'We were told the vaccine was safe - but what happened has been life-changing’

Red Phoenix

There's a certain irony here also, given that for years, many of the most vocal anti-vaxers have been railing against the supposedly unproven mRNA vaccines, and often saying if they had to be vaccinated at all, they'd instead choose the older, more traditional vaccine formulation like that used in the UK-developed AZ vaccine. No mRNA vaccines for them.

Well, as it turned out, the more traditional vaccine method used in the UK AZ vaccine and a similar type used in the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in the U.S. (AZ was never approved for use in the U.S.) ended up having far more (though still rare) serious side effects than either the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines have had.

Right now in the U.S. and the UK, the Pfizer and the Moderna mRNA COVID vaccines are the ones still being mainly used three years later. And the AZ vaccine in the U.K. and the J&J vaccine in the U.S. basically have been discontinued because of their rare side effect issues and that other, safer alternatives (mRNA) are available.

J&J Covid-19 vaccine no longer available in the US

May 15, 2023

"Last year, the CDC limited the emergency use authorization of the vaccine to adults for whom other vaccines aren’t appropriate or accessible due to risk of a rare and dangerous clotting condition called thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) after receiving the vaccine.

Only about 7% of people who are vaccinated in the US got the J&J vaccine as their first shot."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/15/health/johnson-johnson-covid-vaccine-end/index.html

AND

No plans for UK to order more supplies of AstraZeneca Covid vaccine

JCVI says mRNA vaccines such as the Pfizer and Moderna jabs are the most effective for UK booster programme

16 Aug 2022

"Deemed a British success story, and estimated to have saved millions of lives worldwide, the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid jab played a key role early in the UK’s vaccination programme. But Prof Anthony Harnden, the deputy chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), has suggested it is unlikely to be used in the future.

He said an abundance of caution over the issue of blood clots in younger people was one reason the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab was not deemed suitable for the booster programme, along with public perception of the vaccine."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/aug/16/no-plans-for-uk-to-order-more-supplies-of-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's a certain irony here also, given that for years, many of the most vocal anti-vaxers have been railing against the supposedly unproven mRNA vaccines, and often saying if they had to be vaccinated at all, they'd instead choose the older, more traditional vaccine formulation used in the UK-developed AZ vaccine.

Are you talking 'on this platform? Or worldwide?

54 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't agree with you there Sir.

People have been seriously injured, and some have died. Are they not entitled to compensation? After all they were only doing as requested.

If it can be 100% proven, they have a case for possible compensation. However, the people died, will have a fairly big problem collecting the compensation. It will probably be relatives or family that will collect that. ;-) (Just a joke in the middle of it all) The problem might be that science will cast doubts on the possible proof, and somewhere find a red line that is the ground for the deaths of some people.

"We were told the vaccine was safe - but what happened has been life-changing" 

- Red Phoenix:

Clarification for readers:

Which vaccine?  The Astrazenica vaccine you refer to is not related to mRNA vaccines. No mRNA, no lipid particles, different mechanism. It's a DNA SARS-2-Cov spike vaccine using a adenovirus viral vector from monkeys. [reference]

BTW: Covid the disease is the primary cause of blood clots, lots, up to 10,500 in 1.4 million:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/09/19/blood-clot-risk-remains-elevated-nearly-a-year-after-covid-19

Edit: added reference to viral vector vaccines.

• Thumbs Up 1

The following isn't limited just to the AZ vaccine, but is referring to the impact of COVID vaccines in general in England:

"Work by the UK Health Security Agency and the University of Cambridge Medical Research Council Biostatistics Unit suggests that roughly 127,500 deaths were prevented by the Covid vaccination programme in England, up to 24 September 2021.

Every death is a terrible event for the people involved, but the number caused by the Covid vaccines is much smaller in comparison."

Overall, the vaccines have therefore saved vastly more lives than they have cost."

https://fullfact.org/health/covid-vaccines-saved-many-lives/

Defence will go into hyperdrive on this. The mind boggles at the amount of money Astra will put into fighting this case. Possibly working along the lines of; A) Insufficient analysis has gone into defining Vaccine-induced Immune Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia (VITT) i.e. It wasn't the vaccine that caused the damage. B) Jamie Scott was already suffering from a condition of which he was unaware. C) The very low numbers of other victims; try to establish some common link (genetic weakness perhaps) absolving the vaccine from blame.  

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

"For a man his age and in excellent health, Covid-19 posed little threat."

Absolute BS

Indeed. The article says he was age 44 back in 2021...

Unvaccinated people that age back in that period of time got no free pass from COVID disease/illness.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I would be curious to see comparable Thai statistics. I had blood clots in my feet 2 months after my second shot of AZ, however the Thai doctor insisted that the clots were not a result of AZ and that it was just coincidental.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

I would be curious to see comparable Thai statistics. I had blood clots in my feet 2 months after my second shot of AZ, however the Thai doctor insisted that the clots were not a result of AZ and that it was just coincidental.

Interesting, many thanks for your report! Raises the question; how did your Thai doctor know? Suspect he really meant to say that there's no way of proving it (either way).

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

I believe, in the UK cases discussed above, the onset of blood clots -- when that actually occurred -- was relatively soon after vaccination, from days to a few weeks, and occurred more often after the first shot.

