Thai lottery fraudster nabbed for 180 million baht scam

webfact

image.jpeg

Law enforcement officers today, led by Colonel Santichai Srisawad, in conjunction with Major General Montree Teskan, arrested a 40 year old woman in connection with Thai lottery fraud. The suspected woman was a reputed figure in the Thai lottery scene.

Arrested under a warrant issued by the Kantharalak Provincial Court on September 6, she was accused of impersonation and defamation of state institutions.

Duangkamon, also known as Je Koy, reportedly persuaded her victims to purchase government lottery quotas at discounted prices by claiming she had influential connections.

Numerous individuals, convinced by her ruse, transferred money to Duangkamon in hopes of reselling the lottery tickets for a profit. However, they never received the promised Thai lottery tickets, discovering later that the alleged quota was nonexistent.

The victims, who collectively lost over 180 million baht (US$ 4,964,763), reported the case to the police, leading to Thai lottery fraudster’s arrest, reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Duangkamon, also known as Je Koy, reportedly persuaded her victims to purchase government lottery quotas at discounted prices by claiming she had influential connections.

what did you do with those 180 million, Je Koy? the cheap clothes you're wearing were probably bought in a small market like so many in thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The whole Thai lottery is a gigantic scam from start to finish... starting with the lack of official pricing being enforced (that's a minimum of 20 baht per ticket that does not go to prize monies) which results in lower payouts... but you pay your money... you take your chances.

Yeterday I bought a ticket ending in 51, for Bht 100 of course, and got an excited call from GF saying that the last two digits on the BIG prize were 5 & 1. We had won.

Even she does not know how this ridiculous lottery works, when the big 6 digit ticket wins Bht 6M, then another 100 tickets are drawn for 2nd prize, THEN another 100 for 3rd prize and so on.

If I had put Bht 100 on the illegal lottery with no 51, I would be Bht 4000 better off. I know for next time, but do not know which number to choose.

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yeterday I bought a ticket ending in 51, for Bht 100 of course, and got an excited call from GF saying that the last two digits on the BIG prize were 5 & 1. We had won.

Even she does not know how this ridiculous lottery works, when the big 6 digit ticket wins Bht 6M, then another 100 tickets are drawn for 2nd prize, THEN another 100 for 3rd prize and so on.

If I had put Bht 100 on the illegal lottery with no 51, I would be Bht 4000 better off. I know for next time, but do not know which number to choose.

You seem confused and wrong. You did not win anything. The winning two-number prize was 63. The Mafia lottery is where last two or last three numbers of the main draw (six numbers) are used. There are no 100 second or third prizes. 5 second prizes 200k and 10 third prizes 80k, so on.