Free Palestine protest on same day as Remembrance Day in London.

On 11/5/2023 at 9:08 AM, Somjot said:

Sadly, once again the Israeli Palestinian conflict has shown the world the double standard of some countries in the western world, like the US, the UK and my home country, Germany.

Human rights – of course!

Freedom of speech – absolutely!

No torture for captive soldiers – Sure!

But … err … only if it is about OUR human rights, OUR freedom of speech and by the way, those POWs in Guantanamo were not soldiers, they were combatants.

The UN voted about a resolution for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire a few days ago.

A … HUMANITARIAN … Ceasefire!

And Germany did not vote for it.

Reason: “Err … well … that resolution did not state clearly enough that Hamas is a terror organisation!”

Are you kidding me??

Everybody knows they are!

In less than one month more Palestinian civilians have been killed than Ukrainians since Russia attacked them - and that was almost two years ago.

I have no right to criticize the US or the UK but I cannot tell you how disappointed I am from my own government.

We are so proud about how “intense and honest we did come to terms with our past revealing all the crimes of the Nazis and that every German now and for all times has the duty to make sure that such a thing will never ever happen again”.

But obviously the sentence does not end there, one has to add: “… to Jewish people, everybody else we consider being minor, can be slaughtered as we or our forever Jewish friends see fit.”

Some may call Hamas animals, but one thing is for sure, they are smarter than us.

They knew from the beginning that they had no chance to win a war against Israel and that was never their intention.

All they wanted was to cast a slur at Israel, which traditionally reacts very extreme on attacks like this and at those few countries, which support Israel, no matter what they do.

And by doing so, widening the gap between those countries and the rest of the world, making them see our true faces and consequently distrusting us more and more, facilitating any kind of cooperation between them and our isolation from them.

That's all very well.

However, was it not Hamas, in this case, that started the bombing?

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Pro Palestinian marches are not protesting the killings.

They are protesting the existence of Isreal.

Listen to their chants. They literally do speak volumes.

Exactly.

If Israel was just another of so many Muslim states instead of the one very tiny Jewish nation state in the world with the exact same events, there would be ZERO protests. 

Of course good luck finding even one obsessive Israel demonizer that would admit that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly.

If Israel was just another of so many Muslim states instead of the one very tiny Jewish nation state in the world with the exact same events, there would be ZERO protests. 

The definition of Anti Semitism is treating Israel differently to how other Countries are treated .

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No they aren’t.

You’ve been over imbibing the Bravermans. 

You appear to be blind to the Pro Palistinians' ideals.

Also, linking me to Braverman is inane. I'm neither condemning nor condoning the protest marches. I'm explaining what they are about.

If the protests pass peacefully, no problem. If they kick off and become violent, problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No, Israel isn't where all Jews live .

(Why are you asking a question that you know the answer to ?)

You said anti semitism, by definition, is the way Israel is treated.

That's clearly wrong so your knowledge of Jews and where they live appeared lacking.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You said anti semitism, by definition, is the way Israel is treated.

That's clearly wrong so your knowledge of Jews and where they live appeared lacking.

I didn't make that definition up, that is the official definition that I stated .

My knowledge or lack of knowledge about where Jews live doesn't come into the equation 

I didn't make that definition up, that is the official definition that I stated .

My knowledge or lack of knowledge about where Jews live doesn't come into the equation 

The term "anti semitism" was first used around 1870/80.

Long before the creation of the state of Isreal.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO it is not the two peoples that are the problem, but the leadership on BOTH sides IS the problem.

The people on both sides do not have views? They all want peace? All do exactly as their leaders tell them?

On 11/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, transam said:

Remembrance Day is a very special day for us Brits, it should not be tampered with by anyone, it's a day to commemorate those who gave their lives for us, our freedom.

The police should do everything in their powers to stop any intervention from anywhere.........

Remembrance Poppy" Images – Browse 6,610 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video |  Adobe Stock

Well, if you English didn't give us Jews all the Palestinian land they wouldn't be protesting in England. But they can't get into Gaza now so you will have to put up with it.

WW2 was 80 years ago. Palestinians have been paying the price for the British lies for about the same amount of time.

IMO protesting in England during remembrance day is very appropriate. 

Anyway they are going ahead with it so you are just going to suck it up mate.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's an interesting comment.

Would you care to elaborate?

If you really want me to. A few might get offended though.

The Brits went around "colonizing" a lot of countries and throwing their weight around. lying, cheating, stealing and raping. It is well documented.

What they did to India, Pakistan, Australia, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, SEA  etc etc was disgraceful and utterly shameful.

As a result those countries were included in the "Commonwealth".