"The clots that are linked to this vaccine have very specific characteristics:

• They occur in less common areas of the body, like the abdomen or brain.
  • People affected also have low platelet levels."

https://www.healthline.com/health/adult-vaccines/astrazeneca-vaccine

"The cases typically occur within weeks of vaccination."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/20/health/doctor-death-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine.html

The UK man discussed in the OP article here fell ill about 10 days after his first shot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, people sue for everything today. If you look at the greater picture, all the approved vaccines helped massive compared to the danger they might have posed to a small promile. 

If he can prove that AZ maliciously misrepresented their product and caused him bodily harm, mor e power to him.IMO opinion he is looking for a payday and a settlement.  

• Like 1

A post has been removed for plagiarizing a non-credible social media blog that misrepresented the findings of a study on COVID vaccinations.

Please note the following forum rule:

"Topics or posts deemed to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or which deliberately distort information will be removed."

https://aseannow.com/forum_rules/

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 12:01 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's a certain irony here also, given that for years, many of the most vocal anti-vaxers have been railing against the supposedly unproven mRNA vaccines, and often saying if they had to be vaccinated at all, they'd instead choose the older, more traditional vaccine formulation like that used in the UK-developed AZ vaccine. No mRNA vaccines for them.

Although the AZ vaccine does not use the mRNA technology, it is far from being a 'traditional' vaccine.

It is a viral vector vaccine, which "..[u]nlike many other vaccines that contain an infectious pathogen or a part of it, viral vector vaccines use a harmless virus to deliver a piece of genetic code to our cells, allowing them to make a pathogen’s protein."

So it is delivering genetic code (that encodes the SARS‑CoV‑2 spike protein) into human cells, just like Pfizer and Moderna, but it doesn't use mRNA to deliver it. If you want a traditional vaccine, you have to go for Sinovac, Sinopharm or Valneva.

Stick to re-issuing government press releases.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

AstraZeneca admits its Covid vaccine can cause rare side effect in court documents for first time

AstraZeneca has admitted for the first time in court documents that its Covid vaccine can cause a rare side effect, in an apparent about-turn that could pave the way for a multi-million pound legal payout.

The pharmaceutical giant is being sued in a class action over claims that its vaccine, developed with the University of Oxford, caused death and serious injury in dozens of cases.

AstraZeneca is contesting the claims but has accepted, in a legal document submitted to the High Court in February, that its Covid vaccine “can, in very rare cases, cause TTS”. TTS – which stands for Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome – causes people to have blood clots and a low blood platelet count.

Fifty-one cases have been lodged in the High Court, with victims and grieving relatives seeking damages estimated to be worth up to £100 million.

The company is pointing out that product information relating to the vaccine was updated in April 2021, with the approval of the UK regulator, to include “the possibility that the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine is capable, in very rare cases, of being a trigger for” TTS.

(more)

From The Telegraph, via

https://news.yahoo.com/astrazeneca-admits-first-time-covid-180000780.html

Note: the AZ vaccine was widely used in the UK during 2021 with up to 50 million doses given, but later phased out in the UK and elsewhere as reports surfaced about the very rare blood clotting and because the mRNA COVID vaccines proved more effective. The UK government has indemnified AstraZeneca against any legal actions associated with the vaccine. Still, health authorities long maintained that the COVID disease itself carried a higher risk of blood clotting, and the vaccine's benefits in reducing COVID illness and deaths outweighed its risks.

AstraZeneca Covid vaccine: safety and side effects

Updated 25 January 2023

"In April 2021, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) confirmed a possible link between the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine and these rare blood clots, but emphasised that the benefits of the vaccine continued to outweigh the risks for the vast majority of people."

Study shows risk of blood clots is far greater from coronavirus than the vaccine

A study by the University of Oxford shows that having Covid-19 puts you at a much higher risk of developing dangerous blood clots than the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccines.

The study, based on the health records of 29.1 million people in England, suggests while there is a slightly increased risk of developing low platelet levels and blood clots in the veins after a first dose of AstraZeneca, being infected with the virus raises this risk much more, and for longer.

The researchers estimate that for every 10 million people who are vaccinated with AstraZeneca, there are 66 extra cases of blood clots in the veins and seven extra cases of a rare type of blood clot in the brain. Infection with Covid-19 is estimated to cause 12,614 extra cases of blood clots in the veins and 20 cases of rare blood clots in the brain.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/astrazeneca-covid-vaccine

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 12:01 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Says in the OP the victim asked for the Pfizer vaccination .............

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Were finally starting to learn why they needed indemnity.

I spoke about that issue on here  early on  and was met with denial  that they (the multiple drug companies) even had or would need immunity/indemnity after coming up with 'such a life saving medication"

For me this alone was and still is a huge warning sign.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

I spoke about that issue on here  early on  and was met with denial  that they (the multiple drug companies) even had or would need immunity/indemnity after coming up with 'such a life saving medication"

For me this alone was and still is a huge warning sign.

Yep. I went through a couple of accounts on here telling people stuff that is fact nowadays. I’d say you can bring a horse to water blah blah but this seems much stupider than that to me. The horse probably just wasn’t thirsty 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1