King Charles stops short of apology for ‘abhorrent’ colonial violence in Kenya

Social Media

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps you should learn from King Charles and read up on the atrocities to which his apology refers.

It might challenge a few of your ideas and beliefs on the Empire.

It probably wouldn’t but at least you’d know the history you are trying to obfuscate.

You mean about the empire being pivotal in the ending of the slave trade? Those beliefs?

Apology? Did you even read the OP???

image.png.4bb7aa1db8e9f4661bf4b365a7f045fd.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TimeMachine said:

While you are at , free Julian Assange. England is doing no better than China at human rights. Disgusting behaviour continues. 

I think China, like the UK imprisons people who break laws.

Though I doubt that in China he would have been given the opportunity to jump a bail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s’ ‘anti-Brit’ about acknowledge facts of British history?

It might be ‘anti-historical myth’, it might even be a bit uncomfortable for Brits to hear the facts of the history of the British in Kenya, but it’s meaningless to suggest it’s ‘anti-Brit’.

In reading these pages for many years, I know who comes out of the woodwork to trash their country...OK.........:thumbsup:

Perhaps you as an American never notice that kind of thing....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think China, like the UK imprisons people who break laws.

Though I doubt that in China he would have been given the opportunity to jump a bail.

Problem is , it's not about him breaking a law in England at all. England need to decide whether to release him or send him to America or his homeland Australia. Imprisoning him for England not coming to a conclusion. Evil stuff that makes some think England has the right to imprison someone for breaking a law in another country. Don't be fooled.

This happened hundreds of years ago those who would need the compensation are long gone 

It's now all about Money 💰 for those not affected these countries get plenty of foreign aid from the UK 

it's about time these woke people wake up and get on with their lives 

Mind you King Charles  with all his wealth could give a few pounds if he is feeling guilty about where his wealth came from 🥳

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Problem is , it's not about him breaking a law in England at all. England need to decide whether to release him or send him to America or his homeland Australia. Imprisoning him for England not coming to a conclusion. Evil stuff that makes some think England has the right to imprison someone for breaking a law in another country. Don't be fooled.

Ill informed nonsense.

Here are some facts.

Assange jumped bail (a crime).

He was eventually returned to prison.

The US issued an arrest warrant and an extradition request.

Assange applied for bail, it was refused (well given his history of jumping bail).

Assange appealed his extradition and has been afforded the rights to appeal.

He remains in custody until is appeals are completed.

He will then either be released or extradited.

He is only now in a UK prison because he is enjoying his rights to appeal and because he has a history of ju

ping bail.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

The King's words, as reported in The Guardian, seem deeply apologetic - unequivocally so.

[apology - a regretful acknowledgment of an offense or failure]

We all have our opinion, I see his words, as I normally do, as just his usual pompous and insincere comment and with no real meaning.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

BLM don't also bang on about colonialism and centuries old "wrongs"? Who knew...

King Charles might do well do focus on issues closer to home like his Nazi uniform wearing errant son, who is partial to calling Asians the P word. At least he stopped short of apologizing or taking the knee. 

Harry wore that 'fancy dress' ONCE, and his mate who he called <deleted> was OK with it. 

• Sad 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

We outlawed it. Never kept slaves, unlike the Americans.

We finished paying for it in 2015. Meaning MY taxes helped pay for the end of slavery. Yes, MY taxes. You're welcome.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/17/government-finished-paying-uks-slavery-debt-2015/

Something you Brit hating Democrats would do well to remember.

I’ve provided a link to the history you weren’t taught at school.

I see you are slipping into I’ll informed personal attacks.

I suggest learning from King Charles and reading up on the actual history of the events to which he referred and this thread relates might be a better use of your energy.

You would at least wind up better informed.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ill informed nonsense.

Here are some facts.

Assange jumped bail (a crime).

He was eventually returned to prison.

The US issued an arrest warrant and an extradition request.

Assange applied for bail, it was refused (well given his history of jumping bail).

Assange appealed his extradition and has been afforded the rights to appeal.

He remains in custody until is appeals are completed.

He will then either be released or extradited.

He is only now in a UK prison because he is enjoying his rights to appeal and because he has a history of ju

ping bail.

I consider your words fact but abhorrent fact. Explaining Tyranny to every fact doesn't make it good.

The man does not deserve what the English government have forced upon him. If you think so I include you as part of an evil group protecting self interests. 

The insignificant small time crime of trying to hide from tyranny he has commited does not warrant England's response. Evil parts of England still there.

The hardest fact for you to probably grasp is he pissed of America and they seek revenge. 

Just now, TimeMachine said:

I consider your words fact but abhorrent fact. Explaining Tyranny to every fact doesn't make it good.

The man does not deserve what the English government have forced upon him. If you think so I include you as part of an evil group protecting self interests. 

The insignificant small time crime of trying to hide from tyranny he has commited does not warrant England's response. Evil parts of England still there.

The hardest fact for you to probably grasp is he pissed of America and they seek revenge. 

You can request a thread on the matter.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Harry wore that 'fancy dress' ONCE, and his mate who he called <deleted> was OK with it. 

Of course he wasn't OK with it. He just couldn't say anything because Prince Harry is, you know, a Prince. In the British Army. 

Defending racism. Wow. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You can request a thread on the matter.

I post remarks daily on YouTube about it as I see YouTube as the best free speech platform at the moment. Just today on a video with Roger Waters supporting Assange.

Hopefully the world now understands when England , Australia and America bad mouth China they just look like hypocrites.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve provided a link to the history you weren’t taught at school.

I see you are slipping into I’ll informed personal attacks.

I suggest learning from King Charles and reading up on the actual history of the events to which he referred and this thread relates might be a better use of your energy.

You would at least wind up better informed.

The Brits ended the slave trade. My taxes helped pay the debt for doing so.

Meanwhile, the Americans kept slaves. 

These are facts.

Maybe you should focus on the atrocities of your own country, of which there are many (and far more recent).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

and his mate who he called <deleted> was OK with it. 

Someone from Wales= Taffy, from Ireland= Paddy, England = Pommie (if you're Aussie), Norway = Noggie, Pakistan = deleted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1