Medical Clinic

Somnambulist

I went to Banglamung Hospital, even though I carry in excess of 800,000,000 baht of medical coverage. 
I’m just an ordinary guy 😊

I also visited Bangkok Pattaya at the same time. Though I didn’t have to pay for treatment at BP. Cannot fault the treatment at Banglamung Hospital. No real waiting at all. Exemplary and relatively inexpensive. Was happy to make some small donations to other attendees during my visits. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, NextG said:

I went to Banglamung Hospital, even though I carry in excess of 800,000,000 baht of medical coverage. 

I also visited Bangkok Pattaya at the same time. Though I didn’t have to pay for treatment at BP. Cannot fault the treatment at Banglamung Hospital. No real waiting at all. Exemplary and relatively inexpensive. Was happy to make some small donations to other attendees during my visits. 

Yeah, just an ordinary bragging about how great their insurance is and how kind, selfless and giving they are.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, just an ordinary bragging about how great their insurance is and how kind, selfless and giving they are.

In answer to the OP that Banglamung Hospital is a possible solution to avoid being overcharged, given that someone who could visit BP was in fact happy with the service at BH. 
But that just flew over the head of grumpy you. 

Go to a government hospital.  If you just need a clinic, go to an Amphur level government hospital. 
The cost is fair.  Ask BritManToo who just got run-down by a car while on a motorcycle. 

The trade-off on pricing is the wait.  And you will wait.  Even with that said, to be honest, for consultations?  I'd still go to a private hospital as consultations are generally cheap.

Edited by connda

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Go to a government hospital.  If you just need a clinic, go to an Amphur level government hospital. 
The cost is fair.  Ask BritManToo who just got run-down by a car while on a motorcycle. 

The trade-off on pricing is the wait.  And you will wait.  Even with that said, to be honest, for consultations?  I'd still go to a private hospital as consultations are generally cheap.

I didn’t experience much of a wait. The wait in private hospitals can be even longer, especially if insurance is involved. 

41 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Guy is asking about the clinic, but people talk about hospitals.

He asked about a Doctor, silly. There aren’t always Doctors available at clinics. Best place to find a Doctor is at a hospital. Any questions?

18 minutes ago, NextG said:

He asked about a Doctor, silly. There aren’t always Doctors available at clinics. Best place to find a Doctor is at a hospital. Any questions?

Clinics usually have set times for doctors, except the not very good clinics. The two I mentioned above have doctors usually from 10am

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Clinics usually have set times for doctors, except the not very good clinics. The two I mentioned above have doctors usually from 10am

Whatever suits the OP, the more info/choice, the better. We don’t know the ailment involved, but at least the OP has good info from which to make a decision. 

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you are looking for a small clinic in Pattaya area try the one on Thappraya where the road turns right to Jomtien.

Another one is on Pattaya Tai by 3rd road crossroads 

Could contain:

Reply cancelled

Edited by dddave

7 hours ago, NextG said:

Banglamung Hsp has greatly improved since the old days. Friend of mine spent his last 2 weeks there, first in a ward, then a private room. He received perfectly good care for a fraction of what he'd have paid at BPH. Recommended.

For those of you holding one of those utterly useless pink cards, I suggest using it to register there and at hospitals generally. Been reports of avoiding the farang surcharge thusly. I dunno, I'm under Thai SS and use Sirikit free. No harm in trying; it's only your wallet.

Edited by BigStar