Time for a "newer model" perhaps?

swissie

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Does she love me? Haven't a clue, I'm completely unable to predict a woman's true feelings

Oh come on, she loves you muk muk like they all do, they just show it in a different way.

Darling I go get groceries, you give me money !

• Haha 1

When I met my girlfriend, she was young and pretty. Now, many years later, not so much anymore.

But she is still a "nice girl".

There was a time, a few years ago, when she started nagging. I told her don't do that, and first she just continued with this bad behavior. Then I made it 100% clear to her that she has two options: Be a nice girl, or I will find a replacement and that's it.

She understood the message and after that no nagging anymore.

We are not married and I don't plan to change that. As far as I see it, we might be together for all the future. And I think it doesn't hurt that she knows that in case she misbehaves too much then that won't happen.

Signing a contract with a woman to support her for the rest of her life is, IMHO, not a smart idea. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Happy with the one I've got, she's 47 now but I still find her attractive after nearly 15 years together.

Does she love me? Haven't a clue, I'm completely unable to predict a woman's true feelings, but I certainly love her.

Steady on! This has got to be the meds talking!🤣

Very nice to hear from one of the last posters on the forum I would expect to say it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

ASEAN NOW

HoST = Home of Stupid Topics.

I agree.

I am finding it harder to find decent topics worth reading and responding to. I have simply got bored with. in no particular order

Trump/Biden

Israel/Hamas

USA/EU/Ukraine

EV's

Thai politics

Grammar nasty's

There seems to be too much one sidedness where if you have one opinion, some posters accuse you of being a terrorist supporter at best.

I still enjoy Jokes and funnies

What TVF started out as which was mostly about Visa and Immigration

When I joined TVF nearly 20 years ago you could have a discussion on a thread and even if you disagreed with a poster, neither of you insulted the other and you agreed to disagree.

It must be an age thing, as I am old and ANN/TVF is getting to the stage, for me at least of becoming not really worth bothering with any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think to be fair, part of that is what opportunities we have.

Sure, it should be possible to pay for a night or two for a gorgeous bird. But that is no long term (months, years) option for most of us.

There are some guys who are able to have every couple of years a new pretty young girlfriend.

How many of us would say No if the pretty girls would line up to become the next girlfriend?

leonardodicaprio-gf-history-1579288164.j

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When I met my girlfriend, she was young and pretty. Now, many years later, not so much anymore.

But she is still a "nice girl".

There was a time, a few years ago, when she started nagging. I told her don't do that, and first she just continued with this bad behavior. Then I made it 100% clear to her that she has two options: Be a nice girl, or I will find a replacement and that's it.

She understood the message and after that no nagging anymore.

We are not married and I don't plan to change that. As far as I see it, we might be together for all the future. And I think it doesn't hurt that she knows that in case she misbehaves too much then that won't happen.

Signing a contract with a woman to support her for the rest of her life is, IMHO, not a smart idea. 

Good on you. Many men do not seem to understand the concept of setting boundaries and standards. Life is way too short to put up with more than a tad of nonsense from a woman. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

19 hours ago, swissie said:
19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is definitely part of my lower nature that considers this notion from time to time, but I have so many years invested in the relationship, we have so much history together, she's such an outstanding woman on so many levels, she always has my back, and she just seems to get better with age. We get along great, she still has a fantastic sense of humor, she still looks good, and I'm never going to be able to upgrade from where I'm currently at.

So, I guess the moral to this story is sometimes we just simply have to practice contentment. 

Amazing. I could have written that. I am blessed. Same story. But many of my Thai Farang friends can not write the same story.

Absolutely agree....    however, I never would have written that... my Wife reads the forum sometimes... Got to keep her guessing !!!! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

My wife is similar to yours.

We have known each other for 30 years and been married for 23 of them.

The big and the small house are hers, as is the land free and clear of any debt. 

She had one plot of land before we married and I willingly paid for the rest of the land and houses.

When I die she will get my military pension and most of my company pension until she dies. My state pension sadly dies with me.

quote from your post.

"Not all of us are cynics".

And not all Thai wives are the same. There are some real gems out there and both you and I have found one each, I am VERY glad to say.

And we certainly both know what an incredibly good fortune it is in life to find a partner of the caliber that we have found. I would guess there are a relatively low percentage on the planet that are blessed to experience something like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Being shallow, demanding and intolerant has probably served me well, though I applaud those of you who have found love and happiness with a Thai woman. Some on here are miffed that a topic such as this comes up on this site, but it really is quite germane to a majority of foreigners in Thailand, for reasons that need not be stated. We all know. We all know the temptations, and we all know the possibilities that exist here.

For me, I could never bridge the cultural gap. I'm hardly a neophyte expat, as I've lived and worked in many countries and cultures. While I do find Thai women lovely and often quite endearing, the way most think vs the way I think are too far apart for me to be satisfied long term. I accept they would feel the same toward me. Thai women are likely the only ethnicity about whom I would feel that way, at least based on the countries in which I have lived (which include Asia, South Asia, Europe and the Middle East). I'm somewhat pedantic about beliefs, and really expect logic to be a part of everyone's thinking, especially a woman with whom I would share life. I can slough off superstitions like reincarnation or magic amulets in casual relationships, but not in anything long term. Such beliefs indicate a mind that is prone to poor decisions or that cannot accept personal responsibility. That's a recipe for disaster, as it can impact important decisions over which one can have direct control. Thai women---in what is perhaps my too limited experience---are the one ethnicity where few have moved beyond superstition and who can accept most of their cultural beliefs re faith are absolute drivel.

A second thing is that I have met precious few Thais who are not of the view that Thailand is the center of the known Universe, and thus there is absolutely no need to know anything about anything, whether science, history, art or the rest of humanity. Too narrow is the typical focus, and that says BOREDOM over the long term. Unlike some men, I'm not looking for a maid, but rather an equal partner. I can wash and iron my own clothes.

A final point---and this applies to all women along with the typical (not all) man's desire for fresh attractions---I have worked with and known women who have gone through menopause. I understand the hormone imbalances are not their fault, but how that impacts behavior is a cruel trick played by the impish Universe. Female behavior can be quite bizarre during that time. This is not a sexist view (some, of course, will argue otherwise), it is merely fact. Even women who have reached the 'other side' have told me how weirdly they behaved. Many are also quite happy to be done with their 'monthly visitor' as well as carnal desire. That is where my lack of tolerance would enter. The depth of love I would have to feel to chill out during that multi-year transition would have to Romeo-esque. I think the traditional Western marriage vows should say, "In sickness and in health and through menopause". I also think I will still have a desire to 'do the deed' when I'm past female menopause age, which might tempt me to break vows of monogamy.

So I accept I'm not the marrying type, but like General Jack Ripper in Dr. Strangelove, I don't avoid women (Mandrake); I just deny them my essence betrothal.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1