truewallet ... impossible to register as farang?

I had used TrueMoney a few years again, when I was initially able to register with just my passport. Then they tightened their rules and made it a pain to show them additional KYC documents in a Line video call that you had to schedule with their KYC team, so I didn't bother.

Reading this thread with recent positive experiences, I signed up again yesterday and it was painless enough. Assuming that they'll approve me after the weekend, I'd be happy to use TrueMoney again, as I found it quite handy back then.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

I had used TrueMoney a few years again, when I was initially able to register with just my passport. Then they tightened their rules and made it a pain to show them additional KYC documents in a Line video call that you had to schedule with their KYC team, so I didn't bother.

Reading this thread with recent positive experiences, I signed up again yesterday and it was painless enough. Assuming that they'll approve me after the weekend, I'd be happy to use TrueMoney again, as I found it quite handy back then.

Well, what can I say... they just approved me already, on a Sunday morning. Quick and painless indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Well, what can I say... they just approved me already, on a Sunday morning. Quick and painless indeed.

Indeed, what else is there to say other than 'naysayers eat you heart out!'

Yes it was the Line video that stopped me from using Truemoney way back when. I've already made good use of my 'wallet' since it's sprung back to life earlier this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 3:54 PM, jaideedave said:

Same as you, tried several times and finally gave up. Why do they even let us get that far to apply if there is no intention to give one.ffs

scam calls and sms started not much later... can not register but they have all my info...

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 1:31 PM, Moonlover said:

You're not alone @john donson, I too would like an e-wallet operated by Truemoney and have also failed. In fact I had one for quite a while and found it very useful, but when they upgraded the security (NYC and all that) I was unable to register.

And I still can't! I tried quite a few times and just like you, I sat back and waited for the SMS that never came. The frustrating aspect is not knowing why. The main use I put my e-wallet to was paying Lazada, which I use a lot and paying my True account each month. And before anyone pipes up and says 'get a Lazada wallet'. I've been rejected for one of those as well!

thanks for confirming we are not alone... lot of gaslighters here with nothing better to do than insults

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, john donson said:
On 10/29/2023 at 1:31 PM, Moonlover said:

You're not alone @john donson, I too would like an e-wallet operated by Truemoney and have also failed. In fact I had one for quite a while and found it very useful, but when they upgraded the security (NYC and all that) I was unable to register.

14 minutes ago, john donson said:

thanks for confirming we are not alone... lot of gaslighters here with nothing better to do than insults

If you follow on down the thread @john donson you'll discover that I have now managed to re-activate my Truemoney wallet and there is plenty of good advise on how to do so. 

Read through thread again (ignoring all the naysayers) and you'll come across plenty of useful information and help. Contact me if you need more assistance.

Edited by Moonlover

26 minutes ago, john donson said:
On 10/28/2023 at 4:10 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

It's interesting that the OP who cannot register for "Truewallet" [sic] cannot even get the name of the service right. 

grammar police

english is my 3rd language

how many other do you sapeeeek

Nothing at all to do with grammar, you brought that up!  I just pointed out at the time that you didn't even get the name of the app correct so perhaps it's not surprising that you couldn't work out how to register when others have easily done so!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/28/2023 at 1:45 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing at all to do with grammar, you brought that up!  I just pointed out at the time that you didn't even get the name of the app correct so perhaps it's not surprising that you couldn't work out how to register when others have easily done so!

you reply for what? you got what I was talking about or not ?

who cares grammar police?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, john donson said:

you reply for what? you got what I was talking about or not ?

who cares grammar police?

As I said, it was absolutely nothing to do with grammar, no matter how many times you (wrongly) repeat it.  I was pointing out the irony of someone who couldn't get the grasp of how to register for the TrueMoney app also not being able to get a grasp of what the app was actually called - "True Wallet".

My UK Wise card stopped working with Bolt and Counter Services (for PEA). Still works fine for Lazada, Scoot and DTAC etc.

So I signed up for TrueMoney. I selected unemployed (no retired option) put my home address as work address, provided copy of Passport, and Thai Driving licence. Was approved the same day.

Topped some money to my TrueWallet and was able to pay:

• PEA Bill Payment
• DTAC Top Up

I also created a TrueMoney virtual MasterCard and was able to register this with Bolt and pay for rides.

The only issue I am having is scanning QR codes. A few bills in bars that I have tried scanning the QR code and it comes up with error, "For Thais only". However in a resturant yesterday I scanned the QR code and it let me pay. It would seem not all QR codes are the same. Anyone know the difference?

(This is exactly what I found in Singapore, with Scan to Pay. After launching with much fanfare Wise quietly withdrew their "Pay like a Local" in Singapore. So I ended up using Grab Wallet in Singapore to pay using QR codes a Hawker Centres. However certain types of QR codes are not supported by Grab Wallet. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k14229104-o10-Common_cashless_option_in_Singapore-Singapore.html)

Edited by Nightf