River dinner cruise

rocky123

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Home | riversidebangkok

I like it, my Thai girlfriend loves it.

A nice relaxing trip on the river with good food and reasonable prices.

What I don't like are all the people who are constantly making selfies and selfies and selfies. But I guess that is what you get on any tourist boat.

+1 for Riverside.

Also Yok Yor Marina https://www.thailandhighlight.com/bangkok-dinner-cruise/boondarika-boat-yok-yor-cruise/

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Home | riversidebangkok

What I don't like are all the people who are constantly making selfies and selfies and selfies. But I guess that is what you get on any tourist boat.

I checked their website from your link and it sound like a fun night out with the wife when we find ourselves in Bangkok

Thank you

1 hour ago, FarangRimPing said:

I've gone on this cruise about 10 times with different guests. Everyone has really loved it.

The Manohra Cruises rice barges are antique and carefully restored to preserve the original artistry. Carved from teak and with a traditional reua krachaeng canopy, the setting is intimate and guests enjoy a cool river breeze. These iconic vessels were once the primary mode of transport on the river, particularly during the Thonburi period in the mid 18th century, harking back to a golden era when Bangkok was a major trading destination.

https://www.manohracruises.com/default/special-offers/manohra-dinner-cruise

+1

I took the senior management from my company on this cruise during a regional meeting and it was very popular. Not cheap but good value for what you get.

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Home | riversidebangkok

"But I guess that is what you get on any tourist boat. "

Don't forget to mention the Thai people by themself.....

1 hour ago, FarangRimPing said:

I've gone on this cruise about 10 times with different guests. Everyone has really loved it.

The Manohra Cruises rice barges are antique and carefully restored to preserve the original artistry. Carved from teak and with a traditional reua krachaeng canopy, the setting is intimate and guests enjoy a cool river breeze. These iconic vessels were once the primary mode of transport on the river, particularly during the Thonburi period in the mid 18th century, harking back to a golden era when Bangkok was a major trading destination.

I'll second this one, absolutely delightful, classic Thai music and dancing, very friendly and not very big.

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Home | riversidebangkok

Additionally to above.

Those are big boats. My girlfriend is relative sensible about getting sea-sick on smaller vessels. With that one, no problem at all.

They have two different boats. One with a dinner buffet and one with a-la-carte. Until now I also was on the a-la-carte boat. The prices are reasonable, just like a decent (but not luxury) Thai restaurant. I think the boat tour itself is only 100B or so. It cost money because of all the food and drinks. 

So I went on the white or his last night  4 people . Buffet . It was a cheap cruise at £15 a head .. boat a bit date entertainment .  Seen better . Unlimited  beer in small glasses. Next time I will pay a bit more and get a better cruise . But note I said next time .. I enjoyed it .. had my value in prawns alone!

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Home | riversidebangkok

They live in the selfie universe - they don't exist unless they see themselves in a selfie. If you take their phones away they'll disappear. Hmmm, maybe not a bad idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Every girlie will love it and want to do the usual romantic-dinner-river cruise that is usually the perfect tourist trap. But to please those ladies and to see them thank us later back home or in the hotel, we would go to any extent, no matter how boring it may be !! 🤣

If you want something small, then both the Oriental and the Shangri-La do dinner-cruises on the old rice-barge type boats, only about ten tables on each cruise, goes down to the Royal Long-Boat marina and back again.

Small, intimate, great food, but pricey, of course.  

7 hours ago, PMZ said:

If you want something small, then both the Oriental and the Shangri-La do dinner-cruises on the old rice-barge type boats, only about ten tables on each cruise, goes down to the Royal Long-Boat marina and back again.

Small, intimate, great food, but pricey, of course.  

That’s the ones i was thinking about , probably worth the higher price, tho the rice barge one looks more authentic.

depends on what you are looking for.

They all feed you farang food not real Thai food. So if you go for the food can't help you but if you just wanna have a nice relaxing time i would go for the trip with the old rice barges.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:53 AM, FarangRimPing said:

Would it look weird to other diners if i went on this dinner cruise alone, or do i need a date?