Thai evisa application today for USA citizen tourist visa did not have a place to upload financial evidence/ bank statement

I did not pay the $40 yet because I am worried as to why there was no place to put the bank statement under supporting documents. It had all the other documents listed except this. I triple checked and no sign of that. There was no other place to add an extra document  either. Has anyone heard of this. I did check that I have previously been to Thailand and applied for thai visas before. Could that be why? Anyone heard of this happening? Thanks

Edited by dwaynehoover

It is to be expected because the requirements from the embassy usually exceeds those from the eVisa. I always have to merge some of the files into one and add a first blank page explaining what documents are in the merged  file. Works everytime. Merging pdf files is simple and can be done on some free websites if you don't have a pdf editing software.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I think they wanted to simplify the tedious eVisa application process and this might well be the result.

For a single-entry tourist visa from a faraway country where the flight in itself is expensive, it really is quite pointless to ask for proof of having 20,000 baht in the bank.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, frankstraube said:

It is to be expected because the requirements from the embassy usually exceeds those from the eVisa. I always have to merge some of the files into one and add a first blank page explaining what documents are in the merged  file. Works everytime. Merging pdf files is simple and can be done on some free websites if you don't have a pdf editing software.

Ok Frank, please tell me where you merged a bank statement onto. I could merge it onto my apartment reservation. I doubt all these thousands of people are doing this but it couldn't hurt. Seems crazy that there is no specific place for it.

Insert the merged files into any slot available. That is what i always do, and i never had any visa denied. I can't see of any other solution. And by adding a first page listing the included files you are sure they will get everything they are asking for. Of course you could omit sending your bank statement and wait hopefully that they won't need it or that they will eventually ask you for it, but i would not bet on that. Waste of time, and easier for them to simply deny the visa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwaynehoover said:

Ok Frank, please tell me where you merged a bank statement onto. I could merge it onto my apartment reservation. I doubt all these thousands of people are doing this but it couldn't hurt. Seems crazy that there is no specific place for it.

I believe its on the last page. You may want to double check it as I did one about 1.5 months ago and it was there. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, Dan O said:

I believe its on the last page. You may want to double check it as I did one about 1.5 months ago and it was there. 

If I had omitted a slot, it would not have let me finish the application, I triple checked. But I am getting old and goofy. I merged the bank statement with my apartment reservation. Hopefully they will see it. I will mention here as to what happens. How long did your's take to process? Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dwaynehoover said:

If I had omitted a slot, it would not have let me finish the application, I triple checked. But I am getting old and goofy. I merged the bank statement with my apartment reservation. Hopefully they will see it. I will mention here as to what happens. How long did your's take to process? Thanks

Mine was done in 4 days 

29 minutes ago, uzynkotak said:

Do you have to be in the US to apply for a METV visa from the US? What if you maintain a mailing address in the US but spend most of the time abroad, how would they check?

Since the e-Visa system was introduced you can be anywhere really. You don't get the visa glued into your passport anymore. You just get a digital version that you can print.

16 minutes ago, uzynkotak said:

Dont you have to provide proof of residency to apply for METV?

Yes you do. And you have to apply at the respective embassy/consulate that is relevant for your foreign place of residence. But there is no way to check if you yourself are currently in that place. For example if you live in New York then you apply online and choose the New York consulate to process the application. You submit some proof of residence for New York. You can do that while visiting family in Canada. You do have to show your flight booking and I don't know if it would raise questions if that showed you were flying from Canada for example.

1 hour ago, uzynkotak said:

Do you have to be in the US to apply for a METV visa from the US? What if you maintain a mailing address in the US but spend most of the time abroad, how would they check?

One issue you have, besides lying about your current location, is the probable need to falsify the passport page copies you are told to provide.

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

One issue you have, besides lying about your current location, is the probable need to falsify the passport page copies you are told to provide.

They only ask for the biodata page of the passport. What pages are you thinking of that would make someone falsify them? The passport info is not related to the proof of residence stuff.

24 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

They only ask for the biodata page of the passport. What pages are you thinking of that would make someone falsify them? The passport info is not related to the proof of residence stuff.

Maybe, you will be lucky and your consulate not ask for this, but common is

Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.

(See, for instance, https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr-metv)

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

Maybe, you will be lucky and your consulate not ask for this, but common is

(See, for instance, https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr-metv)

Wow, so they didn't unify the system even between EU countries? They don't ask for this on the Munich page. Is it just an old page on the helsinki website or does the e-Visa system really ask for those pages?

6 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Is it just an old page on the helsinki website or does the e-Visa system really ask for those pages?

It is a new rule that was introduced when the e-visa system started providing visas by email, and the embassy/consulate no longer got to see your actual passport as part of the application process.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is a new rule that was introduced when the e-visa system started providing visas by email, and the embassy/consulate no longer got to see your actual passport as part of the application process.

That means the e-Visa system is dynamic depending on the chosen embassy/consulate because I went through the system not long ago and it didn't ask for those pages. It didn't ask for financial proof either weirdly.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2023 at 6:58 AM, eisfeld said:

That means the e-Visa system is dynamic depending on the chosen embassy/consulate because I went through the system not long ago and it didn't ask for those pages. It didn't ask for financial proof either weirdly.

Can you confirm that the visa was approved without having submitted the financial proof? Which embassy/consulate was chosen when you applied?

19 minutes ago, wml22 said:

Can you confirm that the visa was approved without having submitted the financial proof? Which embassy/consulate was chosen when you applied?

On the application to the London Embassy there is only a dropdown box to tick which asks how much you earn per year.

No proof was sasked for.

In the UK the financial evidence requirements are not needed anymore, this happened at the same time that the ME non O were withdrawn .   at least that was the situation last month I can only assume, from the OP that the US has followed suit 

For those struggling to "merge" several pages of documents into one file simply open all the documents in Adobe and print ( using the microsoft "print to pdf"" option)   easy and free

On 11/1/2023 at 5:33 AM, dwaynehoover said:

I did not pay the $40 yet because I am worried as to why there was no place to put the bank statement under supporting documents. It had all the other documents listed except this. I triple checked and no sign of that. There was no other place to add an extra document  either. Has anyone heard of this. I did check that I have previously been to Thailand and applied for thai visas before. Could that be why? Anyone heard of this happening? Thanks

If they don't ask for it then they obviously don't want it.   No need to over think things,     

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mlkik said:

On the application to the London Embassy there is only a dropdown box to tick which asks how much you earn per year.

No proof was sasked for.

I thought the e-visa was one website application for all countries to use? If so shouldn't all applicants have the same requirements to upload (or not)

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

I thought the e-visa was one website application for all countries to use? If so shouldn't all applicants have the same requirements to upload (or not)

It is one website that you apply to but depending on where you live determines which Embassy will process your application.

It seems that different Embassies have different requirements.

Not ideal but typical for Thailand.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:44 AM, BritTim said:

Not required if your application is being processed by the London Embassy.