What's Your Favourite Flavour Of Ice Cream?

Weho

Baskin Robbin's chocolate mint chip, #1.

Second: Baskin Robbin's chocolate chip

third: Haagen Daz, not sure of the name, but it's chocolate with little chocolate pieces in it.

forth: (tie): Baskin Robbin's Rocky Road and Swenson's Chocolate Chip.

sixth: n/a, the above are the only ones I've ever eaten, and I'm not willing to take a risk by trying something new.

if i had icecream in my mouth when i died, i would die a happy woman.

got me thinking about ice cream ,now i want cornish vanilla :o

Thanks for reminding me of that, now I'm feeling miserable to....

Edited by mrtoad

Fun question.

Hmmm, so many. Who can pick one?

In Bangkok I like the New Zealand Natural flavors:

Honey Fig and Orange Chocolate Chip

I also fancy Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

My favorite of all time was black sesame in Sydney Aus at a famous Aussie chain (probably called Passionflower but not 100 percent sure, they also have the best durian ice cream I ever had).

Swensons and Baskin Robbins? Oy vey. Guess it goes well with Sizzler chow. When I was kid, I did crave B&R's praline cream flavor, especially in a milkshake.

Then there is gelato. A different thing entirely.

Edited by Jingthing

Fun question.

Hmmm, so many. Who can pick one?

In Bangkok I like the New Zealand Natural flavors:

Honey Fig and Orange Chocolate Chip

I also fancy Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

My favorite of all time was black sesame in Sydney Aus at a famous Aussie chain (probably called Passionflower but not 100 percent sure, they also have the best durian ice cream I ever had).

Swensons and Baskin Robbins? Oy vey. Guess it goes well with Sizzler chow. When I was kid, I did crave B&R's praline cream flavor, especially in a milkshake.

Then there is gelato. A different thing entirely.

I don't want to upset anyone, but that New Zealand ice cream in Bangkok, at the Siam Paragon, was the WORST ice cream I ever had. I thought it was absolutely tasteless... not sure what flavour I had, but it was so far off, I won't go back for a second chance.

And isn't it odd that a cone of Baskin Robbins is 55 baht at the Carrefour center, and Swensen's is, I think only 35 baht outside the Royal Garden. A few weeks ago, I was at an event at the Impact Center in bangkok, where in a food court they have BOTH Swensen's AND Baskin Robbin's, almost next to eachother, and they were BOTH charging only 35 baht per cone.

Go figure.

On the Baskin Robbin's sign, they call it a "GIANT CONE" for 55 baht, and it's pictured with ice cream just OVER FLOWING off the sides of the cone... but the reality is you get a single golf ball size piece of ice cream, with NONE flowing over the sides.

Still, i like their ice cream. Is it made in thailand or imported?

I would also add that I find it annoying at Swensen's when I go to the counter, they point for me to sit down at the tables... I don't want to sit down... I want a frickin' ice cream cone, i'm not ordering a 6 course meal... and they act all shocked like you're not willing to sit down. what's the deal with that?

my own made:

walnut

chocolate

lemon

strawberry

all with real ingredients hmmmmmmm

Gerd

Hi Gerd, you're da man! So hopefully you can help. I have an icecream maker and I am going to try coconut and chocolate. Any suggestions or recipes?

my own made:

walnut

chocolate

lemon

strawberry

all with real ingredients hmmmmmmm

Gerd

Hi Gerd, you're da man! So hopefully you can help. I have an icecream maker and I am going to try coconut and chocolate. Any suggestions or recipes?

Recipes you'll find thousands with google, but try to find "your" special recipe and play around a bit.

Sure you need only the best ingredients, I like to use a lot of heavy whipping cream hmmmmmmmm, not only milk.

For coconut flavour I would reduce coconut milk by cooking/simmering with some dried coconut flakes to increase the taste, may be some drops of artificial coconut flavour.

To improve the texture add some gelatine and for giving it a special "kick" add some Malibu.

Gerd