Jealous husband shoots wife before suicide, wife survives attack

snoop1130

397962706_818715826928269_4369496568416362979_n.jpg

A jealous husband shot his wife several times in a rented house in Bangkok’s Khlong Toey district and then committed suicide, believing her to be dead. The wife survived the attack but remains in critical condition.

Officers from Tha Rue Police Station and a rescue team rushed to the house on Art Narong Road in Khlong Toey district at 1am today, November 2, to transfer the 25 year old woman, Pattama Kongkasai, to the hospital.

Pattama was found lying on the first floor of the house with a serious gunshot wound to the head. Four to five bullet shells were found in the house. She reported that the assailant was her husband, 30 year old Wanchai Juejoy, who fled the house on his Honda Click motorbike after the shooting.

At the same time, officers at Bang Pong Pang Police Station received a report of a suicide on Rama 3 Road in Bangkok’s Yanawa district. Officers rushed to investigate and discovered that the deceased was Wanchai.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ สำนักข่าว Thailandnews

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

397962706_818715826928269_4369496568416362979_n.jpg

A jealous husband shot his wife ...

Jealous ? I bet he had mental problems .

I always consider these types to have emotional problems i.e. cannot control their emotions and act without thought, often spoiled as a child and expect everything to be for their benefit. I consider mental issues to be actual illnesses diagnosed by a psychiatrist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RobU said:

I always consider these types to have emotional problems i.e. cannot control their emotions and act without thought, often spoiled as a child and expect everything to be for their benefit.

That seems to be quite common here, and that is why there is so much violence often over the most trivial things. They explode over nothing. I guess moderation just isn't taught as a part of Thai culture.

• Like 1