King Charles stops short of apology for ‘abhorrent’ colonial violence in Kenya

Social Media

1 minute ago, transam said:

Aaaah, now the moderators' ploy......😋

You attack GB, I assume you are not British, I asked you your country, so I can make a comparison, you bottled it...........:clap2:

You start out with a falsehood " You attack GB", and then for some reason you think my nationality is relevant. Once again, I have little use for the Tories or Brexit.  But the policies of the Tories or Brexit are not GB.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, placeholder said:

You start out with a falsehood " You attack GB", and then for some reason you think my nationality is relevant. Once again, I have little use for the Tories or Brexit.  But the policies of the Tories or Brexit are not GB.

You bottled it.......😉

• Like 1

Might be better if some other country recolonized the UK and got to work on the NH for starters.

It's the NHS, take a note of that. How is your countries "NHS" type service doing, is it totally free for all.....?  😊

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Might be better if some other country recolonized the UK and got to work on the NH for starters.

Well other countries are certainly providing significant numbers of doctors nurses, health professionals and auxiliary staff to the UK’s NHS.

Without access to immigrant staff the NHS would collapse (more than it is already being caused to do so).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

It's the NHS, take a note of that. How is your countries "NHS" type service doing, is it totally free for all.....?  😊

That's your justification? That it's still free? Not if you want timely care.

Record number of Brits paying for medical treatment amid NHS backlog crisis

• Around 227,000 people sought private treatment in the first 3 months of 2023
  • The NHS waiting list is now the highest since records began in August 2007 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12509757/Record-number-Brits-paying-medical-treatment-amid-NHS-backlog-crisis.html

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12509757/Record-number-Brits-paying-medical-treatment-amid-NHS-backlog-crisis.html

It’s take the Tories 14 years to achieve that, but they got there in the end.

• Haha 1

The NHS is free, if folk want to speed things up, they can pay private.

How about your country, is it free.......?

Don't bottle it this time.......😁

The NHS is free, if folk want to speed things up, they can pay private.

How about your country, is it free.......?

Don't bottle it this time.......😁

Actually you're the one doing the bottling. Got no defense for the Tories' dreadful management?

And I do wonder how many people in the UK seek medical care because of exposure to the UK's newly polluted waters. 

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Quoting the daily mail is like quoting Fox news!

Yes there are backlogs. There have always been backlogs, there will always be backlogs. Covid didn't help. The point is that healthcare is free. Sometimes you have to wait.

On a personal level, I've used the NHS for operations and never had to wait more than 2-3 weeks but having said that, its time to revamp the NHS so that it's priority is for critical care only.

• Confused 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The NHS is not free it’s paid for by taxes, including by the taxes paid by immigrants. 

It is paid by National Insurance etc, it is free to the user.

Rich or poor, it is free.......But of course you will cloud that fact.....🤭

A question for you, if a non-working low life criminal falls off a ladder breaking into a house, taken to hospital, how much is the bloke charged, % wise will do.......?😉

No apology from the Kenians 

On 11/2/2023 at 11:35 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

You too need to learn from a King Charles and read up on this shameful history.

The events to which Charles referred and this thread related did not happen hundreds of years ago, they took place on the period between the end of WW2 and Kenyan Independence in 1962.

People who lived through this history are alive today, victims of the atrocities are alive today, people who lost parents and siblings to these atrocities are alive today.

The American committed plenty of atrocities on innocent people in Vietnam and with the bombs they dropped on Laos and Cambodia. When did a president go to those countries and apologise?

On 11/2/2023 at 11:35 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

You too need to learn from a King Charles and read up on this shameful history.

The events to which Charles referred and this thread related did not happen hundreds of years ago, they took place on the period between the end of WW2 and Kenyan Independence in 1962.

People who lived through this history are alive today, victims of the atrocities are alive today, people who lost parents and siblings to these atrocities are alive today.

Yes agree this happened in the 50s so accept your point 

I was thinking more  of the days of slavery over 200 years ago which some people can't get over the past and the ones in the present want financial reward 

For some thing that did  not affect them in the here and now 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually you're the one doing the bottling. Got no defense for the Tories' dreadful management?

And I do wonder how many people in the UK seek medical care because of exposure to the UK's newly polluted waters. 

Don't be silly, I don't need to defend the Tories, but you want to slag them off, a non-Brit......😂

Now you're talking about sewage........😂

Get a grip man, just let us know how well your country is doing for a comparison. 🤭

Just now, transam said:

It is paid by National Insurance etc, it is free to the user.

Rich or poor, it is free.......But of course you will cloud that fact.....🤭

A question for you, if a non-working low life criminal falls off a ladder breaking into a house, taken to hospital, how much is the bloke charged, % wise will do.......?😉

The ‘etc’ you refer to is General Taxation.

I don’t know any non-working low life criminals, although O do know a member of the House of Lords and a couple of blokes with hereditary titles, although I don’t imagine them working much let alone falling off ladders 

Just now, Chelseafan said:

Quoting the daily mail is like quoting Fox news!

Yes there are backlogs. There have always been backlogs, there will always be backlogs. Covid didn't help. The point is that healthcare is free. Sometimes you have to wait.

On a personal level, I've used the NHS for operations and never had to wait more than 2-3 weeks but having said that, its time to revamp the NHS so that it's priority is for critical care only.

You think they're bad. What about those alarmsts at the BMA?

image.png.8f383e35dd7114c8584fa8bb0777efe4.png

image.png.0294e88331749c22c02af957bce49f99.png

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/nhs-delivery-and-workforce/pressures/nhs-backlog-data-analysis

5 minutes ago, proton said:

No apology from the Kenians 

The American committed plenty of atrocities on innocent people in Vietnam and with the bombs they dropped on Laos and Cambodia. When did a president go to those countries and apologise?

We should have a thread on that.

This isn’t it.

4 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Yes agree this happened in the 50s so accept your point 

I was thinking more  of the days of slavery over 200 years ago which some people can't get over the past and the ones in the present want financial reward 

For some thing that did  not affect them in the here and now 

We should perhaps have a thread on that too.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The ‘etc’ you refer to is General Taxation.

I don’t know any non-working low life criminals, although O do know a member of the House of Lords and a couple of blokes with hereditary titles, although I don’t imagine them working much let alone falling off ladders 

So you will not answer my question because you know I am right, and you will be on the back foot.....🤗

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't be silly, I don't need to defend the Tories, but you want to slag them off, a non-Brit......😂

Now you're talking about sewage........😂

Get a grip man, just let us know how well your country is doing for a comparison. 🤭

In fact, given the general tenor of your comments, I suspect the tories would be grateful to you for not defending them. But keep bottling.

So you will not answer my question because you know I am right, and you will be on the back foot.....🤗

The NHS is free at the point of delivery.

It is paid for out of NI and General Taxation, so by everyone who works and by anyone who pays any tax whatsoever in the UK.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:31 PM, Keep Right said:

I am not British but as someone who has traveled throughout Kenya and much of Africa, I have witnessed the many extensive projects that the British have built to improve the lives of Africans. I seriously think that many lives would have been lost due to starvation, disease, wars, accidents and others if the British would not have colonized parts of Africa.

I agree, Kenya and Africa would still be in the stone age if it was not for the British. Under the British you could travel to many countries in Africa, now it is a no-go continent mired in wars.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

In fact, given the general tenor of your comments, I suspect the tories would be grateful to you for not defending them. But keep bottling.

Can't mention your own country, but slag off others...Nothing changes with you. 😒