TM30 current rules - Chiang Mai!

Thailand

I own a condo and only update when I have a visa renewal due despite the fact I leave the country typically 4 times a year. Never a problem renewing visa and never queried as to why I hadn't updated each reentry. 

As to what the actual rule is well that depends on which immigration officer you speak to.

Ratchaburi Immigration is pretty casual, I dont need to resubmit a TM30 when returning from Oz or anywhere else. If I need an extension, I just need to show the TM30 receipt (or attach a copy with the paperwork.. New TM30 with a new passport I suppose, I will find out next year.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 3:02 AM, Thailand said:

Returning from overseas to same address is TM30 required?

Returning from another province where hotel etc submitted TM30 report 100% required?

No, according to the police order a TM30 is not required when visiting other provinses and returning to the same earlier registered address, and re-entering with a re-entry permission to the same earlier registered address "within the valid period". The latter I understand as the permitted length of stay, which can be until the extension of stay expires. So, when a new extension is granted, as new TM30 report might be needed.

A unofficial translation of the police-order:

2.2: After the householder, owner or possessor of the premises of the hotel has reported, as defined in Article 2.1, the same alien has left the premises and returned for another stay within the valid period, the householder, owner or possessor of the premises of the hotel does not need to make another report;

Source link.

However, about September (2023) a new online TM30 registration system started, an d no data from the previous system was transferred to the new system – "...They further stipulated that property owners previously registered on the old system would need to re-register on the new platform" – so at the moment you need to re-register TM30. When extending your stay, the immigration will check for TM30 online – in the new system.
Source link.

Furthermore, some provinses' immigration office might not accept the police rule; that's the case where I live, so leaving the province or re-entering, a new TM30 is needed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, puck2 said:

When going around in Thailand, let your wife check-in. Problem solved!

Stayed twice in the last 2 months at a hotel in Hua Hin. Using only Thai wife's ID when signing in was not acceptable.        I had to present my passport. They now report every single person staying following a visit from the local Immigration a few months ago. Previously was never a problem at the same hotel using wife's ID but is now which means you are wise to submit TM 30 on return. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The words of an IO at Chiang Mai immigration TM30 office earlier this week.

Returning from another province where your stay has been reported by your accommodation you need to report a new TM30 accordingly within 24 hours of return, or the earliest day from the office being open.

You should also submit a TM30 on returning from abroad even if returning to the same address!

Saw a few fines being paid in just 30 minutes at the TM30 office.

Of course it may be different next week!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2023 at 2:36 PM, Sparkles said:

Stayed twice in the last 2 months at a hotel in Hua Hin. Using only Thai wife's ID when signing in was not acceptable.        I had to present my passport. They now report every single person staying following a visit from the local Immigration a few months ago. Previously was never a problem at the same hotel using wife's ID but is now which means you are wise to submit TM 30 on return. 

Result:

When you check-in, ask the person at the desk, if they report YOUR staying in the hotel. If Yes, you should do it (TM30).

TiT, Thailands bureaucrazy at its best !

And, @silverhawk_usa + @Sparkles , thank you for your information/experience.