Multiple Non - O based on Marriage question about finance and locations

Hello everyone,

Im currently now on Non-O multiple entry visa that expires on 14.12.2023. Im also flying back to EU in few weeks for 2 months so I was thinking maybe its perfect time for another visa trip. I did previously Multi No-O in HCMC (2019) and in Savannakhet (2022). Both places didnt required 400 k before but now they do.

Honestly, multi Non-O based on marriage was the best option for me because of my work schedule and Im too lazy to apply for 1 year extension. Im here usually 2-3 months max and then go back to work for another 2-3 months.

Since Savannaket now requires 400 k proof of funds Im looking into some other places to visit.

My finance questions are:

Does the money in Thai bank account has to be seasoned for few months ? I dont keep a lot of money here. Roughly I would say around 30-40 k per month and when Im not in Thailand there is usually under 10 k balance just in case of some bank fees.

I can transfer 400 k from overseas if its necessary this week. 

Do I need also some letter from the Thai bank guaranteeing the balance or just bank statement is enough ?

Another question is:

Any other places to apply for Non-O with recent reports ? I tried searching some but mostly what I got is Savannakhet and HCMC. It would be great to visit some new city.

Thank you for your answers.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nearby countries where you can apply for a multiple entry Non O are restricted to HCMC and Savannakhet. Your home country might be a good place to apply, but I assume that is not an attractive option for you.

There are rumours that Colombo can flexible when it comes to visa applications. If absolutely desperate, you could try there. No guarantees.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Nearby countries where you can apply for a multiple entry Non O are restricted to HCMC and Savannakhet. Your home country might be a good place to apply, but I assume that is not an attractive option for you.

There are rumours that Colombo can flexible when it comes to visa applications. If absolutely desperate, you could try there. No guarantees.

Thanks for the answer @BritTim. HCMC will be good choice probably . I just came from Colombo 2 days ago 😄 Too bad that I read Savannakhet update regarding 400k just yesterday. I would try to apply in Colombo.

I only applied for single non-o in my home embassy (Prague) in 2021. Maybe I could try again as well for multiple entry.

Any ideas about the seasoning of funds in bank account ? 

6 hours ago, megapix said:

Any ideas about the seasoning of funds in bank account ? 

This is unclear. I would not be surprised if HCMC require the money to have been in the account for a couple of months, while Savannakhet just want to see evidence that it is/was there shortly before the application.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 2:39 PM, BritTim said:

This is unclear. I would not be surprised if HCMC require the money to have been in the account for a couple of months, while Savannakhet just want to see evidence that it is/was there shortly before the application.

If HCMC requires seasoning of funds, it's absolutely pointless to go there. Immigration inside Thailand requires 60 day funds seasoning and you receive a 12 month extension, as opposed to just 90 days you receive per entry on a non-O multiple entry.

6 hours ago, Highlandman said:

If HCMC requires seasoning of funds, it's absolutely pointless to go there. Immigration inside Thailand requires 60 day funds seasoning and you receive a 12 month extension, as opposed to just 90 days you receive per entry on a non-O multiple entry.

AFAIK the seasoning is two months, not 60 days.

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2023 at 9:35 PM, megapix said:

Im currently now on Non-O multiple entry visa that expires on 14.12.2023. Im also flying back to EU in few weeks for 2 months so I was thinking maybe its perfect time for another visa trip.

~

When you fly back to Europe, I presume you will be visiting your home-country. 

So why not apply while you are there for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Marriage eVisa (the application has to be done when you are in your home-country, but as the eVisa is provided by e-mail, you are not confined to stay there till it arrives).  

Also in case your application for the 1-year ME one is denied, the Thai Embassy from your home-country will in most cases then automatically provide you with a 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O Marriage eVisa. 

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

~

When you fly back to Europe, I presume you will be visiting your home-country. 

So why not apply while you are there for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Marriage eVisa (the application has to be done when you are in your home-country, but as the eVisa is provided by e-mail, you are not confined to stay there till it arrives).  

Also in case your application for the 1-year ME one is denied, the Thai Embassy from your home-country will in most cases then automatically provide you with a 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O Marriage eVisa. 

Thats what I was thinking as well 🙂

BUT

They do not offer Multiple entry Non-O based on marriage in many EU countries anymore. My embassy started providing only single entry. There is whole another thread about it. some new rules are in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in HCMC this morning for a multi-entry non-imm O based on marriage. The lady behind the counter told me that she wanted all the pages of my bank passbook copied, rather that the pages showing the last 6 months only. Also on the visa application form,( which does still state multiple entry on the upper right hand corner), states that the photo to be attached by 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, while on the web site it states 4cm x 6cm. The last one is the correct size to use. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mickmac said:

Just in HCMC this morning for a multi-entry non-imm O based on marriage. The lady behind the counter told me that she wanted all the pages of my bank passbook copied, rather that the pages showing the last 6 months only. Also on the visa application form,( which does still state multiple entry on the upper right hand corner), states that the photo to be attached by 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, while on the web site it states 4cm x 6cm. The last one is the correct size to use. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks a lot for the report. Went to Savannakhet already but will try HCMC next year. If they want copy of the all bank book pages then its same like in Savannakhet. 

Just to be clear. Did you season the money in the bank account for some months or just deposited before you applied ?

Someone reported that they asked for 6 month bank statement with 400 k balance.

HCMC is more fun :)

Hi Megapix, I have had circa 800k in for the last 4 months. Will let you know tomorrow when I get passport back as to the situation. Its the first I am hearing about a 6 month statement with 400k min in it. I gather that Savannakhet now inisists on the 400k regime, am I correct in Assuming that they insist on 2 months before and 1 month after issue ?

On another note, the visa application site is now on Tu Xurang rd, around the back of the Consulate. 

We stayed at the Sila Living Hotel, as it is litterally 5 minutes walk around the corner from the Consulate, It also has several good brewery bars close by in one direction, and in the other direction a Jumbo seafood and a Hokkaido sushi restaurant as well. 

Hope this helps. 

Forgot to add, I did go to Hanoi for a 1yr ME non-imm O based on marriage. The lady behind the counter was not too happy about me applying for it in Hanoi. Fortunately I had the wife with me and after a bit of ear bending I got issued the visa, but have not heard of too many others getting one in Hanoi.

2 hours ago, mickmac said:

I have had circa 800k in for the last 4 months. Will let you know tomorrow when I get passport back as to the situation. Its the first I am hearing about a 6 month statement with 400k min in it. I gather that Savannakhet now inisists on the 400k regime, am I correct in Assuming that they insist on 2 months before and 1 month after issue ?

Savannakhet does not currently require funds seasoning. It is unclear how much seasoning HCMC require, but probably two months. In no case, can they require seasoning past the point where they issue you the visa.

2 hours ago, mickmac said:

Forgot to add, I did go to Hanoi for a 1yr ME non-imm O based on marriage. The lady behind the counter was not too happy about me applying for it in Hanoi. Fortunately I had the wife with me and after a bit of ear bending I got issued the visa, but have not heard of too many others getting one in Hanoi.

Hanoi is known to be a most unfriendly embassy these days.

This was several years ago when I got the visa there, so would not surprise me if things had got worse. ( a pity really as Hanoi is a good spot to explore). 

I did buy a big bunch of flowers for the lady behind the counter in Hanoi, but that does not appear to have softened the staff any.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update folks, as the site has been down due to Cloud issues, I picked up my passport on 15th Nov, and received a 1 yr, non-imm O multiple entry visa, based on Marriage.  

All went well, and would reccomend going this route to anyone in future, Just make sure you have the correct paperwork. 

Good luck.