YouTube blocking

Bangkok Barry

1 hour ago, Aurelien said:

I use Unblock Origin and it works like a charm...for now. I had to disable my other adblockers tho. And enter a few 'code' lines in the filter options. 

Exactly. I did look at that, but it's a bit fiddly. Disabling, entering code. Okay for those who want to mess around like that, but not necessary for those who don't. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Exactly. I did look at that, but it's a bit fiddly. Disabling, entering code. Okay for those who want to mess around like that, but not necessary for those who don't. 

.....Or watch YouTube on a TV. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NextG said:

Just click to close the box down and then click to continue playing the video… why the drama?

After you have closed the box a few times, that option is no longer available, and you are left with the big box and need an alternative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What code entering is being described? The addon is basically installed and already functional with default settings as they are configured.

If one needs additional settings configured its a simple process of open ublockorigin, get to setttings and tick a few more boxes. Takes about 15 seconds.

Entering code lol, is this the developer of the addon doing this.

Edited by freeworld
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I use Brave and YouTube blocks my viewing. I'll play around and see if there's a setting I can change.

I would say there is no settings to adjust, there is only a checkbox to enable/disable.

There is probably something in braves adblocker code settings which youtube are detecting and they are blocking viewing when brave is used. Some other adblock addons are the same.

Ublockorigin and adguard atm can be used. I don't watch much youtube and have no problem with ads when I do watch.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I use raw Brave, NO tweaking, no adblocker. I believe Brave does adblocking automatically out of the box.

Ad blocking is the problem though, isn't it. YouTube is not allowing us to view videos with one. If Brave automatically uses one then in theory you can no longer watch the videos using Brave without turning the blocker off.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, pasathai said:

no problem using  firefox 

Most people do not realize just how good FireFox is IMO...I have used it since it was released in2004.... in less than a year, it was downloaded over 100 million times. Yes no trouble with Youtube

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenCrew said:

After you have closed the box a few times, that option is no longer available, and you are left with the big box and need an alternative.

I get it but once and not again. So cannot replicate your issue in order to effect a possible workaround. 

14 hours ago, NextG said:

Just click to close the box down and then click to continue playing the video… why the drama?

Well it seems to escalate, today I got a message that I have three free views and then blocked. Didn't test it, and I am busy migrating to Rumble for many of my needs.

51 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Well it seems to escalate, today I got a message that I have three free views and then blocked. Didn't test it, and I am busy migrating to Rumble for many of my needs.

Perhaps you are doing something different from I. Are you signed in? I am not. 

If you are ‘migrating’, it sounds as if you have content. 
In that case a cheap Premium account might be more suitable. 

16 hours ago, pasathai said:

no problem using  firefox 

Not for me. Been using FF with Adblockers for years but then started to get warnings until eventually told if I used it again without disabling blockersI would be cut off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Got same message, so now have to tolerate the ads.

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
8 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Brave browser has no blocking problems AND no ads.

I use Brave and YouTube blocks my viewing. I'll play around and see if there's a setting I can change.

I use Brave on the laptop and the phone, no blocking of videos from YT.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1