side of the street, at least I believe they were girls, can't tell all the time.

They wouldn't lie to me 🙂

I'm happy I experienced being an object of desire but it's something to adjust to as it fades. If you never had it you are spared that let down. 

Another fun thing during your swoon bloom. Probably not for everyone but sometimes going with "uglies" and enjoying their joy acting as if they won the lottery. No not pity shags. Something else.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sipi said:

I'm so ugly, when I was born the doctor slapped my mother. When I walk along the beach, even the tide refuses to come in. My dog is so ugly, I shaved his bum and trained him to walk backwards.

My mother fed me with a catapult!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidjameson said:

I taught in university in Japan and every new semester I would walk into a classroom and literally hear a deep breath in (Japanese type of swoon) from 90% of the girls. Omg what a feeling and yet also surprisingly taken for granted too.

Then one new semester I walked in and ....nothing. Overnight I went from rock star to nice teacher. I was 40.

15 years later I'm still struggling with adjusting. I play in the lower leagues now because I can still get that swoon and would rather have a 40 something excited to be with me than an indifferent 20 something.

Ahhhhhh I remember the JET program and Japan in the 1990s. A target-rich environment 🤣

Money can make a man the most hansum man in the world and all along the barstool line up of course.

From outside, it feels great for the ego with all the other (sensible) patrons, not wanting to pay, watch and see the fine ladies all jumping over the guy spilling his Bhat along the counter. It also can be fun once he's wasted enough and starts buying drinks for the dudes too.

But deep inside...frankly...deep inside when you know it's for the money only...does it feed the mind and ego all that much ?

Definitely not swoon worthy but when I was in my twenties and thirties I was considered good looking, certainly by New York standards where I was living at the time. I did get as much action as I could possibly handle. Part of that had to do with the times, part of that had to do with the demographics in New York City at that point in time (as I am a straight man, a rarity in NYC in the 80's), but it was certainly fun. I was single and really took advantage of the hunger of single, available straight women.

I look back on those times with a great degree of fondness. The world sure has changed, and I am certainly no longer the young buck I used to be! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I know but I'm a bit long in the tooth for career advice.

Never say die. 

Herman Wouk wrote an ASTOUNDINGLY great book when he was older than you. 

Sorry, I meant Roth. 

But, anyway, Herman Wouk wrote meaningfully until the age of 101. 

Roth was a better author, by far, as everybody knows by now. 

Here is a question for you, Sir... 

WHY did not Roth get the Nobel? 

Any useful thoughts? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NickyLouie said:

U lived on Christopher Street. 

Actually that was sort of my hook since most men in New York at that time were gay, I had a lot of gay friends and they would invite me to their parties, and I would end up hooking up with their girlfriends who were all straight, and starving for action. There was a seven to one ratio of single available straight women to single available straight men at that time in New York during the '80s.

So it was literally like a potluck, it was so much fun and appearing to be gay was a little bit of an angle, and with all the gay friends that I had it worked out really well. These women were genuinely impressed that I was open-minded enough to have a bunch of gay friends. 

• Haha 1

As JVS said;- "True beauty is on the inside and that can last a lifetime! " 

Look at the oldies holding hands walking in the soi.

"Beauty is only skin deep"    is a worthy old saying.

And what does "all genders" mean???  There are only two. ! !

I must be swoonworthy, as just the other day I was walking past a massage parlor, and someone yelled out to me:

"Ooooh, you so han sum ! I want to have your baby !"

The compliment was only slightly diminished due to the caller being a ladyboy. It's the thought that counts.

• Haha 1