YouTube blocking

Bangkok Barry

On 11/4/2023 at 12:48 AM, mstevens said:

Me too. I am staggered that so many people are so cheap and refuse to pay this paltry amount.

I went to pay it with my Aussie Paypal account and it wouldn't allow it, so I put up with ads for a week or so... then I started my ad blockers again (ABP & Origin), and in a week I haven't had any warnings.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, NextG said:

Another one somewhat preoccupied with money…

I don’t look down on those who have little or nothing. 

This thread is not about that. It´s about no need to see ads only buy paying 30 usd per month. Even persons with almost nothing can live with that.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

This thread is not about that. It´s about no need to see ads only buy paying 30 usd per month. Even persons with almost nothing can live with that.

Are you one who ‘knows’ the price of everything and the value of nothing?

So many of your posts revolve around money. That those who don’t have enough don’t qualify. It’s truly pathetic. 
You think that because someone makes a demand that we should all jump to attention? Are Google making a loss on YouTube that they need my money? I say no. No means no. It’s not about the money; it’s my choice. For you, it’s ALWAYS about the money. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The benefits of premium membership far outweigh the hassles of ad blocking. You get access to the special 1080p resolution, a music subscription and no ads. I use the family subscription for 299 baht and my family back in the UK can also use it. Everyone has dumped their Spotify subscriptions so it's a real bargain for us.

49 minutes ago, Medicine Man said:

The benefits of premium membership far outweigh the hassles of ad blocking. You get access to the special 1080p resolution, a music subscription and no ads. I use the family subscription for 299 baht and my family back in the UK can also use it. Everyone has dumped their Spotify subscriptions so it's a real bargain for us.

Special 1080p? What are you talking? Music subscription? I can download anything I want from there anyway. There are no ad-blocking hassles. I don’t see any ads, so where is the hassle?

So now they have even more of your data, your mobile number, address, credit card details. Way to go 🙄 You’ve not only sold your soul but you are paying them to take it away. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, NextG said:

Special 1080p? What are you talking? Music subscription? I can download anything I want from there anyway. There are no ad-blocking hassles. I don’t see any ads, so where is the hassle?

So now they have even more of your data, your mobile number, address, credit card details. Way to go 🙄 You’ve not only sold your soul but you are paying them to take it away. 

So you don't value the higher quality video or higher quality music streaming than the free option? It's a veritable bargain given the price in Thailand..

4 minutes ago, Medicine Man said:

So you don't value the higher quality video or higher quality music streaming than the free option? It's a veritable bargain given the price in Thailand..

If there is higher quality video available, I can get it. I don’t get my music via YouTube. Low quality. I am interested only in Lossless. 

10 minutes ago, Medicine Man said:

I’m not saying that no one should subscribe. If it suits you and you are happy to do so, that’s up to you. I don’t utilise YouTube to the extent that I want nor need a subscription. Equally, I do not desire unwanted intrusions on my devices. My choice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, NextG said:

Are you one who ‘knows’ the price of everything and the value of nothing?

So many of your posts revolve around money. That those who don’t have enough don’t qualify. It’s truly pathetic. 
You think that because someone makes a demand that we should all jump to attention? Are Google making a loss on YouTube that they need my money? I say no. No means no. It’s not about the money; it’s my choice. For you, it’s ALWAYS about the money. 

No, you think that everything is about money for me, just because you choose to do that. Never said Google is making any loss. A shop do not make any loss on ketchup either, but that does not mean you steal the potato. It´s also not about any qualification. Just pointed out that 30 usd, for a right, legal and 100 % ad free Youtube was not much. You might not agree to that, nor that even if not have much money, 30 usd is not much at all. If so, just go on but n my world companies have always put a price on their services. So does Google.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NextG said:

Are you drunken, sir?

First of all, the price in Thailand is around US$5 monthly and less than US$3 monthly via AIS. What kind of idiot would pay US$30  to avoid seeing ads? How is that different from paying extortion money to gangsters?

