Free Palestine protest on same day as Remembrance Day in London.

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

quote "After giving them everything they've asked for for years this piss take has got to be the final straw".

Giving them everything they have asked for?

Such as what?

How about Israel gives back the land and houses they have stolen from ALL the Palestinians?

How about ending forever the land, sea and air blockade of the Gaza forever?

How about Israel stops bombing and destroying Palestinian Palestinian villages, towns and Gaza city?

How about Israel restores power, water, fuel, food and medical supplies that THEY cut off

How about Israel clears out of West Jerusalem and recognises it as the Palestinian capital?

How about Israel gives up Netanyahu as a war criminal along with ALL his warmongering cabinet.

Then he Palestinians can give the Hamas leadership up as war criminals.

Then the Hamas can stop attacking Jewish settlements.

Then perhaps BOTH sides will admit that they have been wrong and that Palestinians and Jews CAN live together peacefully as they did for thousands of years until the last century.

Well, that's next weekend sorted.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Many of who where not British and more than a few where Muslims.

Maybe the right to peacefully protest was one of the things these people from around the world fought for.

Sadly, once again the Israeli Palestinian conflict has shown the world the double standard of some countries in the western world, like the US, the UK and my home country, Germany.

Human rights – of course!

Freedom of speech – absolutely!

No torture for captive soldiers – Sure!

But … err … only if it is about OUR human rights, OUR freedom of speech and by the way, those POWs in Guantanamo were not soldiers, they were combatants.

The UN voted about a resolution for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire a few days ago.

A … HUMANITARIAN … Ceasefire!

And Germany did not vote for it.

Reason: “Err … well … that resolution did not state clearly enough that Hamas is a terror organisation!”

Are you kidding me??

Everybody knows they are!

In less than one month more Palestinian civilians have been killed than Ukrainians since Russia attacked them - and that was almost two years ago.

I have no right to criticize the US or the UK but I cannot tell you how disappointed I am from my own government.

We are so proud about how “intense and honest we did come to terms with our past revealing all the crimes of the Nazis and that every German now and for all times has the duty to make sure that such a thing will never ever happen again”.

But obviously the sentence does not end there, one has to add: “… to Jewish people, everybody else we consider being minor, can be slaughtered as we or our forever Jewish friends see fit.”

Some may call Hamas animals, but one thing is for sure, they are smarter than us.

They knew from the beginning that they had no chance to win a war against Israel and that was never their intention.

All they wanted was to cast a slur at Israel, which traditionally reacts very extreme on attacks like this and at those few countries, which support Israel, no matter what they do.

And by doing so, widening the gap between those countries and the rest of the world, making them see our true faces and consequently distrusting us more and more, facilitating any kind of cooperation between them and our isolation from them.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, billd766 said:

quote "After giving them everything they've asked for for years this piss take has got to be the final straw".

Giving them everything they have asked for?

Such as what?

How about Israel gives back the land and houses they have stolen from ALL the Palestinians?

How about ending forever the land, sea and air blockade of the Gaza forever?

How about Israel stops bombing and destroying Palestinian Palestinian villages, towns and Gaza city?

How about Israel restores power, water, fuel, food and medical supplies that THEY cut off

How about Israel clears out of West Jerusalem and recognises it as the Palestinian capital?

How about Israel gives up Netanyahu as a war criminal along with ALL his warmongering cabinet.

Then he Palestinians can give the Hamas leadership up as war criminals.

Then the Hamas can stop attacking Jewish settlements.

Then perhaps BOTH sides will admit that they have been wrong and that Palestinians and Jews CAN live together peacefully as they did for thousands of years until the last century.

Hey…how about free Palestinians from the clutches of HamAss? Eh? How about that one???

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, novacova said:

Hey…how about free Palestinians from the clutches of HamAss? Eh? How about that one???

excellent point. if israel had given Palestinians' opportunities, instead of focusing on making life for the average Palestinian so difficult, it would be much more difficult for hamas to have power and influence. israel reaps what it sows. until the two peoples learn to live together this circle of hate and violence will continue.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

excellent point. if israel had given Palestinians' opportunities, instead of focusing on making life for the average Palestinian so difficult, it would be much more difficult for hamas to have power and influence. israel reaps what it sows. until the two peoples learn to live together this circle of hate and violence will continue.

There are quite often comments like that, about how Israel (or the World, or the West, Or the USA, or Arab countries) should give, do, help and so on the Palestinians. There's relatively very little by way of expecting the Palestinians to do anything semi-constructive on their own.

I agree Israel's policies (especially in the West Bank, though) aren't helpful, to put it very very mildly. But at the same time, there were other nations and people in history that managed to gain their independence, set up a state, and take charge of their destiny without it being handed on a platter.

More on topic, there was a comment on this made on social media by one Jason Marriner, ex Chelsea headhunters, nowadays living in Thailand. Some sort of mangled call to arms. Guess it was more the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, transam said:

Remembrance Day is a very special day for us Brits, it should not be tampered with by anyone, it's a day to commemorate those who gave their lives for us, our freedom.

The police should do everything in their powers to stop any intervention from anywhere.........

Remembrance Poppy" Images – Browse 6,610 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video |  Adobe Stock

Protesting to end killings in a war killing hundreds of civilians a day.

Where’s the problem?

Seems especially fitting for Armistice Day.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:47 AM, quake said:

Just one more example of how disgraceful the uk has become nowadays.

The rest of the world has taken over the uk.

how sad.

Was heading back that way in a few years time.

Not going to now, with the ever increasing nonsense I see every day on the news.

You  can turn the lights off and close the door. 

Stop watching the news.

It's not a fair reflection of the UK. 

News stories are usually grim, headline grabbers. Reporters tend not to report the good stories.

Isaan is my home in Thailand. If I was to believe the Isaan News section on this site, as an example, was a true reflection of the place, I would never return.

I don't believe that so I will return.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 4:40 PM, it is what it is said:

IMHO it is not the two peoples that are the problem, but the leadership on BOTH sides IS the problem.

• Confused 1