Twin Teenagers Surrender After Shooting Another Person to Death in Bangkok

webfact

227867_0-696x482.jpg

Bangkok – Twin teenagers have surrendered after shooting another teenager to death in Bangkok.

The Prawet Police told TPN media that on Sunday (November 5th) they arrested two teens identified only as Mr. Yossakorn and Mr. Yossaphon, 19-year-old twins. Seized from them was a handgun. The arrest came after they shot another teenager to death on the On Nut Road in Prawet on Saturday morning (November 4th).

The victim, named only as Mr. Koonsap, 19, sustained severe injuries from a bullet wound and he was later pronounced dead at a local hospital. His friend, identified only as Mr. Sompop, 19, told police that he was driving a motorbike with his passenger Mr. Koonsap.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-11-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

17 hours ago, Denim said:

I used to be dead set against the death penalty when I was in my youth.

Now , after a lifetime of reading about pointless killings :

' Mr. Yossaphon, the elder brother, admitted to police that he became angry when he saw the victim’s face for no reason.'

I just don't see any use to anyone in a life behind bars for the murderer.  He took a young life and should forfeit his own.

I would be surprised if a life sentence will be handed down.  This is Thailand after all. But then again, after the Siam Paragon shooting the government might want to send a message. I suppose it all depends on how well connected, or wealthy the family is.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Mr. Yossaphon, the elder brother, admitted to police that he became angry when he saw the victim’s face

Absolutely anything can get you killed in Thailand.

Actually if you read the whole story there was an exchange about which technical school they were studying at which led to an argument and then the altercation.

Now I'm not saying that makes it OK (please don't strawman me), but I'm just clarifying that it wasn't quite as random as just shooting him because he didn't like the guy's face.

Let's hope they both get life in jail.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Denim said:

I used to be dead set against the death penalty when I was in my youth.

Now , after a lifetime of reading about pointless killings :

' Mr. Yossaphon, the elder brother, admitted to police that he became angry when he saw the victim’s face for no reason.'

I just don't see any use to anyone in a life behind bars for the murderer.  He took a young life and should forfeit his own.

+1