No, they are my devices. If I don’t want to see ads, I can and will block them. YouTube/Google do not own the content. They are free to shut down any time they like. Someone else will happily take their place. 
They are welcome to try to block my access to viewing material they don’t own. They will fail. It’s a marketing drive. To try to persuade the gullible to sign up and give them money. You are free to do so if you wish. 

No, I am not drunk. At the same time you are very wrong. Google does not try to block any content they do not own. You do not understand the system. Google is a search engine, where it is possible to add and list web content. They have rules for the ones who list and add content as well as for the ones who view content. They have the right to not show content, or block your access through their services to all or specific part of the content. You can still access the content from another browser or by other services that are showing the same content, if people chose to upload it there and make it available to the public.

You are free to block ads through which third party application, subscription or service that you wish. However, that will not make Google approve your blocking service, which is what I have been pointing out here. So if you want to use Google, be sure to access all content without ads and commercial from services owned by Alphabet INC. (Google), then the only sure and approved way is to pay for a Youtube Premium subscription in the matter regarding the thread. After that, you can call it stupid if you want. That´s your choice! However, I am happy to be stupid in your eyes, pay my 30 usd per month, and have access to all content ad and commercial free.

On 11/2/2023 at 10:36 PM, NextG said:

Just click to close the box down and then click to continue playing the video… why the drama?

Thats what i was doing but then after a while they allow three videos to be watched after that they block you

1 minute ago, NextG said:

MaybI ask….are you a moron? Steal? The meal comes with onions. I don’t like onions nor your stupid analogy. 
You missed the point. YouTube/Google do not own the content. The content is uploaded freely. I watch it freely. It is not dependent on me having to view advertisements. 
Do you force yourself to watch the advertisements between TV programs because otherwise you would regard yourself as stealing it?

You sir, are an *****! Fill in the blanks for yourself.

Your every post comes with a ‘holier than thou’ attitude. You are plainly ridiculous. 

First, I must commend you on your very great ability to make a conversation without losing control by name calling and foul as well as disguised language. I did not miss any point. You are uploading free content to a company owned service. You are watching content online listed in a company owned service. You are obligated to read the terms and conditions for the service. I recommend you do that, and you will see that the content uploaded are free on the service, if the user follow the terms and conditions. In other circumstances, the service is offering a choice to pay for ad and commercial free content by a monthly subscription.

And, no I do not force myself to look at TV commercial between programs or in the middle of them, as I have an option to not look without paying or the risk of being blocked.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I am not drunk. At the same time you are very wrong. Google does not try to block any content they do not own. You do not understand the system. Google is a search engine, where it is possible to add and list web content. They have rules for the ones who list and add content as well as for the ones who view content. They have the right to not show content, or block your access through their services to all or specific part of the content. You can still access the content from another browser or by other services that are showing the same content, if people chose to upload it there and make it available to the public.

You are free to block ads through which third party application, subscription or service that you wish. However, that will not make Google approve your blocking service, which is what I have been pointing out here. So if you want to use Google, be sure to access all content without ads and commercial from services owned by Alphabet INC. (Google), then the only sure and approved way is to pay for a Youtube Premium subscription in the matter regarding the thread. After that, you can call it stupid if you want. That´s your choice! However, I am happy to be stupid in your eyes, pay my 30 usd per month, and have access to all content ad and commercial free.

If they don’t try to block any content they don’t own and they don’t own any of the content… what’s the issue?

You are posting absolute nonsense. If you post such rubbish when you aren’t even drunk…

My choice is to filter out any unwarranted intrusion to my device. 

They don’t own the content and they don’t own my devices either. I can view the free to view content freely and I can choose to block whatever I deem intrusive. No question. 
Google/YouTube have nothing to say in the matter. Not legally; not in any way. 
Not much different from extortion. Give us money and we won’t ruin your experience with advertisements ☺️

How is that different from thugs demanding protection money for something that don’t own?
Thanks for the offer Google, I can take care of the advertisements myself. 
Let weakhearts like Gottfrid hand over the cash. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

First, I must commend you on your very great ability to make a conversation without losing control by name calling and foul as well as disguised language. I did not miss any point. You are uploading free content to a company owned service. You are watching content online listed in a company owned service. You are obligated to read the terms and conditions for the service. I recommend you do that, and you will see that the content uploaded are free on the service, if the user follow the terms and conditions. In other circumstances, the service is offering a choice to pay for ad and commercial free content by a monthly subscription.

