More Multiple Entry non O Woe's

I did a bit of clicking around as well, and discovered that while a German passport holder can't apply for an e-visa in places like Cambodia or Malaysia (presumably like Australia not on the e-visa net yet) you can from South Korea and China, as well as other European countries and the US. So maybe that might become easier as more local embassies are included in the system.

I don't know if you can lie about being in your home country when you're in somewhere like Cambodia. Should be theoretically possible with a VPN though if you've got the paperwork with you.

In fact come to think of it it should be possible from Thailand with a VPN.

Anyone ever tried?

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, BusyB said:

I did a bit of clicking around as well, and discovered that while a German passport holder can't apply for an e-visa in places like Cambodia or Malaysia (presumably like Australia not on the e-visa net yet) you can from South Korea and China, as well as other European countries and the US. So maybe that might become easier as more local embassies are included in the system.

I don't know if you can lie about being in your home country when you're in somewhere like Cambodia. Should be theoretically possible with a VPN though if you've got the paperwork with you.

Anyone ever tried?

It has been tried, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Besides using a VPN, it will be necessary to falsify the required copies of pages from your passport. If lots of people start trying this, they will probably start employing VPN detectors, and block access to the e-visa site through a VPN. That would be unfortunate as there can be legitimate reasons for using a VPN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Since Covid the UK Embassy's efficiency has greatly improved and all it takes to end all this speculation is a short polite email to: [email protected] enquire if the MENO is still available.

Well i sent a short polite email yesterday, just waiting for the reply

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrTravkin said:

I'm trying to make ME NON-O visiting family over 60 days visa in Finland but Single is the only option to select for Number of Entries😡

Could contain:

It is my guess that this is an error on the e-visa website following recent updates. Others have reported the problem. If you can afford to wait a week or two before making the application, I advise you to do so. Such a basic error should be corrected reasonably quickly one would think. If you cannot afford to wait, contact the embassy for advice.

42 minutes ago, MrTravkin said:

I'm trying to make ME NON-O visiting family over 60 days visa in Finland but Single is the only option to select for Number of Entries😡

Could contain:

Non O multiple entry based on retirement is still available from London.

Could contain:

Edited by mlkik
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

It is my guess that this is an error on the e-visa website following recent updates. Others have reported the problem. If you can afford to wait a week or two before making the application, I advise you to do so. Such a basic error should be corrected reasonably quickly one would think. If you cannot afford to wait, contact the embassy for advice.

Honestly, I do not think its an error. In Prague they also updated all the requirements information documents and for Non-O Family member visa they state now only - SINGLE ENTRY

But for Non-O Contestant or a witness for the judicial process they still have multiple entries option. 

I wrote them email, lets see what they will answer.

Could contain:

Could contain:

6 minutes ago, megapix said:

Honestly, I do not think its an error. In Prague they also updated all the requirements information documents and for Non-O Family member visa they state now only - SINGLE ENTRY

But for Non-O Contestant or a witness for the judicial process they still have multiple entries option. 

I wrote them email, lets see what they will answer.

Could contain:

Could contain:

It is interesting that the issue arose at exactly the same time as multiple entry Non O visas became harder to get in Savannakhet. As you say, it is possible that this is a deliberate global change mandated from on high.

16 hours ago, BusyB said:

Anyone ever tried?

Your proof of your flight to Thailand MUST be from your home country not Cambodia ETC. Trying to get it via Evisa online application system will result in being DENIED.

• Thanks 1

I went back into my Evisa account , for my Thai visa applications  they are in there and I can edit them   but application freezes  at NEXT button and pages do not load to go to next section of application  I have tried  MS edge and Firefox ,,  nothing works any ideas ,,

site just freezes

Edited by liddelljohn

On 10/29/2023 at 8:08 AM, Bday Prang said:

in the good old days before the e-visa system

It was not the good old days. It were horrible days. The eVisa is the greatest invention since sliced bread. It is easy and takes 30 minutes in front of the computer. Completely done from home without standing up from the chair. 

3 hours ago, travelerjim said:

Your proof of your flight to Thailand MUST be from your home country not Cambodia ETC. Trying to get it via Evisa online application system will result in being DENIED.

Of course. Silly me.

