White House condemns Fox News over ‘sickening attack’ on Arab Americans

Social Media

image.png

Network urged to apologize to ‘every single viewer’ after host Jesse Watters seemed to advocate violence against Arab Americans

Fox News must apologize to its viewers, a White House spokesperson said, after the rightwing channel’s host Jesse Watters seemed to advocate violence against Arab Americans, amid heightened tensions over the Israel and Hamas war in Gaza.

On Wednesday evening, on the highly rated Fox show The Five, Watters said: “If you’re an Arab American in this country, and you rip down posters of Jewish hostages, American hostages, no. No, no, no. Someone is going to get punched in the face.”

In a statement sent to the Guardian, the White House deputy press secretary, Andrew Bates, called Watters’ remarks “unacceptable” and said: “Fox News owes an apology to every single viewer for this sickening attack on the rights and dignity of their fellow Americans.”

Israel says more than 1,400 people were killed and more than 5,400 injured when Hamas launched surprise attacks on 7 October. More than 240 hostages were taken. According to the Gaza health ministry Israeli strikes have killed more than 9,000. The same source says nearly 24,000 Palestinians have been injured.

In the US, amid protest and counter-protest, instances of posters of hostages taken by Hamas being removed from public display have been widely reported.

On Wednesday, Watters also said: “I want to say something about Arab Americans and about the Muslim world. We – and when I say we I mean the west and western technology – have created the Middle East. We made them rich. We got that oil out of the ground, our military protects all of these oil shipments flying around the world, making them rich. We fund their military. We respect their kings. We kill their terrorists. OK? But we’ve had it. We’ve had it with them!”

FULL STORY

Guardian.png

The same WH that doesn't want a cease fire now ... 😂

Why stop the killing, where's the fun in that 😎

"23 hours ago — The White House has refused to call for a cease-fire but has signaled that the Israelis should consider humanitarian pauses to allow civilians to receive aid and for foreign nationals trapped on the strip to leave Gaza"

continue the war

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Tone deaf nonsense.

What else do you expect. Mr F off is on another rant about The Guardian. He seems to think it should not report facts.

I think the true reasons is he tries to hid his real views, as he seems to wants to jump straight in on every thread about immigrants/ non whites.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Georgealbert said:

What else do you expect. Mr F off is on another rant about The Guardian. He seems to think it should not report facts.

I think the true reasons is he tries to hid his real views, as he seems to wants to jump straight in on every thread about immigrants/ non whites.

I doubt there’s any conscious volition in play.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt there’s any conscious volition in play.

Awww, my two biggest fans gossiping about me. That's really sweet 😗. Maybe a PM would be more appropriate though, or maybe a room?

The guardian isn't reporting facts. It's reporting on a deliberate misinterpretation of Watters comments. No surprise though, the guardian will report anything that supports their agenda. No wonder they are begging for donations every time you visit their website.😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Awww, my two biggest fans gossiping about me. That's really sweet 😗. Maybe a PM would be more appropriate though, or maybe a room?

The guardian isn't reporting facts. It's reporting on a deliberate misinterpretation of Watters comments. No surprise though, the guardian will report anything that supports their agenda. No wonder they are begging for donations every time you visit their website.😆

The Guardian has reported both the Fox statements and the WH statements.

It has not interpreted either.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Yes I actually secretly hate non whites, that why I married one and frequently go drinking with my non white brother-in-law when in the UK. 😆

It's also why I count non white Thomas Sowell as my favourite author/social commentator and supported non white Kemi Badenoch to be the next PM of my country.

That race card is really making you look so intelligent and virtuous, keep playing it at every opportunity  😃.

🙈  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Guardian has reported both the Fox statements and the WH statements.

It has not interpreted either.

It has reported on the Whitehouse's blatant, deliberate and obvious misinterpretation of Watter's statement.

I think the Wokies call it "spreading misinformation".

• Haha 2