And, no I do not force myself to look at TV commercial between programs or in the middle of them, as I have an option to not look without paying or the risk of being blocked.

Name calling? You called me a thief, you numbskull ☺️ YouTube is free to view. There is NOTHING anywhere that states that I have to view advertisements to use the service. Show me?
I’m not uploading anything. You are just making it up as you go along. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

If they don’t try to block any content they don’t own and they don’t own any of the content… what’s the issue?

You are posting absolute nonsense. If you post such rubbish when you aren’t even drunk…

My choice is to filter out any unwarranted intrusion to my device. 

They don’t own the content and they don’t own my devices either. I can view the free to view content free and I can choose to block whatever I deem intrusive. No question. 
Google/YouTube have nothing to say in the matter. No legally; not in any way. 
Not much different from extortion. Give us money and we won’t ruin your experience with advertisements ☺️

How is that different from thugs demanding protection money for something that don’t own?
Thanks for the offer Google, I can take care of the advertisements myself. 
Let weakhearts like Gottfrid hand over the cash. 

But, please. Can you listen to common sense. What you think, and what opinion you have regarding this, does not change the legality in Google blocking your access to certain content. Once again, I advice you to read the terms and conditions for You Tube (Google owned service). If you do not agree with the terms and conditions for the service, you are free to watch the content on other services that might or might no have the same content uploaded. A person that use a service from a company, also automatically agrees to follow the terms and conditions for the service. In this case, that means Google/You Tube have the right to block the content streamed through their services for people who do not follow the terms and conditions. That can´t be to hard to understand, right?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That’s okay, I’m not afraid of the risk of being blocked. You can pay if you are afraid. 
Meanwhile you can cut and paste the ‘terms and conditions’ that you claim to have read and tell me where it states that I need to view ads to utilise the service. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

But, please. Can you listen to common sense. What you think, and what opinion you have regarding this, does not change the legality in Google blocking your access to certain content. Once again, I advice you to read the terms and conditions for You Tube (Google owned service). If you do not agree with the terms and conditions for the service, you are free to watch the content on other services that might or might no have the same content uploaded. A person that use a service from a company, also automatically agrees to follow the terms and conditions for the service. In this case, that means Google/You Tube have the right to block the content streamed through their services for people who do not follow the terms and conditions. That can´t be to hard to understand, right?

I’m happy to read the excerpt where it states that legally I am compelled to view ads to utilise the service. Please post that paragraph here. Thank you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

They cannot block anything. You are an idiot if you think that they can. It’s a marketing drive. 

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

Name calling? You called me a thief, you numbskull ☺️ YouTube is free to view. There is NOTHING anywhere that states that I have to view advertisements to use the service. Show me?
I’m not uploading anything. You are just making it up as you go along. 

Yes, This is a simplified version. What you need to know, stands under Your Content and Conduct. Happy reading. 🙂 Try to understand what you read, because I can´t help you with that. I only provide the information. https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I understand it upsets you that you have to pay to have no ads whilst others have the same experience without having to pay. A fool and his money eh?

• Sad 1

Just now, NextG said:

I understand it upsets you that you have to pay to have no ads whilst others have the same experience without having to pay. A fool and his money eh?

I know there are other ways, but not any way legal according to the terms and conditions of the service.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, This is a simplified version. What you need to know, stands under Your Content and Conduct. Happy reading. 🙂 Try to understand what you read, because I can´t help you with that. I only provide the information. https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms

Read it. I’m a speed reader. NOTHING in there about having to view advertisements.

If you disagree, show me the paragraph where you think it exists. You cannot because it is not there.  

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

They cannot block anything. You are an idiot if you think that they can. It’s a marketing drive. 

That just shows how little you know. I already wrote that you can use a different service if you wish to see the content if available. Other option are VPN. What they can do, is block your access based on IP address, unit used, possible email or other personal information you have added and are live in from a Google service at the same time.