2 hours ago, MrTravkin said:

That is different type of visa, You are applying for Retirement visa.

That is what the original post was asking about a multiple entry Non O based on retirement from the UK.

Edited by mlkik

2 hours ago, MrTravkin said:

That is different type of visa, You are applying for Retirement visa.

Your application was initiated before they started "system maintenance". For new applications the only available option is Single.

Create a new application and see for yourself, I CBF uploading screenshots.

So, even though the Multi-entry visa may not have been taken off the table (remains to be seen), for all intensive purposes it is currently unavailable via thaievisa(dot)com.

• Thumbs Up 1

I asked by mail from Thai embassy in Helsinki how I can apply for multi NON-O family visa. Just gor an unpleaseant answer:

Hello,

It is not possible to apply for multiple entry NON-O visiting family visa anymore. 

Best regards,
Visa Section 

Royal Thai Embassy

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

It was not the good old days. It were horrible days. The eVisa is the greatest invention since sliced bread. It is easy and takes 30 minutes in front of the computer. Completely done from home without standing up from the chair. 

They actually were "the good old days" dealing with the local Thai Consulate in Liverpool was always painless, I was on first name terms with the staff there.  Far better than dealing with a faceless, and presumably Thai, official via an unreliable and badly designed website 

Imagine having booked a 3 month initial flight last week with the intention of applying for  a multi  non o  and now having to change it to a 2 month flight  in order to change ones application to a ME. TV.    More unnecessary expense and disruption ! 

Even inquiring about the requirements via email is now more challenging bearing in mind the slow response times from the embassy, During the good old days all it took was a quick phone call or one could even pop in to the consulate for an instant answer and that was at Liverpool,   Hull was even better

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:30 AM, mlkik said:

Multiple entry is still available.

You previously accused me of posting 'fake news' because I didn't see any ME option on the drop-down menu on the eVisa website. Well I don't know when you applied for your ME but my wife (Thai) emailed the London Embassy (in Thai) on Friday to clarify the situation and they have replied today that MENO visas 'are not currently available'. I guess this answer does kind of imply that they might become available again.....  I don't know whether you have now received your MENO eVisa or not but would be interested to know.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HauptmannUK said:

You previously accused me of posting 'fake news' because I didn't see any ME option on the drop-down menu on the eVisa website. Well I don't know when you applied for your ME but my wife (Thai) emailed the London Embassy (in Thai) on Friday to clarify the situation and they have replied today that MENO visas 'are not currently available'. I guess this answer does kind of imply that they might become available again.....  I don't know whether you have now received your MENO eVisa or not but would be interested to know.

Thanks for the update from the horse's mouth as it were.

Apologies to all in this thread regarding my insistance that multiple entry is still available.

I posted in good faith as was in the middle of an application and at the time multiple was available and an email from the London Embassy was included in earlier posts.

However as many of you have posted this is not the case now and only a single entry is available now.

I was wrong. Sorry.

This is the email I received today from the London Embassy-

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email 

- We do not provide NON-O (Family and Retirement Multiple entry) Please apply for single entry and go for extension at Immigration office in Thailand.

Warmest regards,
The Visa Team

15 hours ago, SunsetT said:

So have you received a reply from them?

No not yet, but as time is getting tight I applied for a METV as it will just about fit my needs.   If I remember correctly they used to require a letter from an employer/ tax return and bank statements showing £5000 in ones account for six months. Those visa specific requirements seem to have disappeared  as does the more general requirement to take a photo of oneself holding ones passport

I was expecting to be asked to explain why I needed a multi entry,  as  I only provided an invite letter from the gf as proof of accommodation but 5 days later it was granted, no questions asked

Based on comments both in this and other threads I'm pretty sure that the MENO's have , at least for now,  been withdrawn from most western countries,  and a reply received from the embassy by one member saying "have to get get single entry and extend at immigration in Thailand" not only confirms this but is pretty much, word for word, exactly the same as a reply I received a few  years ago which was the last time these visas disappeared without notice

For some reason the MENO visas based on marriage, have always  continued to be available from Savannaket  when  withdrawn from consulates and embassies  elsewhere  although I believe these now have a 400,000 baht "money in the bank requirement" and I have no idea if they issue MENO visas based on retirement

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1