YouTube blocking

Bangkok Barry

11 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

This is a zero issue. Everyone have the option to pay for youtube premium, without ads. If not, just suck it up.

I'm Brave and I've never paid for YouTube and I never will. Why make rich scam artists any richer than they already are?

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Does Firefox block the YT ads?

For me yes it has.............. I dont know why or how  people get different result using the same program but some seem to.        FF has an array of programs (all free of course) all about privacy , Privacy Badger deletes your cookie as soon as you leave the site.....Facebook fence -puts a fence around Facebook stops it following you when you sign out--- There is a free VPN if you want to use it---- most programmers  put their new stuff on there to try out---you can send a small donation to them if you want--but mostly they want feed back from the millions who try it. I am not really up on computers, but I do find its an easy one to use.

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I still get YT ads on a smart TV.

Same.

Actually doesn't bother me to much.  I'm offered 3 months of free premium YouTube every 3 or 4 months. 

Anyways I enjoy YouTube more than any other media available.

I had Netflix but I never used it. 

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Same.

Actually doesn't bother me to much.  I'm offered 3 months of free premium YouTube every 3 or 4 months. 

Anyways I enjoy YouTube more than any other media available.

I had Netflix but I never used it. 

Can you use the 3 month free more than once?

Just now, giddyup said:

Can you use the 3 month free more than once?

Seems that way.  However I've got 5 accounts.   The kids, mom, Yai, etc.   Eventually an account gets a promotion code. 

I've got one account with an add blocker.  Ill see if I get a warning this evening.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NextG said:

Perhaps you are doing something different from I. Are you signed in? I am not. 

If you are ‘migrating’, it sounds as if you have content. 
In that case a cheap Premium account might be more suitable. 

Sorry, migrating was not a good word. Not content provider, just user, but looking for content elsewhere.

You are right that a premium subscription would fix the ad issue, but even though I like the massive content, it pains me to register (and pay, even a small amount) to Google/Alphabet, a company I do not respect at all. And yes, you can call me a hypocrite, I will not take issue with that. I might end up giving in and subscribing, also because I watch a lot of YT via Apple TV, and there I cannot use an adblocker (unless I block at the moden/browser level, which I currently cannot do, and they will block that as well soon).

I normally subscribe, like to Netflix and newssites, and never use pirate software. So it is a confusing and frustrating life in the digital domain.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

I still get YT ads on a smart TV.

You could try SMARTTUBE (next)
Thats an alternative youtube client which comes with an embedded adblocker.
I am using Smarttube on my "smart" TV and it runs like a charm. No ads, no sponsor block, no in-roll ads

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, atpeace said:

And you get YouTube music thrown in which is good as Spotify.  Still adds though because they embed them in the videos. 

Love the youtube music, I have some great playlists, I dont watch music vids though.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I use Brave and YouTube blocks my viewing. I'll play around and see if there's a setting I can change.

I had the same problem when I started using Brave. Turned out I had inadvertently transported "AdBlock Plus" to my Brave extensions.  Brave has it's own built-in ad blocker.  It was the "adBlockPlus that was triggering YT blocking.  As soon as I uninstalled "AdBlockPlus" from Brave, YT blocks went away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Sorry, migrating was not a good word. Not content provider, just user, but looking for content elsewhere.

You are right that a premium subscription would fix the ad issue, but even though I like the massive content, it pains me to register (and pay, even a small amount) to Google/Alphabet, a company I do not respect at all. And yes, you can call me a hypocrite, I will not take issue with that. I might end up giving in and subscribing, also because I watch a lot of YT via Apple TV, and there I cannot use an adblocker (unless I block at the moden/browser level, which I currently cannot do, and they will block that as well soon).

I normally subscribe, like to Netflix and newssites, and never use pirate software. So it is a confusing and frustrating life in the digital domain.

Okay, I managed to replicate the issue and got the countdown to 3. I don’t know what happens after that since I just switched on the Browser’s free VPN and that ‘problem’ went away. 
My feeling is that is just a marketing drive. To push at least some people to sign up for Premium. Some might do it. Others will just work around and/or wait them out. 

7 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I'm Brave and I've never paid for YouTube and I never will. Why make rich scam artists any richer than they already are?

What rich scam artists??? They offer an option to pay for not getting the commercial. It´s called Youtube Premium

On 11/2/2023 at 10:01 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Exactly. I did look at that, but it's a bit fiddly. Disabling, entering code. Okay for those who want to mess around like that, but not necessary for those who don't. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:46 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Simply copy the address of the particular video you want to watch and paste it into one of several websites that allow you to download YouTube videos. They include YouTube downloader, SaveFrom, Convert YouTube and  DownloadYouTube Videos.

You can save it and then watch on whatever you choose. I tend to transfer to a usb and watch on my tv.

Well I am slighlty at a loss to see how uBlock Origin is any more fiddly than the method of saving all videos to a USB from another web site! FWIW I have uBlock installed and it sorted itself out, nothing to do from me and no ads on YouTube and the videos all load.