Bitkub is asking for KYC again. After logging in KYC is disabled for foreigners....

advancebooking

51 minutes ago, Conno said:

Update 30 minutes later - Lvl 2 approved moving on to the bank Lvl 3 stuff now. 

Interesting, I have a 5 year Thai driving license and had no idea they would accept that as an ID - they didn't mention it in the support ticket but I only specifically asked about the visa type.

Maybe I'll give it a go at some point in the next few weeks.

I will add for future readers that the verification process is very prone to failure unless you do it on a mobile phone with a decent camera and use their app instead of a webcam.

Did you do it on the phone ?

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I have a 5 year Thai driving license and had no idea they would accept that as an ID - they didn't mention it in the support ticket but I only specifically asked about the visa type.

Maybe I'll give it a go at some point in the next few weeks.

I will add for future readers that the verification process is very prone to failure unless you do it on a mobile phone with a decent camera and use their app instead of a webcam.

Did you do it on the phone ?

I started out using my PC until I got to the take/upload images/files part which is when I hit a snag as I don't have a cam attached. I then remembered advancebooking had highlighted this on another thread but I'd forgotten about it. So I then started over on my iPad as I hate using my iPhone these days as I'm no spring chicken and the screen is too small. Had a few back and forth emails with their support which were fast in reply, but details were a bit thin. Just one line answers and felt almost like AI rather than a human but I think it was a human. 

On the ID thing. I sent them an email pointing out that UK citizens don't have a national ID card, we only have passports and driving licenses if we drive. The reply was a one line reply of 'upload UK ID and/or Thai driving license if not expired and you have one with Thai Elite visa'. I interpreted that as meaning if you had used Thai Elite service agents to obtain one? Anyway, using my iPad and their app I uploaded my UK license and my Thai Elite related stamps and received a Lvl 2 approval within the hour. I also remember advancebooking pointing out a step where they asked him to scan the chip in his passport using his phone. I never encountered that step which is fortunate as I don't think that is even possible using an iPad? Maybe that will be a requirement at some later stage eg Lvl 4?

I did reply to you last night but aseannow went into maintenance mode right when I was typing and I lost everything I typed arrrrrr, then I went to bed. 

Just before I went to bed I completed the next steps after Lvl 2 approval which were creating I think it was called a withdrawal password [forget the exact name] and activating 2FA security. I then went on to Lvl 3 steps which were bank details. 

Good news is this morning there was an email in my inbox informing me Lvl 3 verification has been approved, so I'll move on to Lvl 4 probs next week which I think involves uploading 3 months worth of statements etc. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:29 PM, Celsius said:

So, being at the mercy of Thai exchange where they can lock your account while asking for yet another KYC is more convenient and reliable?

Coinbase locked my account because I can not provide a drivers license or state ID.

• 1 month later...

I am not succeeding to make Bitkub happy. Contrary to last year, now we can only contact them via the mobile phone app. It doesn't work for me. I have sent Bitkub all documents they could possibly need via opening a ticket, to no avail. They never answer. A real bunch of loonies.

Today I got suspended. I cannot buy nor sell anything anymore. Everything is greyed out.

I wait another week to see if I might get a response from Bitkub. If not I will transfer my balance to my bank account. 

• Thanks 1

Oh brother nothing has changed with them it seems. In fact they sound worse. I don't even have the app on my phone as not a fan of phone apps with any financial product. Just seems like a breach or hack or scam waiting to happen. Keep us updated.

Sign up with UpBit once you get your funds out of the loonies grasp. They really are the most incompetent crypto related org I have ever encountered.

Edited by Conno

21 hours ago, Conno said:

Oh brother nothing has changed with them it seems. In fact they sound worse. I don't even have the app on my phone as not a fan of phone apps with any financial product. Just seems like a breach or hack or scam waiting to happen. Keep us updated.

Sign up with UpBit once you get your funds out of the loonies grasp. They really are the most incompetent crypto related org I have ever encountered.

I don't like Upbit. It is in no way comparable to Bitkub. The interface is horrible. And: I have already withdrawn my balance at Bitkub. Why wait any longer? They never answer anything you send them.

Edited by Dario

You may not like UpBits UI and I agree Bitkubs is better but you also hate using Bitkub as they are masters of frustration inducing stress, so what's your options then? Beggars can't be choosers and therefore it comes down to the lesser of two evils. There isn't many other alternatives if you want to use the Baht. Even the new Binance Thailand seems to be giving farangs problems too. Bottom line is the powers that be hate crypto. Gives the honest ordinary person too much sovereignty over their own wealth management. We will win in the end but it is going to be a long dirty and bitter fight. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 7:07 PM, Dario said:

I am not succeeding to make Bitkub happy. Contrary to last year, now we can only contact them via the mobile phone app.

When Bitkub switched my trading off last year as a foreigner I moved my funds out. This month they offered via mobile app to accept new KYC docs and this was simply a photo of pp (which they had already) and a selfie in three directions! That was all, then wait for them two weeks to approve which they did - giving me 100THB trading fees credit.

I still only have 2 baht in the account and it will probably stay that way.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

When Bitkub switched my trading off last year as a foreigner I moved my funds out. This month they offered via mobile app to accept new KYC docs and this was simply a photo of pp (which they had already) and a selfie in three directions! That was all, then wait for them two weeks to approve which they did - giving me 100THB trading fees credit.

I still only have 2 baht in the account and it will probably stay that way.

Im still waiting. How did you know it was approved? Did you get an email?