Which resulted in those citizens being given easy citizenship to England. And the native white people there, well, they like to complain a lot, so it doesn't make for a harmonious society.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goat said:

If you really want me to. A few might get offended though.

The Brits went around "colonizing" a lot of countries and throwing their weight around. lying, cheating, stealing and raping. It is well documented.

What they did to India, Pakistan, Australia, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, SEA  etc etc was disgraceful and utterly shameful.

As a result those countries were included in the "Commonwealth".

Which resulted in those citizens being given easy citizenship to England. And the native white people there, well, they like to complain a lot, so it doesn't make for a harmonious society.

That's interesting.

Interesting as I'm currently in UK. To be honest, most people just go about their business. It's social media that makes it look like you think.

As for your comment "native white people". Well. That really does show you are living in the dark ages.

As for colonization....French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese......

I think you are suffering from selective reading.

48 minutes ago, Goat said:

Well, if you English didn't give us Jews all the Palestinian land they wouldn't be protesting in England. But they can't get into Gaza now so you will have to put up with it.

WW2 was 80 years ago. Palestinians have been paying the price for the British lies for about the same amount of time.

ALL the Palestinian land? What a crock. It wasn't "Palestinian" land to begin with. It was indeed British Mandate Palestine which included the huge TransJordran and before that Ottoman Empire.

The UN partition created a Jewish part and an Arab part. Again, nothing about a "Palestinian" part.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Although it was the U,N that gave Israel a Country .

The U,N voted for an Israeli state 

Which was did your Country vote in that poll ?

Did your Country vote for a state of Israel to be formed ?

Numerous Countries colonised other Countries, it just that the British were the best at doing it 

I am talking about the current official  definition of Anti Semitism 

That's funny.

A definition of ill feeling and hatred towards an entire faith has now changed to only include those of that faith in a specific country.

I'm sure Non Isreali Jews around the world  will be pleased discrimination, hatred and violence against them no longer counts as anti semitism.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's funny.

A definition of ill feeling and hatred towards an entire faith has now changed to only include those of that faith in a specific country.

I'm sure Non Isreali Jews around the world  will be pleased discrimination, hatred and violence against them no longer counts as anti semitism.

That wasn't the only thing included in the definition of anti Semitism, there were other things included as well . 

I just stated one aspect of it 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

ALL the Palestinian land? What a crock. It wasn't "Palestinian" land to begin with. It was indeed British Mandate Palestine which included the huge TransJordran and before that Ottoman Empire.

The UN partition created a Jewish part and an Arab part. Again, nothing about a "Palestinian" part.

Video link above deleted for brevity. Unfortunately some people indulge in semantics, official US government documented history states:

Throughout 1947, the United Nations Special Commission on Palestine examined the Palestinian question and recommended the partition of Palestine into a Jewish and an Arab state. 

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/creation-israel#:~:text=On November 29%2C 1947 the,mandate was scheduled to end.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Video link above deleted for brevity. Unfortunately some people indulge in semantics, official US government documented history states:

Throughout 1947, the United Nations Special Commission on Palestine examined the Palestinian question and recommended the partition of Palestine into a Jewish and an Arab state. 

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/creation-israel#:~:text=On November 29%2C 1947 the,mandate was scheduled to end.

The region!

Not a people!

Palestinian Arab as a distinct political identity separate from Jordanian Arab etc  didn't come until much later. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The region!

Not a people!

Palestinian Arab as a distinct political identity separate from Jordanian Arab etc  didn't come until much later. 

Quite so - the Palestinian people - whom some endeavour to deny their historical rights to land in the region. As has been mentioned numerous times the political leaders have been abject failures in representation. 

Whilst people have the legal right to demonstrate for Palestinian rights in the UK, it is not appropriate to do so on Remembrance Day, even though doing so will gain additional media coverage.

• Like 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Had you been doing so you would have used "one definition" as apposed to "the definition".

Please don't tell me what I meant . 

I know what I meant, you don't, OK ?

Actually, you probably did know that I meant, but you are just being argumentative .

Just to clarify : Treating Israel differently to other Countries is officially regarded as being Anti sematic ,( although that isn't the only thing that is anti sematic , there are other things as well )

(Please don't dissect this post looking for an argument , thanks)

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Please don't tell me what I meant . 

I know what I meant, you don't, OK ?

Actually, you probably did know that I meant, but you are just being argumentative .

Just to clarify : Treating Israel differently to other Countries is officially regarded as being Anti sematic ,( although that isn't the only thing that is anti sematic , there are other things as well )

(Please don't dissect this post looking for an argument , thanks)

No dissection.

You wrote "The definition of Anti Semitism is treating Israel differently to how other Countries are treated."

Your original post and the post above are totally different. 

Thanks for correcting yourself.