POTY 2023 Leaderboard

Goat

40 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I know Yinn won POTY but many were calling Yinn out before that point saying that it wasn't a Thai female. After winning POTY Yinn suddenly disappeared further adding to the fire. (too much hassle keeping up the charade). I gave Yinn the benefit of doubt to start with but also found it quite surreal how gullible many were protecting a poster that was probably a westerner with nothing better to do. 

There was a post of Yinn's manifesto for Poster of the Year, a page back, but it was deleted. It showed exactly why she, he, it in my opinion was head and shoulders above most posters in terms of cleverness and getting what this site is all about. But I shan't continue discussing her, him, them or it will upset some on this site. She disappeared as she was banned it seems. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Troll Of The Year,  then.

Most nominated are trolls. Period.

* Few or no intelligent posts.

* Few or no informative posts.

* Aggressive, many of them.

Poster of the year earlier years, was built on Quality content.

WHAT CRITERIA FOR THIS YEAR?

I asked that question 2-3 days ago still waiting for the answer.... one of the names there would easily win the troll/obnoxious/aggressive/negative content of the year without any competition

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What would  gender have to do with the selection?

If pretending to be something you are not, is grounds for disqualification. Then I think there would be few in this forum who would qualify .

Vote for me , I guaranty I am a male! Hey that has a nice ring to it for my bumper stickers. :biggrin:

I've never seen a poster pretend they are someone they are not on here apart from Yinn. Gender means nothing in this case to me. Many talk about ex sas etc on barstools but I haven't read people posting on here claiming to be that all. I'll admit I see quite a few oddments but I'm not exactly mr perfect either.

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Listen Shop, everyone is allowed to vote for whoever they like. 

It is a democratic process.

if that's a democratic process why not allowed to vote for the worse/obnoxious/negative/aggressive poster of the year, democracy works both ways or it should, thus vote for the best poty or the worse poty that would be a democratic process, however prior to do that, rules/regulations and standards should be published but that would be too much work as we are here to just enjoy life and have fun and not to create potentially argumentative content

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I've never seen a poster pretend they are someone they are not on here apart from Yinn. Gender means nothing in this case to me. Many talk about ex sas etc on barstools but I haven't read people posting on here claiming to be that all. I'll admit I see quite a few oddments but I'm not exactly mr perfect either.

You're not an Alien? How disappointing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

How does one define "quality content" ?

Related to this forum:

All about Thailand.

Quality content readers needs before / when on holiday, or move to Thailand.

Educational about Visa and staying in Thailand.

Readers / members want to find solution to their problem.

Credibility.

Help readers (probably millions) and members to accomplish what they’re looking for, problem solutions and all about living in Thailand. 

Help those who consider to make the move to Thailand.

Add value to the Forum, to remain #1 forum for all about Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Related to this forum:

All about Thailand.

Quality content readers needs before / when on holiday, or move to Thailand.

Educational about Visa and staying in Thailand.

Readers / members want to find solution to their problem.

Credibility.

Help readers (probably millions) and members to accomplish what they’re looking for, problem solutions and all about living in Thailand. 

Help those who consider to make the move to Thailand.

Add value to the Forum, to remain #1 forum for all about Thailand.

First this no longer Thai visa forum , but Asean now forum, so i think you might need to rethink the Thai centric only 

Second, what one might think quality, someone else might find it to be crap

Third , why would you think that what is happening in the world of no interest and does not affect those in thailand ?